• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Some PC errors

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_StarX

Well recently I wiped my other computer's hard drive. Well it went as planned for the most part...until it booted up for first time. Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time I've done this so I'm pretty stumped on how to correct this little problem I have. Well here's the thing, after booting up after it was wiped, my comp's monitor remained a black screen and the CPU wouldn't cut off until I unplugged it. Upon restarting it, I was presented with the Bios screen, something I've never seen before on my computer. I pressed F1 to continue on into the welcome screen on did what I normally do, set up my internet. When I went online though and typed in the address bar, everything I typed was in double letters. (yyaahhoo..ccoomm) I re-wiped my computer and was again presented with the Bios screen and double letters. I've searched google now for a few hours and still haven't come up with a solution other than using the on-screen keyboard to type with.

Any help would be appreciated.

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
You have your typerate setting for your keyboard set too high.

This can be changed in bios. It'll be under one of the settings, listed as 'typerate' or something similar.

I'm too lazy to actually look up the name, but I'm sure you'll find it. The higher the value, the faster it will repeat letters, the lower the value it will repeat slower. So you have to hold the key down longer to repeat the same letters.

I hope that helps, if not tell me!

~~Azurith
PS>> You also have typerate settings in Windows that can be adjusted.
(I do not know for sure where they are for Vista, but for XP look for the 'keyboard' settings in the control panel. Should be there.)

Dark_StarX

Well I couldn't find it but I did discover something interesting....when I came to cut my comp back on, the keyboard's caps lock and num lock were blinking repeatedly. I unplugged it and re-plugged it when the computer was off yet even when the computer wasn't on, the lights were still blinking. Then I tried typing and got no response. I switched boards and was able to type again but still had the double letter problem.

Well uh here are my BIOS options in which I couldn't find anything related to typing. Btw, the company is Phoenix and it's Award BIOS

Standard CMOS Features
Advanced BIOS Features
Advanced Chipset Features
Integrated Peripherals
Power Management Setup
PcP/PCI Configuration
PC Health Status
Load Fail-Safe Defaults
Load Optimized Defaults
Setup Supervisor Password
Setup User Password
Save & Exit Setup