• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILERS] The theory to end all theories :D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHplaya

So after reading the newest trailer description, I believe I finally have this game worked out! This will be a wild ride guys, so hang on tight!

Alright so based off of the worlds revealed so far, we have La Cite des Cloches, Pranksters Paradise, Country of the Musketeers, and the unnamed tron: Legacy world. The story is comprised mostly of Sora and Riku traveling to a third realm (like the realm of light and darkness): The realm of Sleep. Yen Sid explains to them that they must go and free the worlds from sleep, and by doing so they will return the worlds to their proper place in the RoL.

In reality, the RoS should not even exist. It is very similar to a "Traverse Town": A mismatch of various worlds and characters that have been seemingly forgotten. Yen sid explained that sometimes when a world is freed from the darkness it either becomes forgotten and falls into sleep, or only certain parts of it actually make it to the RoL. So how does that fit into the worlds released so far

Traverse Town: Theres a reason why no other official game (Not CoM because of the cards) has had TT as a world, and it is because that at the end of KH1 all of the inhabitants of the world go back to their true homes, leaving it to slowly be forgotten and to fall into a deep slumber. Now in the RoS, it serves as the home to wayward people of the realm, like the cast of TWEWY.

La Cite Des Cloches: Here, much like TT, is a world that after being released from darkness at the end of KH1 became entirely forgotten, and it entered the RoS. Here the people are living much as they would in the RoL; it is a real-life dream. Should it be freed and return to the RoL, the people would most-likely continue living on as if nothing has happened. Dreams are a reality.

Prankster's Paradise: This is where it gets interesting. As Yen Sid said, some worlds return to the RoL incomplete. Let me give the breakdown of the timeline of PP (yes, time...interesting...):
1. Geppeto (spelling) and pinochio are living happily in PP. Then he travels to the circus and the events of the movie start to play out (sorry, havnt seen this one in a long time, details are hazy)
2. Monstro eats gepetto and pinochio as the world begins to fall into darkness. The whale is able to escape into the depths of space.
3. the two eventually are rescued and return to traverse town.
4. Once PP is revived at the end of KH, they leave and go back to their home.

Now how does this fit into DDD? Well some worlds return incomplete. I will bet money on the memories of the world before its destruction were left behind. thus, although they returned home at the end of the KH, they probably had only faint memories of the place. All of the past memories are still stuck in the RoS.

Now when Sora and Riku travel here, they encounter past versions of the movie characters, as this "dream bubble" is stuck in the past (because they are the in the memories of the world). By unlocking the keyhole, the memories of the world will return to the characters. In the RoL, the real characters will now suddenly have memories of Sora and Riku being in the past.

Phew...

Country of the Musketeers: This is a similar scenario to PP. The very distant past (and I am assuming that the disney characters dont really age), when they were still in colonial "disney", was left behind when the "Disney" world emerged from the darkness at some point in the past. By restoring it, the characters will remember sora and riku from waay back in time.

City of Illumination (?): Now here your all probably wondering, "how does this fit in?" how does a more advanced version of the tron world exist in the RoS? Well...
its not in the RoS :D
Nomura did say that only part of the game would take place during the MoM test, which in turn is only happening in the RoS. So I believe this is one of the worlds that you go to that is not sleeping. Just a standard world here.

Ok now that I have gotten most of this theory out of the way...one common occurance kept popping up when discussing these dream bubbles: Time.
2 worlds we know of now are taking place in past. And now sora and riku will be in a way reuniting the past with the present. I see this as one of the most opportune moments for the mysterious figure to appear. Its already known that they revolve around time, and in a game with so many time elements...it seems natural to be here.

So this theory was merely meant to break down and make sense of all of the seemingly random worlds and scenarios that are taking place. Obviously this is not confirmed, as it is a theory, so take it with a grain of salt. It is still a mystery to me however how all of these past characters will be returning, but thats for another day I suppose.

So tell me what you think! :D

Last edited:

Keystaff Master

Your theory seems reasonable enough in my eyes, my only input:

1.) Characters like Mickey (and others) possibly WON'T remember Sora. Their worlds are asleep and supposedly "dreaming" right? I have a feeling that Mickey and such suddenly remembering Sora and Riku from YEARS prior would be a little odd story-wise. So, how often do you remember your dreams clearly? It would be a perfect way to do reintroductions for new characters in KH3 (if new worlds return) and to avoid just more messiness on the story as a whole's part.

2.) I don't think the Tron: Legacy world has to be related to Space Paranoids in Radiant Garden. Tron said that his Space Paranoids was a copy of the original system, the one we see in 3D could easily be the original which has since progressed in time, no?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No. The Grid is its own program. It is not the original ENCOM program and has no relation to the Space Paranoids program in RG.

In Tron: Legacy, Flynn built the Grid himself, removed Tron from ENCOM's system, and placed him on the Grid.

KHplaya

Ah that movie was confusing for me. I was not aware that they were two separate areas...hmm i guess its up in the air again for this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back