• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Spoiler) So, who thinks the final battle sucked?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan123

The final battle with Riku had so much more potential. Instead it was just a typical battle on the ground. I was expecting some crazy stuff, like maybe reaction commands or playable reaction command cutscenes. Maybe a button mashing minigame, I don't know. I think the part from deep dive (running up the memory skyscraper) should have been playable with reaction commands. I also think the main battle after that should have been crazier, faster paced, maybe slightly airborne. It was just too bland.

For some reason I think Days should have been on Ps2(or 3). Its cool on DS, with multiplayer and stuff, but some of the battles, the final battle being a perfect example, could have been so much more epic

Last edited by a moderator:
Awards
Re: So, who thinks the final battle sucked?

I'll agree that Riku is a pretty underwhelming follow up to Xion. They should have had Rikunort vs dual wielding Roxas.

But, reaction commands? There were none in this game, no need to introduce them now.

For some reason I think Days should have been on Ps2(or 3). Its cool on DS, with multiplayer and stuff, but some of the battles, the final battle being a perfect example, could have been so much more epic

No.

Lolita

Dear You

Sort of. I say the Xion battle was more for a last boss battle of the game, with all the stages and strength, Riku was underwhelming, yes.

And dear god no for your last sentence.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org

To me it's more or less like Crisis Core's ending, with Xion as the True Final Boss and Riku as the "fated" battle that we knew would happen since the beginning.

Evan123

I didn't realize everyone here took everything so seriously, damn. (Referring to the Ps2 comment) So, I guess, despite it being perfectly fine on the DS, I guess that also makes it more epic. I mean, after all, the DS has better graphics and effects than the Ps2, right? That's all I was talking about. Nobody needs to freak out <_<

A

Azrael

As someone else stated, it's like Crisis Core in that the super awesome boss Genesis (Xion) gets killed but you get involved in a battle you CAN NOT win againist Shin-Ra (Rikunort)

canito_q

The final battle with Riku had so much more potential. Instead it was just a typical battle on the ground. I was expecting some crazy stuff, like maybe reaction commands or playable reaction command cutscenes. Maybe a button mashing minigame, I don't know. I think the part from deep dive (running up the memory skyscraper) should have been playable with reaction commands. I also think the main battle after that should have been crazier, faster paced, maybe slightly airborne. It was just too bland.

Have YOU beaten the game?

If you have only seen it in videos... well, there's always the No Damage/Limit/Magic/lvl1/CM, isn't there?

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner

Have YOU beaten the game?

If you have only seen it in videos... well, there's always the No Damage/Limit/Magic/lvl1/CM, isn't there?

Ahem... Have you?

Something tells me you haven't.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice

To me it's more or less like Crisis Core's ending, with Xion as the True Final Boss and Riku as the "fated" battle that we knew would happen since the beginning.

couldn't have put it better myself.

Still, though. The mere fact that you go toe to toe with Xion put me in shock. And the circumstances made me wonder about a certain member's sources.....

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

As someone else stated, it's like Crisis Core in that the super awesome boss Genesis (Xion) gets killed but you get involved in a battle you CAN NOT win againist Shin-Ra (Rikunort)

...something telling me that despite Days being an actual good KH game, it has been going through the cliff notes of Crisis Core, what with the final battle and the mission mode.

At least Days actually done the mission mode better. God, it was hugely repetitive in CC -_-

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I also (like the others) don't think that final boss being weak (from what I saw) is a good enough excuse for the game to be on the PS2/ 3. Sure, maybe a remake (ala Re: CoM) for the PS3 might be cool and all, but I really don't see a point and as for the PS2, it's already been said that there will be no more KHs for that system, so if anything will be ported or remade, it'll definitely be for the PS3. However, I feel that KH3 will end up being the first KH for the PS3 and besides, it wouldn't feel right if it wasn't be first, not something like Days, BBS, or Coded.. or their remakes, not that they're any less significant.

As for the battle, I personally think that more playability could of been added, but ultimately, I personally think that it should of ended (gameplay-wise) with Xion and not Riku. The battle makes far more sense as the final one and is even in the proper format.. sort of.. though 2-4 (the "2" is in reference to the original CoM, mind you..) makes the battle far shorter than KH1 and KH2's final battles.

A

Azrael

...something telling me that despite Days being an actual good KH game, it has been going through the cliff notes of Crisis Core, what with the final battle and the mission mode.

At least Days actually done the mission mode better. God, it was hugely repetitive in CC -_-

And that joint was on the PSP, this surpassed it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back