• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stephanie Meyer's writing style/habits

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
If you look on her website ( StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series )
She says she listens to music while she writes her books to get a feel for what her charicters are going through, which that freaked me out because I do the exact same thing, and we listen to some of the same artists. So Istarted thinking, how many of you use music to write stories/ read stories, or even do something that normally doesn't require music?
So, um...discuss?

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
I listen to music while I draw, while I play tennis, while I jog, while I work out, while I do homework, even when I talk to people. It's a very central part of myself.

However, I've found that listening to music while I'm writing actually detracts from the overall quality of the final product. Like, listening to words while listening to words doesn't exactly help. It ends up screwing up my whole thought process and kind of kills the narrative.

That's my personal experience, at least.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I listen to music while I draw, while I play tennis, while I jog, while I work out, while I do homework, even when I talk to people. It's a very central part of myself.

However, I've found that listening to music while I'm writing actually detracts from the overall quality of the final product. Like, listening to words while listening to words doesn't exactly help. It ends up screwing up my whole thought process and kind of kills the narrative.

That's my personal experience, at least.

Same here. I can't concentrate completely on writing if there's music distracting me.

NIGHTMAREQUEEN

Music really inspires some people, for example I could be listening to music and suddenly have an idea going for something I want to draw or write, Music really kicks the imagination up a knotch, I'd just close my eyes and listen and be able to visualize something because music seems to be able to take you away for breif moments.

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
It's actually weird, I become more descriptive while I listen to music that relates to the story I'm writing. I just recently started and I can see the difference. What I do is I sort of tune the sound out but I still listen, it's complicated. I think it's because I get so wrapped up in my charicters world that nothing really distracts me. And I actually find it very hard to listen to music and read at the same time, that's the only thing I can't do with music playing (unless it's turned down very soft)

M

Miss Murder

When I write, I sometimes listen to classical music, and it really improves the final outcome of my work.

Especially Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven.

I don't normally listen to classical music, but when it calms my mind, helps me to focus on what I'm writing and thinking about, and doesn't distract me from it, it's very helpful.

imo, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back