• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Suggestions/Opinions Needed (for declaring either a second major or a minor)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Basically, I'm a 2nd year Mechanical Engineering student, and I'm looking to declare either a second major or a minor to go along with it. Would anyone (perhaps college alumni who may already be in the field) have any possible suggestions? A lot of people at my school like to minor in Applied Mathematics, but it just seems kinda redundant to me since an engineering degree would already imply that the graduate knows a thing or two about math. Two other minors I've considered are Materials Engineering and Computer Science. I really don't know anything about the former, but for MechEng people, the minor would only require 3 extra classes because the other two are already required for the major at my school. On the other hand, CS would probably enable me to have an easier time going into robotics or electronics. I guess Electrical Engineering would be an even better option for that, but it's not offered as a minor where I go, unfortunately. That said, I could do it as a double major, but the idea sounds really intimidating (especially considering that I despise E & M Physics, lol.) Idk. Any thoughts? I'm open to ideas separate from the ones I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back