• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, DLC for this game is for sure right?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
It's all been surely confirmed, right?

No, I think he said once that he'd want to do an update like Final Mix as dlc, then he said he'd rather do small free dlc rather than one big chunk, then I think he said he'd rather focus on the next title rather than DLC.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
What he said most recently is that he'd like to do one big paid DLC with deep content, and then a couple of free DLC updates, but nothing had been officially decided by the team at the point in time of the interview. He also said he doesn't want to spend too much time making DLC though as he'd rather start development on the next game sooner rather than later. So, honestly, I'd say you can expect DLC (most likely a FM-like package) but don't expect the game to have post-launch update/support a year+ after release, basically.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
No, I think he said once that he'd want to do an update like Final Mix as dlc, then he said he'd rather do small free dlc rather than one big chunk, then I think he said he'd rather focus on the next title rather than DLC.

Welp... that does sound like Nomura lol.

SerDuncan

I think it would be best to just... assume that there won't be any DLC, so if we get a ton of good DLC then it's a welcome surprise! But if there isn't any DLC, or the DLC ends up being as disappointing as the base game, you're not too let down either.

Hoarse_Phuqer

A critical mode, New Game+, replayable worlds are a no brainer and would extend the game's longevity. What I really would like is a system similar to 358/2 Days in that you can also replay worlds as other characters. Playing as Roxas or Terra(in his armor and without) would be fantastic, not to mention Lea and Kairi since we barely saw what they were capable of in the main storyline. Hell, add Yen Sid while you're at it and vaporize Heartless with god-tier magic spells.

Sora1274

I was thinking how long until the DLC would come out. The last two games I got that had dlc had them release in about 2 months, but this is a much different case and I think we may not get any main dlc until the end of 2019, but I do hope we may get something smaller like a critical mode within a couple months.

Back