• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should I get FF X-2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I beat FFX, so I figured about playing the sequel. One of my cousins said it's stupid, so I tried to find more information about it, but I couldn't find any. So... do you think it's worth it? I just want to know if it would seem fun or not or something.

Kinn

Website
mystickingdom.kh2-media.net
If you want to know what happens, then yes. If not, then no. It just takes a while to beat completely and if your not that interested in the game or plot, it's not really that great in my opinion.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
I beat FFX, so I figured about playing the sequel. One of my cousins said it's stupid, so I tried to find more information about it, but I couldn't find any. So... do you think it's worth it? I just want to know if it would seem fun or not or something.
Well, here's the thing: the battle system is completely changed, you only get to play as Yuna, Rikku, and Paine, the battle spheres are gone, etc.

The battle system in FFX-2 is interesting, dress grids. You can change Yuna, Rikku, and Paine to be many kinds of fighters: Black Mage, Swordsman, Gunner, Dancer, Thief, White Mage, Gun Mage, Lady Luck, Berserker, Dark Knight, Animal Trainer, Samurai, and so on. It's almost like the first Final Fantasy, with a mixture of FFX, and the real-time of FF7.

But, the plot is all about the girls, and it's severely flawed. By far, FFX plot is better than the FFX-2 plot.

So it's your choice. Battles, or storylines?

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
The game is alright. The whole overly girly thing about the game made me feel uncomfortable. But you might like it. It's very similiar to Charlie's Angels.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Simply put: Hell no!

FFX-2 is a prime example of the current cashcow retardation of Square-Enix. It's boring, shallow, uninteresting, and just plain annoying. Spare yourself the torture and get a decent RPG, like Megami Tensei title.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Well, I thought FFX was awesome!! I just may buy it... Hey, I heard about this title known as "The Eternal Calm" is that a different game or is it the begining of FF X-2?

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Hmm... I think the storyline sounds good. And Ign.com did say how it is or how cool it would be... except for the part about you play only as Yuna, Rikku, and Paine, but I could live with that. I have played as girls on other video games as well, but I get used to it.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
yo and even better it has Rikku in it! :cool:

She has a point. :p

But really. If you're going to get the game, you might want to be a little more open minded about it. There were some changes that not a lot of people enjoyed. I loved the game myself, but a lot of others will disagree.

One of my favorite Final Fantasy games, but FFX was better.

hanyou007

Website
www.myspace.com
if your gonna play x2 you have to understand its not made to be like other ff's. Its a complete sequel and its only point is to finish X's storyline. Because of that the story isnt to great, and kinda basic. X2 is a game really for those who just like games not the hardcore ff fans which is why you hear so many people bashing it. The best parts about it is its one of the funnier ones with some good comedic moments. It also is one of the best battle systems of any ff game if you like a fast paced battle system.

Murasame

Personally I didn't really enjoy the story, but I liked the battle system for the most part, but that's just my opinion, if you wanna see the FFX storyline wrapped up then maybe you should go pick it up, keep an open mind and decide for yourself whether you like it or not, If not you could always return it. Or another option could be to borrow it from a friend, that's what I did and I was happier that I didn't spend like $40 on it.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
if u can get under $7 bucks get it.. Put it on mute.. X-2 isnt the best FF. Rikku/Yuna was so damn annoying and Paine was a Lulu copy..

But the battle system was fun.. Easy but fun.. I think you should pick up just for something to do when you don't want to put time into another game..

Now if you looking for a full time game to play and want a good RPG.. FFX-2 isn't worth it.. Get a better RPG like Square-Ninja said..

But X-2 gives you something to do.. you may have to put it on mute though..XD

~DanseMacabre~

Website
www.livejournal.com
DONT DO IT ARRRGH.

This game was a joke. It's not worth the money. Or the time. It's eye candy for guys, that's all. There was a little plot there... like that fooled me ¬¬

Biased? Of course not! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back