• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Something depressing...to me...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Okay, I have no clue why I'm saying this, just to get it out of my system I suppose....

here's what happened....

I was going to do a percussion thing called "Elements ensemble" it's for drummers only...I really wanted to do it, and I put so many weeks of practicing into it...This is a thing that my percussion instructor does...he's the executive producer....

Now, onto the real thing...

I kept reminding my dad that practices are on every Friday and Saturday...He already said he'd even pay for it... It's takes place about a half hour away from my house. Then, today, I asked my director about it, and then I told my dad everything, he said it was in the place of which I talk'd about, and this is something that I've alreayd told my dad... But when I told him everything my director said, "I don't want to drive a half hour away 2 times a week, so no...You can do it..."

BUT, here's the thing, My dad said I could do it already, and he forgot everything...and now I can't...

I feel like shit now, wouldn't you?? My dad can be sych and ass...

dark___edge

then just re-expalin everything to him. ask him why he forgot. or if hes doing it on purpose, find your own way to the practices.. like taking a bus. then you won't have to rely on him.
if it is very important to you then just tell him how u feel and how important it is to you.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would explain everything.

I wouldn't call this depressing or even sad.
Gas is expensive you know..maybe he's having financial problems right now. You never know.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
then just re-expalin everything to him. ask him why he forgot. or if hes doing it on purpose, find your own way to the practices.. like taking a bus. then you won't have to rely on him.
if it is very important to you then just tell him how u feel and how important it is to you.
heh, I tried, he got pissed...My dad can be like that, ever since he met his gf...now his wife...I have no clue what changed him...

I would explain everything.

I wouldn't call this depressing or even sad.
Gas is expensive you know..maybe he's having financial problems right now. You never know.
No, he has no finanical problems, he NEVER complains about gas...he travels everywhere anyways...

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The girlfriend can sometimes change a guy.

For example.
My dad's mom ran off.
Dad's dad got a new girlfriend.
She didn't like kids.
Dad decided to make dad and his 2 sisters live in the garage. (They fed them and shit, etc. but still)

:D ya see?

Anywho. I don't think your dad's that much of a **** but seriously though. If this means that much to you you need to let him know that.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I did, he doesn't care as much to let me join...I'll do it next year when I can drive, I guess

No one at my school thought it was fair...and I wasted a whole month...

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
should i assume you have to carry the drums?
try carpooling

otherwise, ride your bike
what??? dude...I'm not looking for something to do... I just love to drum, but I'd rather practice something than just make shit up...

and yes, you have a drum to carry on your shoulders...

Is it wrong to do something you love...? (I have my own answer, what's yours?)

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
so in other words, you don't actually want any help here, you just want to bitch to us about how mean your dad is?
no, I'd like some advice...I've never been this depressed before, normally, I'm really happy...

How do I deal with something like this? normally I'd say, "Look at the bright side" or..." just get involved with something else" but none of that has worked

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
violent_anger does have a point, you do seem to be bitching and not really wanting to take our advice. I mean shit like this happens. Parent's get in the way of you doing what you really want to, i mean really it does. Hell he probably doesn't think you can lead a real life with the drums, which really it's a 1 in good knows how many 1,000,000's chance.
Like it was all just a faze or something. meh...

but seriously... VA is right
it seems like all you're doing is bitching about why you think your dad is total a douchebag, when that's obviously not the case.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
violent_anger does have a point, you do seem to be bitching and not really wanting to take our advice. I mean shit like this happens. Parent's get in the way of you doing what you really want to, i mean really it does. Hell he probably doesn't think you can lead a real life with the drums, which really it's a 1 in good knows how many 1,000,000's chance.
Like it was all just a faze or something. meh...

but seriously... VA is right
it seems like all you're doing is bitching about why you think your dad is total a douchebag, when that's obviously not the case.
I have taken your advice, I tried it all, I even said it, but whatever...

Since all you want to do is flame me, I'll close this thread before a mod gets pissed

if you want to say something about this, PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back