• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► Something to consider about J. K. Rowling

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku21Terr

Awards
May I just say that the following makes me really happy indeed! :) Whether you are a teacher yourself or just any other person, you should always truly help people think critically! Needless to say, this kind of thing needs to be constantly spread, because it always truly makes the difference between what is truly Right and wrong no matter what no matter how otherwise it may seem

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
May I just say that the following makes me really happy indeed! :) Whether you are a teacher yourself or just any other person, you should always truly help people think critically! Needless to say, this kind of thing needs to be constantly spread, because it always truly makes the difference between what is truly Right and wrong no matter what no matter how otherwise it may seem

https://www.dailywire.com/news/utterly-brilliant-viral-video-shows-the-moment-student-realizes-his-claim-of-j-k-rowlings-bigotry-is-unfounded
Link doesn't work and even if it did that doesn't excuse the other scummy things that she has done along the way like portraying negative stereotypes and racism.

I'm going to assume you're a bot, but I could be wrong. Regardless Rowling's always going to be a problematic WASP coasting on her success and taking up colossal spaces in bookstores that could go to other authors.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
God, this is one step below "Lib OWNED with FACTS and LOGIC".

Riku21Terr

Awards
wrong. Regardless
Link is fixed, and what’s your problem? Can you not handle these kinds of things? Do you just want kindergarten level books on the shelf because it’s too much for you and others? Are we supposed to just read Caillou, The littlest elf,Franklin, the Bernstein bears, Clifford For the rest of our lives because babies like you can’t take serious and mature things like that? Maybe you shouldn’t even be on the Internet, because it’s full of racism, Negative stereotypes and discrimination, EH?
God, this is one step below "Lib OWNED with FACTS and LOGIC".
How so? Just because you don’t agree with it does not mean that it is wrong, EH?

WaltK

Awards
I'm thoroughly convinced that video is staged.

Like, the way the kid's opinion is so easily changed by reading just one of her many, many, many, many tweets, without even bothering to look any further… oh sweet summer child, the world is gonna walk all over you if this is genuine.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Link is fixed, and what’s your problem? Can you not handle these kinds of things? Do you just want kindergarten level books on the shelf because it’s too much for you and others? Are we supposed to just read Caillou, The littlest elf,Franklin, the Bernstein bears, Clifford For the rest of our lives because babies like you can’t take serious and mature things like that? Maybe you shouldn’t even be on the Internet, because it’s full of racism, Negative stereotypes and discrimination, EH?

How so? Just because you don’t agree with it does not mean that it is wrong, EH?
This is such an... internet way to talk. Oh, you disagree with me? You must only like kindergarten books!

This is performance. Neither this sort or video or this kind of post is designed to convince anyone. It's designed to get people who already agree with you to nod their head along. It's incredibly tired.

Riku21Terr

Awards
I'm thoroughly convinced that video is staged.

Like, the way the kid's opinion is so easily changed by reading just one of her many, many, many, many tweets, without even bothering to look any further… oh sweet summer child, the world is gonna walk all over you if this is genuine.
But please keep in mind that the teacher in question already knows about the rest of her many many tweets, and singling us out, because more than maybe, the rest of her tweets are of this kind of thing, and she’s proving to the student that regardless of how many you read, all it really takes his critical thinking, and the results more than likely you’re going to be exactly the same, again regardless of how many there are
This is such an... internet way to talk. Oh, you disagree with me? You must only like kindergarten books!

This is performance. Neither this sort or video or this kind of post is designed to convince anyone. It's designed to get people who already agree with you to nod their head along. It's incredibly tired.
This is a direct reaction to what was stated to me. It definitely goes about saying, that if you can’t handle this kind of thing, then what kind of thing can you handle? Because there’s tons and tons of books, including practically literally everything that’s not kindergarten level books that deal this kind of thing. Does that mean we just ban and don’t consume them? Because that’s the vibe that I’m getting from this post here, and well, We are on the Internet after all, so this kind of thing is merely the nature of the beast, EH?

Riku21Terr

Awards
I wasn't aware the definition of critical thinking was "ignoring literally every piece of evidence".
How the heck are they ignoring literally every piece of evidence? Like I just said, more than chances are that every piece fabulous essentially leads to the exact same kind of thing, regardless of how different They may be. To reiterate, if you can think critically about this particular piece of evidence, then chances are the rest of those similar kinds of evidence may very well be the exact same thing, even if they’re not necessarily guaranteed to be so and regardless of how different they may be

WaltK

Awards
How the heck are they ignoring literally every piece of evidence? Like I just said, more than chances are that every piece fabulous essentially leads to the exact same kind of thing, regardless of how different They may be. To reiterate, if you can think critically about this particular piece of evidence, then chances are the rest of those similar kinds of evidence may very well be the exact same thing, even if they’re not necessarily guaranteed to be so and regardless of how different they may be
She liked a tweet that called trans women "men in dresses". She mocked a trans woman with a beard by calling her a "Stonewall-approved lesbian". She promoted an online store that sells shirts, badges and stuff that bear such phrases as "fuck your pronouns". She was* friends with a WRA who called trans women "blackface actors". She said she would happily "go to prison" for misgendering someone.

…but I'm sure these are just harmless misunderstands.

*she died

Riku21Terr

Awards
She liked a tweet that called trans women "men in dresses". She mocked a trans woman with a beard by calling her a "Stonewall-approved lesbian". She promoted an online store that sells shirts, badges and stuff that bear such phrases as "fuck your pronouns". She was* friends with a WRA who called trans women "blackface actors". She said she would happily "go to prison" for misgendering someone.

…but I'm sure these are just harmless misunderstands.

*she died
Well, through critical thinking, this is what I have to say about them:

First of all that first tweet is more than technically correct. And may I say with all due respect to this entire conundrum that no matter how much you want to change your gender and therefore act like and essentially become the other, You never ever will be, because it will never ever truly feel natural, regardless of how you may feel about it no matter what no matter how otherwise it may seem. So in all technicality, You are being a fake person and not truly what you are aspiring to be. But that’s not to say that you still can’t be one that is more like the other (Have you ever heard of tomboys? I had a best friend who was a tomboy and actually turned out decently successful, and didn’t have to trans or anything like that and she happens to be lesbian :) If I may say so myself, a lot of things that I like are very female centered, and I’ve had a lot of my friends been girls for decent parts of my life. And if you want to wear or act like the other gender, then go for it, just always truly be aware of what you naturally are, because that’s when and where you’ll always truly be successful, and not only for others But always truly for your true self again no matter what no matter how otherwise it may seem.

Maybe you need to reevaluate those tweets in the same way that this article is as well? And maybe just maybe there was a point to be made that you don’t need to use pronouns, because you are who you truly are, and will always truly be that literally again no matter what no matter how otherwise it may seem. Forgive me for asking, but what is a WRA? And again, you can more than essentially call trans people that, regardless of whether you want to hear that or not. Psychiatrists whether you like it or not are always truly modern-day Nazis, with the forcefulness and way let alone what they actually do the people,Not to mention how absurd it is to have them and psychologists, with the key difference between them being something that should not exist. Have you not noticed that it is other people who do not directly deal with them who always praise them, let alone those who have become medicated and treated by them who are more than usually against them and or if not have become literally conditioned to agree with them because of that exact kind of thing; Even my sister who is a doctor overall agrees with this, but these kinds of people have gone way too far and are way too extreme, Regardless of how many people actually like them.

And what she literally said is that she’d rather go to jail and take back her claims, because that’s what she truly believes in if she would be contradicting and going against herself, which is worse than death, because then she wouldn’t truly be her, and the only way you ever truly fail is if you’re not truly you. You are YOU, Regardless of what you’re naturally born as or even as you’re viewed, but that does not mean that you are completely naïve and ignorant to what is factual, if you get what I mean? And like I’ve said, it doesn’t mean you still can’t be truly The way that you feel, as long as you know the facts and reality. It’s like seen that as much as he would like and that you technically live as an embrace fiction and make believe, you overall know that it’s not real if you get what I mean right? That’s again overall essentially what this is, and I can’t think of any other ways of being more critical thinking than that

WaltK

Awards
sleepy-coffee.gif

The Nazi psychiatrist part was my favourite

Riku21Terr

Awards
My favourite part was the Nazi psychiatrist thing.
Again, just because you have a different opinion does not mean that you are right, or even necessarily wrong. How can I see things from your point of you when you won’t see them from mine? As extreme as it is for me to say, do you get where I’m coming from? I know I say a lot, but that does not mean you don’t at least give me consideration but I at least try to for you and others? Is it any wonder that I think this way and or respond in ways that I was stated to before?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
"Boy oh boy do I love Kingdom Hearts, I gotta jump in on this forum so I can discuss this beloved franchise."

*is suddenly hit with the TERF schizo brain beam, fired from JK Rowling's intergalactic space station*

"GOTTA MAKE A THINLY VEILED TRANSPHOBIA THREAD UNDER THE GUISE OF DISCUSSING AN AUTHOR!!! HNNGGGGGGG MY BRAIIINNNNNN.... OH FUCK, MY MASK IS COMING OFF!!!"

Riku21Terr

Awards
"Boy oh boy do I love Kingdom Hearts, I gotta jump in on this forum so I can discuss this beloved franchise."

*is suddenly hit with the TERF schizo brain beam, fired from JK Rowling's intergalactic space station*

"GOTTA MAKE A THINLY VEILED TRANSPHOBIA THREAD UNDER THE GUISE OF DISCUSSING AN AUTHOR!!! HNNGGGGGGG MY BRAIIINNNNNN.... OH FUCK, MY MASK IS COMING OFF!!!"
Well this is in its own appropriate section, as it is open for us to talk about non-kingdom hearts things, and like literally everything else, no one’s making you check this out, so it’s all on you! Even those who know better than to use “Internet talk” should truly know this, eh?

Riku21Terr

Awards
Well like I said, you’re not Truly considering what I’ve said, when I gave you EVIDENCE as to why I feel that way

Riku21Terr

Awards
So sorry to keep going off topic and emphasizing something that I didn’t mean to overlap the size, but the further prove my point, please check this link on a local psychiatrist, and then please reconsider why I feel the way that I do:

Also not mentioned there, but I lost another good friend of mine who actually committed suicide as a result of this psychiatrist “helping“ her........

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Well this is in its own appropriate section, as it is open for us to talk about non-kingdom hearts things, and like literally everything else, no one’s making you check this out, so it’s all on you! Even those who know better than to use “Internet talk” should truly know this, eh?
You only have 33 posts and a chunk of em are in here you quadruple posting looney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back