• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Man

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aullen

I was listening to the song Scorching Desert from the FFX OST and this just popped into my head. The scene is like this: A young girl (13ish) with brwn hair wakes up in a desert. It's not known why she's there, the only thing that's certain is that she's not used to being in such an extreme place as a desert. She doesn't get up; she just lays there dazed with look in her eyes like she hasn't fully woken up yet. There's an adult (28ish) man sitting near her with flaming red hair and his back turned towards her. He's just watching the desert, but somehow he knows that she's awake and says:
"The hot sun forever presses down upon this dry land by day. And by night, we face a new threat: a sinister, all consuming cold. It's as if every night Death's subtle grip descends upon us with the shade.
'Why then, do people dwell here,' you ask?
In the cities and towns everyone's fine. Alone out here though, traveling with only the company of swirling mirages and the heat, one can go mad. Still, no matter what, if you only stay here in the desert -
whether in the towns, dunes, or both - you'll begin to develope a sense of "here" and "there". What I mean is, you'll start to think of it as here in the desert and there outside the desert. Wherever you are, if you begin to think of a place as "here where I am" you unknowingly make that place your home.
One day you'll wake up and go about your own way because you've been here long enough to fall into a routine, and suddenly you'll realize this isn't just where you are anymore - it's your home. I guess it's like that anywhere. Even out here in the desert homes can be made."

Note* Comment please I want feedback.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back