• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Wars: This is the way

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
I still don't think Star Wars and Marvel belong in Kingdom Hearts. They both have too large a lore and history of their own and with narrative tones that kind of clash with what the non-original KH worlds go for with their whimsy. Additionally, as previously mentioned, the market with already really saturated with content both of those franchises. And doesn't EA have some kind of exclusivity deal when it comes to SW in games?

Looking back at the KH4 trailer a year later, I'm still not convinced that was an AT-ST that was glimpsed. I think the team baited fans, knowing they'd stir up controversy. I'd be more willing to bet that what was shown was actually a Gigas model that we haven't yet seen in full. A Gigas would actually make sense, given that the trailer seemingly takes place in and around the city in Quadratum. I don't think that trailer was looking to confirm Disney worlds or property presence, so a bait an switch with something else that already exists within KH is pretty smart.

If we have to get SW in KH4 or later, then I think the best point of adaptation right now would be to have Sora & co. partner up with Din and Grogu on some kind of episodic side quest that obviously includes Heartless or whatever other enemy type appearing on and attacking a singular SW world -- likely Tatooine. In terms of commercialization, doing the Mandalorian makes a lot of sense right now, although the OT is obviously iconic and would offer bigger battles. I think the scope of any of the movies is too large to capture as a single world in KH.

I think the best route to go would be just leaving easter eggs for SW and Marvel in KH... Cap's shield available to purchase for Goofy, or a secret battle with Vader that's reminiscent of Sephiroth in KH 1 & 2. That way, these monumental franchises could still have presence in KH and excite fans with either overshadowing the story of KH4 or further convoluting KH's own lore. To me, that's a win for everybody.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
A long time ago we had a similar discussion in the SW thread .

I proposed to go the Re:Coded route by having Sora and co. finding Jedi and Sith Holocrons across their gummi missions or regular adventure.

Like Pooh’s pages, the Holocrons would act as chapters for Sora to traverse the SW stories without worrying about canon.

Because remember an integral part of SW has always been:

“A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.”

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
And doesn't EA have some kind of exclusivity deal when it comes to SW in games?

That ended a while back. There are currently several new SW games in development by other studios, so I’m not surprised SE is trying to get in on the IP.

Looking back at the KH4 trailer a year later, I'm still not convinced that was an AT-ST that was glimpsed. I think the team baited fans, knowing they'd stir up controversy. I'd be more willing to bet that what was shown was actually a Gigas model that we haven't yet seen in full. A Gigas would actually make sense, given that the trailer seemingly takes place in and around the city in Quadratum. I don't think that trailer was looking to confirm Disney worlds or property presence, so a bait a switch with something else that already exists within KH is pretty smart.

If it’s not an AT-ST, they pretty blatantly ripped off the design. I know it’s just a foot, but that’s a really obscure thing to match up exactly by coincidence. Not to mention the world itself is incredibly similar to Battlefront’s version of Endor. It would honestly be weirder if this wasn’t Star Wars that we’re seeing at this point.

794C79E6-91A2-44C6-819A-2987B8E630E9.jpegCC783081-2AFC-4A44-A41B-5D36AD61F162.jpegC79D0A5A-56E8-4771-8ED7-A8BC1A1837FF.jpeg9D91D982-06AB-40B8-9A47-446AF9E7BFDC.jpeg

vaderskywalker

Awards
Hi, I’m here to make you all mad on a Wednesday morning/afternoon with a topic we all don’t want to talk about but are going to anyways because you’ll have to confront it in a year or whenever anyways.

Star Wars. The thing everybody and nobody wanted. It’s happening. We have to live with that fact.

What do you want from it? Are you hoping for a retelling of Return of the Jedi? Or something that is an original story in between films? Away from the Skywalker Saga? Sora crashing into Rey during The Rise of Skywalker? Sora meeting Grogu and going on an adventure with Mando? High Republic? The rumored stories that will take place beyond the Rim?

Please, throw your thoughts out there. We all need to come together as a people and bare our hearts out. Pass the rhetorical hammer around and speak the way.

Or idk you can complain about how much you hate that we are getting SW. I don’t care. Let’s just chat!
Sorry Im a bit late to the party, I just found this thread because it's been a busy month for me, anyway, I've been anticipating this since day one, and I am very exited.
Something in the aftermath of ROTJ could be cool, although it might mean we miss out on Vader/Palpatine fights. With the AT-ST seen in the trailer, likely on Endor and possibly abandoned for some time, I could see that being the general time period.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lucasfilm wants it be its own story similar to Toy Box and San Fransokyo vs. having the KH characters woven into an existing plot.
Well that would be a missed opportunity, it would be a cool Boss fight or 2.
it really should only involve the original trilogy because those are the films that Squaresoft was heavily, heavily inspired by, which is the thematic reason for star wars to be here in quadratum at all
I'm kind of on the fence on this one, but I do agree that it should be The Original Trilogy as the first option, love the prequels, and I like the sequels, but you can't beat the classics, it's just not done.
I seem to be the only one on this board that genuinely wanted SW. :( Ya'll a bunch of no fun allowed buzzkills.

My hot take is they should've gone with Phantom Menace for the "world". It had a larger variety of locations than any of the OT films and Maul better fits the fast paced combat of KH. You'd still get a space battle plus a pod race mini-game to boot.

Also, if Wasteland from EM were ever to be a world, it'd be kinda hilarious id Legends characters like the original Solo children were there.

A little late for that:

Vader does kinda lean more towards the slow, methodical, & imposing style. He'd have been perfect in KH1's combat system. Then again, in RotJ it's suppose to be a personal duel between father & son so maybe Sora doesn't even bother getting involved & goes after Sidious instead.

palpatine-vs-maul-palpatine.gif

Who's surprisingly the more agile of the 2 sith lords.
Nope, not the only one that wanted it, sorry, I had to qoute your entire post, my computer crashed, and I'm using my PS4 to to type, and there's no way to highlight certain phrases, sorry about that.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I'd love a Darth Vader boss, even if it's a Post-Game secret boss, that's been something I wanted since pre-KH3.

Maybe Sora could relearn the Gravity spell in the Star Wars world? KH1 Sora literally says "Force" lol.

Lightsaber Keyblade is a must.

Back