• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should I get a Desktop or Laptop?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demi_Shock

I had a laptop coming into my freshman year of college. It was a HP dv1000, but fried itself 3 days after the warranty. (AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!) $400 to fix. Not easy money in college.

So I went most of my sophomore year in college spending countless nights at the computer lab to do papers for class.

Im going into my Junior Year now in college, and wondering, should I buy another Laptop, or go with the more bulky Desktop?

I have seen the desktop I want for about $1,000, and I can afford it now.
If I get a laptop, I will spend a lot of time online while im in class, but I can take notes easier.

What do you guys/gals think?

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Agreed. Laptops are considerably easier to port around than a desktop as a laptop is made for that purpose. While true, they may not last as long as a desktop as you can only add so many upgrades to them, I'm sure it would last you through the end of college at least.

To be honest, it mostly depends on what you do. If you play online games a lot, a desktop might be better as you can easily upgrade your desktop. If you're mostly going to use it for papers and other college stuff, as you pry would, a laptop would be best. I think, in college though, laptops are easier as they don't take up a whole lot of room, do what you need them to do, and so get you through college. When you get out and get your own house and start a job and a life, then a desktop would be better, and most likely more useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back