• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Street Rat {a literate RP of Arabian nights}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartofTwilight

My first RP. I thought we needed to remember the other half of KH, Disney, so here we go. Enjoy

.Street Rat. {a literate RP of Arabian nights}

Arabian nights
'Neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
Could fall and fall hard
Out there on the dunes

Ah, Salaam and good evening to you worthy friend...
Arabia, a world of desert, ruins and oases, of scattered villages and nomadic tents. Then the a city rose in the center of this world. It was a city of mystery and enchantment and it drawn together the large and immense world of Arabia. The city and its sultans brought prosperity and trade, an economy, a society. Agrabah changed the world of Arabia so much, that the world took on the cities name. This diverse city is made up of everything from aristocratic mansions to back alleyways and illegal pawn shops.

The streets of Agrabah are never truly sleeping. During the day they bustle with vendors, customers, street performers and the occasional holy man or prostitute. Royal guards find their way around the cloth covered booths, staring suspiciously at all as they pass. The old fortune teller pushes her cart of magic charms from corner to corner. As the sun sets, the night life begins. The cities roof top restaurants open to the wealthy, offering a candle-lit romance. Black market sellers seem to come out of the wall. Swindlers and men for hire wait until early hours for a job. And then there are always the Street Rats. Children mainly who live off petty theft and cheep jobs, homeless and living together.

Yes, you, Street Rat!

You would think that with a Street Rat running the city as sultan life would be easier for the street children of Agrabah. Aladdin had been a hero to many of us growing up. As he grew he didn't find a low paying, degrading job, he stuck to what he did best, and that was to be a street rat. A few of us met him once or twice, maybe more. We all hoped that his marriage to Princess Jasmine would mark a new golden age for us. He even has a magic genie to poof up food whenever we need it. But the dust of Agrabah's poor streets doesn't seem to reach the new Sultan.

Occasionally the Genie comes by and poofs up some food and toys for the younger ones, but he doesn't come by all that often. The visits seem to be getting sparser, but none of us know for sure. The older kids got mad, really mad. It seems Aladdin forgot who we are, who he is.

Don't get me wrong. Things are much better than they were. The punishment for theft went down, and when the Sultan is in the area, the guards don't lay a finger on us. He visited the lair once, a long time ago. He told us that he wanted to take us all to live in the palace. We were so exited for that brief second. Just the thoughts of the food could make a mouth water. But the excitement was short lived. Aladdin told us that the palace staff and advisers would not have it. To his credit he seemed genuinely sorry. Apparently even the Sultan can't do anything...
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Salam, welcome to the life of a Street Rat. This is about survival, relationships, emotion, logic and tact. All of us rats were born and raised somewhere in the city or on the outskirts. None of us are Aladdin's kids or family, that we know of, otherwise, you think we'd be living out here and not in the palace walls? Also, we each have our skills, no one can do everything, that is why we live together. Sometimes, we get together and talk about what it would be like to fly or control time or fire, but we can't.

Ah, I almost forgot. You are probably wondering about that strange boy with the funny clothes and hair with the key. What was his name? Ah, Sora, I think. He showed up after the black creatures and the other monsters and then, after he left, they were gone. We are all eternally thankful to him. It would have been nice to know him, but none of us do, a few of us had short conversations, a few lines at most. I have heard he is from another world, but I don't believe such things.

RULES
1.LITERACY. Please. Post in two, more if possible, paragraphs. Spelling and grammar are your friend. I don't expect a novel or perfect posts, just show that you really are trying.
2.God-modding and powerplaying is NOT allowed. God-modding is a personal pet peeve of mine. Please keep your character mortal. Remember you are a street kid. Please.
3.Romance is ok, as long as it doesn't exceed PG-13. Remember there are children in this RP
4.Cursing is OK by me, but use other words to. Don't over do it.
5. No killing off other characters. Ok it with me before killing off your own.
6.If you want to be related to other characters, cool with me, okay it with them.
7.No, you can't have a Keyblade, be from other worlds, have powers, be of royal blood, be related to Aladdin or any KH character. As far as other worlds go, some of shishkabab you may have theories about it.
8.Please stay active. I am not perfect at this, few people are, but try. If you can't be on for a while and you know in advance, let us know. Don't machine gun post either. Give all a chance.
9.Try to keep the OOC posting to a minimum. Save that for the PMs
10. Please wait to be accepted before starting.
11.There is a random word in the rules somewhere. Find it. That is the password.
12.Oh, and have fun, if you want....

Template
Name: {{you are from Arabia, just remember that. As far as last names go, some may know thier's, others may have made up their own first name.}}
Age: {{8-16 give me a range please. Remember though that the ages shape the hierarchy of the group, though playing a younger kid can be fun.}}
Gender: {{there are only two excepted answers for this role play. Give it your best guess.}}
Appearance: {{Not many pictures out there for these characters. You may use one, but describe it too.}}
Personality: {{What are you like. Give it a real effort}}
Bio: {{No need to write a novel. You are only a child, but living on the streets there are things to tell. Tell us how you got on the street, if you remember. You know what, tell us anyway. If you don't remember or don't tell, write it anyway}}
Skills and Weaknesses:{{just one or two are needed, show you are human}}
Weapon: {{Optional, be realistic. You may want one. You may want a laser but you can't have one.}}
Pet: {{This is an option, seeing as Aladdin had Abu, but please don't all choose it. There are also ramifications. You have to feed your pet.}}
Other: {{This is where you tell things that are fun but not really important like quotes and theme songs}}

Notes: This takes place in Arabia, and I have used Arabic and mentioned holy men. While names may be Islamic as well as Arabic, please keep all region and/or prejudice out of this. There is no Jihad nor are we mentioning infidels, Allah or the Prophet Mohammad. Religion is ok in small amounts, but keep it non specific .Get it, got it, good.

This is a Disney based RP, obviously but that does not mean it needs to be a Disney rated RP. Feel free to use a knife or if you need to, do something off-tone for money.

Last edited:

HeartofTwilight

Name: Kadija
Appearance: Kadija is a pretty girl. Not the prettiest but pretty none the less. She is small in stature, no more than 4'10 or so and always looks thin, though her stomach is tight and muscular. He skin, like many in the area is a beautiful bronze, a little darker on the tops of her arms and her feet. She has long black hair, down near the bottom of her back. She generally ties it up in a pony tail half way up the back of her head. When relaxing, she keeps it down. Her eyes are deep and black. If you look closly you may see her true nature buried in the black pupils. She has a small nose which she thinks is very pretty, and rose red lips. Her clear skin is obstructed only by a scar she has across her left cheek. In truth, Kadija doesn't know where she got it.

As far as clothes go, she had nothing fancy at all. All her clothes are rather ragged and have been patched a few times. She had a V-neck tan shirt that looks like it was made from a wrap sewn together. She wears dark brown shorts with a darker brown knee-length skirt over it. She has a rope always tied around her waist. Cheap leather sandals are all she has on her feet. From so much work with her hands, Kadija wraps them in white cloth to protect any cuts.

Personality: Kaija's personality is split. The girl everyone knows and the girl behind the mask. Kadija seems to be more on the laid back side of the spectrum. She jokes around, talks sarcastically, and doesn't appear to want to give the effort required to think deeply or seriously about anything. She is friendly and often is the one to make the off-comment that lightens the mood. Her attitude can sometimes be taken as foolish or disrespectful. Kadija outside of of mask seems social and upbeat. Despite this, it is hard to really get close to her.

That is because the Kadija that people see is not the one that she keeps hidden by the mask of a cool outward persona. She has been through a lot, and she knows the the brevity of the situation all the kids are in. She may not seem it, but in truth, Kadija is very smart and tactful. This hidden personality is much darker, bitter, and cynical. She can even be cruel. When he mask is lowered, the social side of Kadija vanishes and a more introverted, scarred girl emerges. Few have seen her with her mask down. In fights sometimes her true nature comes through. When there is a dire need, somethings the real Kadija peaks out. But grief and pain only push her further behind the mask. ((Personality based on my favorite portrayal of Demyx I ever read))

Bio: Kadija's family was poor and living in a lived in a small village right outside the city. There were already two healthy sons, well as healthy as one so poor could manage. They would grow to be strong helpers, bring in a wife with a dowry. The elder already showed signs of a promising craftsman, like his father. They had hoped that with the third child they would be blessed with a third healthy baby boy. But that was not to be. Kadija, as her name means, was born early. A small weak looking baby, and a girl.

Her father tore his clothes and asked the heavens what he had done. Her mother tried to shield the baby from it. Perhaps somewhere in her mind Kadija still remembers that day. Because it was sinful to kill the child, her father consented to raising her until she no longer needed her mother. At age 3 and a half, at night, her father took the toddler into the city. At night you can find what he was looking for. Men who bought children to raise to work, or sell. Without the child, he returned and prayed for forgiveness. There was no way the family could have kept her.

She was kept in a cage with many others. Many sick or dying of hunger and thirst. The man who kept them was harsh, he beat the children until they got the task right. They younger ones, like Kadija were treated a little better, if he thought they would make it. By age five, the children could be sold as laborer. Thus is the way in Agrabah. At age five, Kadija was hit so hard she wanted to cry. But she did not. For a a year longer she did not. Then she could take it no longer. She wanted to live, so she ran. She ran and found the other children. They did not search long. A runty girl like her was not worth much anyway.

Since then she has lived with the children, doing her part, trying to survive.

Skills and Weaknesses: Kadija is skilled at a few things when she puts her mind to it. Like her father that she hardly knew, she is skilled with her hands and creating things out of what is seemingly nothing. With a few common items, she engineers quite clever things. Also, for a thief, being small has it's advantages. She is stelthy and swift, which comes in handy. Most of the time how ever she isn't motivated to go the extra step to do things. Also, when hurt, even if she can take the pain, Kadija tends to get weak easily.

Weapon: A small rusty dagger found on the streets after someone more fortunate discarded it for a shinier one. She also has a rope tied around her waist which can come in handy.

Pet: Saqr isn't so much a pet as a falcon that just started to hang around the lair one day. He seemed to take kindly to the children. On a joking dare, Kadija approached the falcon. He cocked he head and let her get really close before fluttering away. He returned soon. Kadija is far from a falconer and Saqr isn't exactly trained, but sometime he listens and sometime he brings a rat or two and is willing to share.
Other: nothing to say here....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back