• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Small Theory on the RoS before KH3D's release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I might as well get this out now before the official explanation is out.

Well some people including myself have theorized that the Realm of Sleep is a type of purgatory. I wanted to expand a little on that. We know in the past Nomura has used some Christian themes in the series (The X-Blade resembling the Keys to Heaven for example). Well in Christianity there are 3 or 4 ideas regarding what happens after death:

1. The Soul goes directly to heaven or hell (The Classic Belief)
2. The Soul goes to a temporary Spirit World to reside until the soul can be reunited with a body in the ressurection and then go before the final judgement (Mormon Belief)
3. The Souls of the righteous are cleansed in Purgatory before entering Heaven. (Mostly Catholics belief but others do believe this as well)
4. The Soul goes into a state of sleep until the ressurection day and final judgement (Some look to the I believe 40 something references in the Bible where death is reffered to as sleep to support this idea)

I want to focus on the 4th one obviously but it ties into the idea of purgotary or a temporary spirit world depending on how you look at it.

Nomura said some worlds did not return in KH1 and instead remain in a state of sleep. What if this state of sleep is similar to the idea of the soul sleeping instead in KH its the hearts of the citizens sleeping, but in that sleep they continue to dream and so their conciousness is alert in those dreams, so in that way the Realm of Sleep is kind of like a purgatory of sorts.

Anyways just a quick thought I wanted to get out, make of it what you will.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I don't think it's the hearts of the people sleeping, rather I think it's the hearts of the worlds instead. The people we see in the RoS would be created from the dreams of those worlds, hence the reason why there can be multiple Mickeys.

JustSnilloc

Yeah, I've thought this as well... I didn't know about the "Soul goes to sleep" thing though, never heard of it

But I do support the idea that the dream eaters are the hearts of those who have yet to be reincarnated (which is what happens in the KH universe)

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back