• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix or Disney?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sili~*

Website
khfanforall.deviantart.com
Okay.... We ALL know that Square Enix and Disney teamed up on making Kingdom Hearts, right? Well I have a question about how the characters are... "sorted"....
Is Sora a:
Square Enix
Disney
...Character, or is he both??????
We know that donald is a Disney character, right? Right. But...just look at him. NO SAILOR SUIT. his outfit is all blue and zippers. (no offence).
Donald: Okay.
.... I think the donald that we know from disney is just the the "blueprint" to the "new" Donald.........
Think about it.

Oathshadow

Unfortunately, Sora is an officially owned Disney character, but cannot be used outside the KH universe. At least, that's what I'm aware of. Ansem, Riku, Kairi, and Sora are all technically Disney characters. Of all the characters Disney let Square use in the game, Donald and Goofy were the only ones that could be elaborated on. The reason Mickey barely appeared was because Disney freaked out about him appearing in it.
So SE had its way with characters it created that now belong to Disney, and some characters they were allowed more rights to. Stupid disney.:mad:

Duckboy

Website
www.likeathousandwords.com
Well they're owned by both Disney and Sqaure. But Disney has pretty much full rights over these characters (That weren't in the FF games allready) from what I understand. And Disney doesn't exactly loosen the leash if you know what I mean.

Duckboy

Website
www.likeathousandwords.com
KingBlade said:
Are you sure he is owned by disney?I heard Square owned him.I think is maybe both?

Square AND Disney own him.
The thing is, Disney is Disney. They aren't going to allow Sora to be used in other games besides KH.

However, Disney is (eventually) going to milk the series for all it's worth. Toys, movies, tv shows, you name it.

I'm a little suprised they haven't gone that far yet.

LIAR LIAR

All Disney cares about is the money. x__X;

Omg, if they do milk the serious like Duckboy says, and if some stuff is made in Japan,then comes to America, its gonna be another One Peice. omgomgomg *head explodes*

Twilight Hero

Hikari.No.Endo said:
All Disney cares about is the money. x__X;

Omg, if they do milk the serious like Duckboy says, and if some stuff is made in Japan,then comes to America, its gonna be another One Peice. omgomgomg *head explodes*

Are you saying that Disney only cares about the money and Square-Enix doesn't? Square Enix has been coming out with FInal Fantasy games almost every other to every two years!!! That's milking a series. I know it's not a continuing saga, but it's a series. Plus they add an anime, two cartoon movies, a CG hollywood flopp, AND now theyr'e coming out with a new CG film finally! DIsney makes classic films that people grow up remembering for families to watch together.

Tsuki-chan

つきこ
Awards
twilight hero to disney is goin down a little more. these past few films that hav been comin out not as great as before. like bambi it sucked. and home on the range too. any ways square seems to be workin more on this then disney. because it took 12 years to make kh and this is like 3 years they been workin kh2.

LIAR LIAR

Twilight Hero said:
Are you saying that Disney only cares about the money and Square-Enix doesn't? Square Enix has been coming out with FInal Fantasy games almost every other to every two years!!! That's milking a series. I know it's not a continuing saga, but it's a series. Plus they add an anime, two cartoon movies, a CG hollywood flopp, AND now theyr'e coming out with a new CG film finally! DIsney makes classic films that people grow up remembering for families to watch together.
Of course they both care about the money. doesn't everybody. i think what i was trying to say is that, while Disney is supposed to be all family-ish, that was 50 years ago when Walt Disney was still around. now all the movies suck because all they think about is ways to make more money. i haven't seen a good Disney movie since i was 6.

DJFirewolf

Nomura has said that he unfortunately doesn't own Sora, though he's his favorite character created by him. I think it goes for all the original characters in the KH universe. He also said that if we see Sora and company in something other than KH, that he has nothing to do with it, so the occurence of that happening is apparently possible.

Rose of Irony

tsukiusagimochi said:
twilight hero to disney is goin down a little more. these past few films that hav been comin out not as great as before. like bambi it sucked. and home on the range too. any ways square seems to be workin more on this then disney. because it took 12 years to make kh and this is like 3 years they been workin kh2.
12 years on KH? Riiiiiiiiiiight. Final Fantasy VII was released in 1997 (that was 8 years ago). You're telling me that before Square Enix even got its jump start with the FF-like games, Disney and SE were collaborating? BS.

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
dont they both own him? it doesnt matter because i cant picture sora,r iku, or anyone else in another game besides KH

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
due to it being made by both SE & Disney his owned by both of them, not one over the other unless square has rights to all non disney charachters in the game

dreamless

Website
www.khguides.com
Through my knowledge of Walt Disney (the person, not the company). If he were still alive, Kingdom Hearts wouldn't have been made because he wouldn't want Donald and Goofy and others in a combat environment. The more violent cartoon production started after Walt died and Roy and Eisenhower owned the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back