• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So long, and thanks for all the hearts.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
So hey.

The thing I hate the most about online friendships is how easy it is for someone to slowly fade from existence, vanishing and never returning. You're left with the impression of the personality you came to associate with an odd username, the things you remember about them, and wonder how they're doing, or if they're even still alive. I have decided to make my departure, at least for now, unambiguous.

However, before I go, I feel like some indulgent reminiscing.

A couple of you might remember me. I liked to talk, if my post count didn't make that obvious. I read fics people posted, and sometimes drew every so often. I screwed around in Forum Insanity.
I joined 5 years ago, back when Chi was still a browser game and was starting to get exciting story development for the very first time. I was there when KH3 hype crashed the site. I was a kid back then, in sophomore year of high school. I'm a college senior now, and I'm preparing to go to law school.
I haven't even visited this site in years. KH isn't as big of a deal in my life as it used to be. These days, I spend most of me free time playing Pokemon Go, working on planted aquariums, and conversing with a select few people. Given the series direction and my overall apathy/antipathy for a lot of its decisions, I find it unlikely that I will ever come back to KH like I used to again.

However, I enjoyed the series for the time that I did, and joining this forum gave me a lot of valuable experiences that I will try to never forget, whether they were good or bad. I witnessed the bizarre case of Larxene012's "Aerith is a Princess of Heart" theories. Along with a pack of Forum Insanity regulars, I contributed to gif editions and games. I learned how to play Cards Against Humanity. I witnessed how a friend group, even one formed over Facebook chat, can fracture over the stupidest drama. Hype trains derailed, shipping threads got out of hand, people actively got themselves banned, and through it all I met some pretty cool people, and managed to stay in contact with a few of them on social media. Of a select very few of them, I've made some lasting lasting friendships and still chatter with them regularly.

As for those who I did not... Sephiroth0812, Chuman, DarkGreyHeroine, BufferAndLoad, and anyone else who I met but whose name has slipped from my memory in the past few years... I hope you are all doing well, and thank you for what I consider to be an overall positive life experience. Spockanort and Taochan, I didn't know you two very personally but you two were outstanding mods. This site is small, this community is messy, and the series it all hinges on is kind of absolutely insane, but y'all made it work.

I'll remember this place fondly. Maybe I'll return someday for a longer time if KH somehow hooks me again.
Til then, see ya.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I faintly remember these days as well, including the Forum Insanity parts even if I barely ever ventured there myself.
Back then still with the old forum software and when I still had more time on my hands to "waste" in these halls.

Oh man, Larxene012's "theory" that turned into a forum meme was really something that stood out, as was the "Moogle Army" which started well then went somehow off the rails with some drama.

Eh, I tend to largely stay away from social media, so not remaining in contact via them is definitely on me.
I'm glad we had a pleasant time which produced some good memories and maybe someday there will be a continuation.

Perhaps.

Until then,
farewell, friend.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thank you so much for being such an awesome person and sticking around for the good and the bad. Please stay safe out there and live your best life possible!

Back