• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Ocean: Should i buy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackmageAp

Awards
Hey there people. Need some help. A lot of my friends are telling me that i should get this game. I want to know some of the qualities of this game since the internet ain't that helpful, and my friends are being stupid and say i have to buy the game.

eternal darkness

Don't buy it. If you whant my advice it sucks dude. The strory is no Final Fantasy. The graphic are okay but whats the big deal of that. I have it, passed it and it didn't motivate me not even a little. Anyway I will give it a 6/10 if you whant to just know on a scale of 1-10.

1WingedDemonCloud

NO!!!!!!! I BOUGHT IT WORST GAME EVER!!!!!! The begging is okay but than towards the 2nd disk its STUPID!!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY

Kira Haro

Unknown
*Set's 1WingedDemonCloud on fire*

How dare you!

Listen, SO's fighting engine is extremely addicting and happens to be the only good shining part of the game.
(That and some of the most awesome battle music you will ever hear on this planet)

The story, as everyone else has exclaimed, is 3rd rate.
Everything else is superb:3

Characters- 9/10
Graphics -10/10
Music - 15/10
Story- 6/10
Battle- 20/10

Replay value- Very high
Secret endings- Yes
Different endings for the game- Yes
Unlockable Vs. Mode- Yes
Unlockable costumes for vs mode- Yes

3 Difficulty settings.

End statement- Battling will rock your world.

Anti-Light2b

Star Ocean will last you along time and you will not get bored. Once you become involved into the story you wouldnt even want to go use the bathroom. Its so enthralling.

Funky Bear

Sexy Chocolate
*Gives Anti-light 2b a hand five*
Damn straight! This game is very very magnifico it is so addicting that you,ll want to play it again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, ahain, again, and again!

(Takes a deep breath)

Anti-Light2b

PREACH PREACH,, With two opinions like this how can u NOT buy it, unless you
are a enemy of Square Enix in which u need to burn. lol

BlackmageAp

Awards
So then you can actually do that?!!?!? GOD ALMIGHTY HAS GRANTED MY FINAL WISH!! I've been waiting for a game that lets you do that. Can anyone tell me the basic storyline? Or just any other positive facts.

Kira Haro

Unknown
Science fiction; divine dignation; world-meddling (Yes, the thing Sora and co. tried to prevent in KH), death.

^ Positive facts.

You'll have to play the game for yourself to find out.

Wow, now i heard that when you are fighting, A, you can move your character and B, you can switch to your allies. Is this true?

Yes, the battles are in real-time, moving around in a huge 3d-platform where you can move wherever you want to. and you can switch out of your characters ( out of three active ones only) in less than a second, or the time it takes you to blink.

Kira Haro

Unknown
If you've ever played Xenosaga Episode 1 ( Episode 2 due out in two weeks), it has a database holding information over every person, place, thing, object, idea, conflict, race, or action.

Some non-important NPC's don't show up on it, however.
So no, you can't look up information on some random store-owner in a village you come across.

(A majority of Star-Ocean is set in a 17th century planet named Elicore 2. )

Some other random things:

+Item creation option available in the game so you can make something out of nothing, or power-up your weapons/ accesories to be powerful.

+ A roster (party) of 8 characters.

+ Ability to go past level 100 and go into level 200 for your characters.

+ Crazy special abilities battle feature

+ Symbology (Magic)

+ Two discs long

+ Some mind plot twisters

starry_eyed_hero

BlackmageAp said:
Wow, so this is the first PS2 two game to have two disks isn't it? Well, i deffinatly think that i'll be getting this game.
I believe it is the first, however I could be wrong. It's the first 2-disc PS2 game that I've heard of, then again, I'm more of an Xbox fan than a PS2 fan, so it's very possible that I'm wrong.

p.s. Star Ocean does kick ass. Buy it. I think Star Ocean has the second greatest battle system ever seen in an RPG.(the #1 greatest is and always will be Kingdom Hearts)

J

jackskelington

Star Ocean is so stupid dont buy it.unless you like cut scenes that are more like miniture boring movies.The thought of buying items for super high prices with almost no money is stupid.I have the strategy guide and it is still super hard and confusing. IF YOU R LOOKING FOR A GOOD RPG GET SHADOW HEARTS 2 IS STORY WILL TAKE YOU AND NOT LET YOU GO AND THE BATTLE ENGINE IS AMAZING.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i have no idea..i wanted to buy it this one time but this guy refused to get it down for me (it was on the top shelf) and kept saying that it was bad and im thinking "DUDE!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" i want that game still...but at least i got ssbm and .hack infection ^^

Funky Bear

Sexy Chocolate
*burns Jack skellington* LOL OOOh! I found it! here's the summary of the game I found http://www.square-enix.com/sei/index.htm

Here it is:Twelve heroes thwarted the Ten Wise Men’s plot to destroy the universe. Four hundred years have since passed…

The date is SD 772. The Pangalactic Federation is at the zenith of its might with unparalleled power in the universe. Having already explored one third of the Milky Way, the Federation continues research in its insatiable quest for even more power. The young Earthling Fayt Leingod and his family visit Hyda, a resort planet in the Pangalactic Federation. His parents, Robert and Ryoko, lead busy lives as premier authorities on symbological genetics. With their first extended break in some time, they have decided to take a family trip. Fayt is far from enthusiastic, but his childhood friend Sophia Esteed pesters him into going along. Despite his complaints, Fayt enjoys the trip in his own way; it gives him the chance to escape his studies and play battle simulator games to his heart’s content. Fayt strolls around the hotel and plays the battle simulator with Sophia while his parents relax on the beach. This tranquility is abruptly shattered when an unknown military space force attacks Hyda. The assault leaves buildings destroyed and the resort’s natural surroundings in ruin. Amidst the chaos, Fayt
attempts to escape with Sophia and the other resort guests
to an emergency shelter, joining his parents along the way.
But even their escape route falls under attack. Fayt
manages to reach the shelter, but he is separated
from his parents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back