• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Summary 4 those who havn't played plz

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zexionia

Hey its Zex

I was not fortunate enough to be a KH:CoM for what ever console it was for (Gameboy or something) and since im such a fan of KH i thought it important to no what happened in the game as far as the storyline.
plz try and make it understandable and don't be haste.. just because you might be the first to post doesn't mean urs is the best

So plz someone out there would u give me a summary of this game or another link to where i could get it?

~Zex

Ralyn

Um... well, if this doesn't come out very good, sorry, it's been a long time since I played ^^"

It follows both Sora and Riku on their own separate ways in Castle Oblivion. You first play as Sora. Marluxia (the head of Organization Xll) keeps popping up in Sora's path, stating "Ahead lies something you need. But to claim it you must lose something dear." Once he enters Castle Oblivion with Donald and Goofy, he realizes that he's forgetting important things (for instance Kairi's name). They all fear that they will forget their goals (looking for King Mickey and Riku), and head deeper in the Castle. On the way, they fight through several Organization members: Axel, Marluxia, Larxene to name a few. As you might already know, the fight system is a card system with a deck of cards. You fight solo, and can use special cards to summon Goofy and Donald (when you're playing as Sora). They go through several worlds which aren't really worlds: they're Sora's memories. Namine, throughout Sora's journey, rewrote his memory and replaced memories of Kairi with herself. Steadily losing his memories, he fights through more members and a Riku clone that was implanted with the same memories of Sora. And on and on it goes, until he battles and defeats Marluxia. He then goes into the pod to sleep for a year while Namine restores his true memories. Riku's story is pretty much the same, except for the fact that Ansem constantly intervenes instead of Marluxia.

Ralyn

Oh, one more thing, sorry DX During Riku's story, he has some contact with King Mickey. He can use Mickey in battle by using his card. You can also fight using his dark form :3 If you can't get a hold of the game (it's for gameboy advance), there's two manga books that follow Chain of Memories. They're more comical than the game, but it'll give you the most accurate summary you can find =D

Ralyn

There was still, and always, will be a small part of Ansem within Riku's heart, but in fact the "Ansem" that plagued Riku with troubling thoughts throughout CoM was DiZ. It's sort of hard to explain, but DiZ was working with King Mickey and made the illusions of Ansem appear to Riku.

And in the first Kingdom Hearts game, we defeated the Heartless Ansem, not the true Ansem.

Last edited:

Zexionia

Summary so far..

Sora continues his journey coming to the entrance to Castle Oblivion and its met by Marluxia and is told something like "there is something u need in the furture but u must give something up for it first" so Sora enters Castle Oblivion and slowly loses his memory of almost everything.
On the other hand Riku also enters Castle Oblivion and becuase of the darkness in his heart (Ansems darkness) Ansem is reborn and isn't defeated until the end of the game and on his journy through Oblivion he is met by the King and yada yada ya the loose their memories
Sora gets to the top of Oblivion (which if im right Marluxia, Axel, Zexion, Vexen, and that chick with the crazy claws are rebelling against the organization if im right) and defeats Marluxia
Namine says she will restore Sora's and Co. memories but it will take time and this the end of the game with the pod scene..

right?

Ralyn

Yeah, that's pretty much the jist of it, but Ansem isn't reborn; a fragment of his former self, the heartless, will always remain within Riku's heart. Only illusions of Ansem were seen by Riku, which was DiZ's doing.

Nobody Master

I havn't played it either, so mabye I'll watch Scmoopy's video... 3 hours though... I'll have to wait for the weekend, methinks...

D

Deleted member 36435

KH:CoM wasn't that good. It was just made for some extra money. The gaps could be easily explained in about 5 minutes of cutscenes in KHII.
The only thing could about CoM was the strategy involved in combat...

Ralyn

Also, they give you a glimpse of what happened in Chain of Memories at the beginning of KH2 in the opening video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back