• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So how come Kairi forgot, and not Riku?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ur-vile

Awards
I'm sure it's been discussed, but I can't find it... anyways... it doesn't appear that Riku's memories were affected like anyone else during the year Sora was asleep. At the same time, Kairi lost her memories of Sora. That never made much sense to me, figured you guys probably had a theory on it. Not that Castle Oblivion makes too much sense either... ("You have stepped into Castle Oblivion, all your magic and powers are gone and two of you will be turned into cards gwa ha ha!")

Intoxication.jpg

Riku had forged his soul (and body) With Xehanort's Heartless, so the only plausible explanation would be that that prevented him from memory loss.

Also, him coming into contact with Roxas no doubt played a large part. We'll find out in 352/8 days or whatever it's called.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
More than likely, it was, as said above, because of Riku's ties to Xehanort... And probably also to do with him residing in Darkness, whereas Kairi resided in the realm of Light

ur-vile

Awards
^Well it's not stated if any other beings residing in Darkness were affected, so I guess that's a good a theory as any.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Riku did forget, though it's never been said just how much. It makes sense that even if he forgot, he had DiZ, Namine and Mickey right there to fill him in at least on why he should care about that kid floating in the lotus pod.
Remember, KH2? DiZ asked "Ansem" if he recovered his Memories yet to which Ansem replied with "the fog's clearing" - and we all know who "Ansem" ended up being.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Ahh yeah... I never really thought about Riku being affected though

la kias

Website
www.youtube.com
it could be because riku was in the realm of darkness, where as all those effected were in the realm of light. Riku's personnal memories whilst in castle oblivion were unaffected because the castle didn't effect memories, naminé did, however the organisation wouldn't tell sora this in order for them to reach there goals. Therefore, it makes sense that naminé was focused on altering sora's memories and no-one elses in the castle with the exception of the rest of the team (donald, goofy and jimminy)

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Because they never made a big deal out of it.
Leon said they forgot about Sora and everyone too but after Sora pouted at being forgotten we all shrugged and moved on with our lives.
Riku never seemed affected because he was too deeply concerned so he knew enough to make it seem like he remembered.
The only person we've actually seen "affected" by it was Kairi because her specifically recovering her Memories of Sora was kind of a big deal since it meant connecting Sora back to his Memories of his Home and 14 years out of his 15 years of being alive.

it could be because riku was in the realm of darkness, where as all those effected were in the realm of light.

Riku was in the Realm of Light just fine, thank you very much. The Realm of Darkness for anyone other than Mickey in KH1 and DiZ was a stop on the way when using Corridors of Darkness.

Riku's personnal memories whilst in castle oblivion were unaffected because the castle didn't effect memories, naminé did, however the organisation wouldn't tell sora this in order for them to reach there goals. Therefore, it makes sense that naminé was focused on altering sora's memories and no-one elses in the castle with the exception of the rest of the team (donald, goofy and jimminy)

Doesn't matter. Namine took apart all the Memories in Sora's Heart later on - and that, in turn, affected everyone who shared those Memories with Sora - Riku included.

Last edited:

MasterHearts7762

I'm sure it's been discussed, but I can't find it... anyways... it doesn't appear that Riku's memories were affected like anyone else during the year Sora was asleep. At the same time, Kairi lost her memories of Sora. That never made much sense to me, figured you guys probably had a theory on it. Not that Castle Oblivion makes too much sense either... ("You have stepped into Castle Oblivion, all your magic and powers are gone and two of you will be turned into cards gwa ha ha!")

well kairi was never actually at castle oblivion, namine just made it look like she was. and the only reason why sora was forgetting his memories was because namine was messing with them, and not riku's.:nahnah:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
well kairi was never actually at castle oblivion, namine just made it look like she was. and the only reason why sora was forgetting his memories was because namine was messing with them, and not riku's.:nahnah:

1) that doesn't explain why Kairi forgot - and she did.
2) Riku's Memories were messed with.

People should learn to read the entire thread before posting.

Xearual from Aet

The answer is, he was with Sora's body, after all, he took the path to twilight, though, when he sen Sora's body in chain of Memories, he'd never forget.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The answer is, he was with Sora's body, after all, he took the path to twilight, though, when he sen Sora's body in chain of Memories, he'd never forget.

The reason why he was doing what he was doing - to get Sora to wake up properly, probably not. All his past Memories with Sora from the Islands - yes.

XIII's follower

Like it was said, Riku did forget. If you remember, while Sora was near reawakening, Diz asked him it was getting his memories back, and he said they were ("The fog is clearing"). So, Riku did forget; he just had an easier time remembering especially since he had to see Sora everyday.

trixchasin

::::OFF TOPIC, BUT...::::
suffering angel, that's a pretty badass pic of halloween sora,
where did you get that from>?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Like it was said, Riku did forget. If you remember, while Sora was near reawakening, Diz asked him it was getting his memories back, and he said they were ("The fog is clearing").

Thank you for summarizing what I said in like 5 posts in this thread :D

So, Riku did forget; he just had an easier time remembering especially since he had to see Sora everyday.

Poppycock. Kairi was all but on the verge of remembering Sora, and she was worlds away from him. The physical closeness means nothing. CoM proved as much - Sora, Donald and Goofy forgot Memories that involved all three of them, and they were right next to each other.

C

Colours

A lot of noobs new people these days like to just post randomly without reading the thread to bump post count. :\ forget the thread being answered already, they never know all the points raised that have them wrong

I totally agree. I don't mind the noobs post. As long as it has been answered. Its fine with me.<3

eoin

since sora meet the fake riku he knew that he an actual friend who the fake was based on and while he may have lost his merioies of his past with riku maybe he still remembered riku was his friend and since naime's power effected not only his merioies but the peoples who had a connection to him so while he forgot them they forgot but if sora remembered his friendship wih riku then the same could be true for riku forgeting there past his with sora but not being friends with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back