• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, E3 is just around the corner, and Resident Evil may as well be dead!

• Thread starter Deleted member 32967
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 32967

Hopefully, Capcom formally announces something other than another reboot. I'm getting tired of the movie industry and the gaming industry milking the crap out of everything from the past that was *ACTUALLY* good, with modern day "reimaginings" and pointless sequels that feel like insulting parodies, and the Resident Evil games are dead to me. They haven't ticked the boxes for me in years. I feel that all their games are now, are lifeless, generic, cash-grab titles that use the main characters to lure people in. Or in general, they remake games that people loved back in the day, thinking a fresh coat of paint is going to have everybody excited. It's all for the hype train to start chuggin' along the mental track. And the recent remake of 2 partially sucked as well. It didn't feel like the original game at all. There was a lot of cut content. To be honest, I think it was someone's idea of having a joke, and the voice acting was good, but more so for Claire than with Leon. In fact, I hate Leon's new, cute, nicey-nice look. He didn't look like the hardcore, zombie killer from 1998 any longer, who actually seems like a horror game hero at heart. What a wuss! And a zombie dies in a cutscene from being shot in the head a total of once, in what was a pale imitation of the original scene in the diner, but during the actual gameplay, 5 to 8 head hits from a handgun hardly flinches that mother. What the hell?

They should have remade it like the remake they released on the GameCube, way back in 2002. If they say they cannot use fixed camera angles in a 2019 game and whatnot, then they are lying. Games as far back as 1992 pulled this off successfully. In fact, plenty of indie horror games still pay tribute to the classic (yet obviously dated) style that these big budget companies pretend doesn't matter any more, yet they continue to use their names as the selling point.

At no point in the game, did I think I was playing a true remake. As the game starts, you basically just run around the block to get to the main gate of the police station. That's all you do. No longer do you have to go through alleys, or climb over a skip, and go through a basketball court, or even explore the guns shop. They tried to be clever by giving Ada a trenchcoat to make her look like a female version of Humphrey Bogart (who famously played detectives in motion pictures for years) and a gadget that 'hacks' electrical circuits. The game was all screwed up too. The story didn't make any sense, and the way you met the characters was all weird to me, because Robert Kendo (who was devoured in his weapons shop during a memorable scene in the original) was reduced to being a sympathetic side character that survives, and then he is a DLC only character in some awful, non canonical mode called The Ghost Survivors. Plus, when you shoot a zombie that is stuck in animation behind something such as a gate, it doesn't die no matter how many times you shoot at it. Just look at the video Michael Does Life uploaded several months ago.

They did throw in a section where you go to an orphanage as Sherry Birkin, and Sherry has to hide from the chief of police. That wasn't in the original, but whatever, right? As long as fanboys lap this shite up, the series will never return to its roots.

Even 7: Biohazard didn't feel like a numbered sequel at all. At least Code: Veronica and Revelations feel relevant, despite not having numbers in their titles. How would you think 6 and 7 were linked, or even a part of the same series? Chris Redfield (despite being in a lot of games already) also looks stupid now, and you wouldn't even think that was the same Chris who fought Wesker, and took down Umbrella back in the day. It was a rip off of tons of various movies, and the main character Ethan was not that interesting. I think the reason the monsters look so stupid and lazily designed too, is because the RE Engine was all new, and Capcom were not sure of how to make the creatures as memorable as how Shinji Mikami did it in the 1990s. Remember the Hunters and the Lickers? Yep. We all recall how scared we were of those. And Nemesis too, and also the dogs, spiders, and especially the different types of zombies we faced, including the scariest zombies of all - the Crimson Heads. But now Capcom just milks the hell out of the franchise, and outsources games to crappy companies that just want to make money off of the popularity of the series, and that's it. Operation Raccoon City, cough. Umbrella Corps, bigger cough.

Slash rant. And P.S. I don't really expect everyone to agree with me, but the writing is on the wall. Capcom (and other companies) put making a profit over honest passion.

Perkilator

Awards
You're still shiteing on Resi 2? We get it, you don't like it. But millions of others do. I also don't want Capcom's success to go to their heads, bit that's still no excuse to assume that everything they do will "always be bad" or whatever.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I'd be happy with a Rayman announcement of any kind (new game, new remaster or him in Smash, etc).

Back