• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Second Form - Everything we know currently!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bio-Roxas

Hello all! I recently made a video about the Second Form seen in the KH3 trailers. There's a link at the end of this post to the video but I will write out what I found for those that would rather stay on the forums!

First off let's get the basic stuff out of the way. We know this form is activated by having the kingdom key equipped and it's a nice little nod to KH2 with the form activation being the drive form animation.
It changes Sora's clothes into a variation of his KH2 clothes, similar to how Limit Form changed Sora's clothes to a variation of his KH1 clothes.

His combos change as well. We can see in the orchestra trailer that Sora uses both Aerial Finish and Magnet Burst as combo finishers which are both from KH2. Right before these two techniques, it seems like Sora pulls off a hurricane blast which is from KH1FM. It's hard to actually confirm this one though.

Sora also has powerful finishers that are built up much like Situation Commands. The ones we have seen so far are Stun Impact, Sonic Blade, & Ars Arcanum. We also get to see what these look like in action.

-Stun Impact seems to be exactly like it's KH1 ability, but the radius is much larger.

-Sonic Blade is also roughly the same, but it seems like you can activate this in the air now. It seems like an improvement upon Limit Form as Limit Form would not let you activate limits while in the air. Sonic Blade also still has the ability to exit out of the attack as each "rave" can be seen being selected during the trailer.

-Ars Arcanum uses the Dream Drop Distance version of the attack and the ending of it can be seen in the trailer.

You can tell a finisher is being used in Second Form by looking at the command menu. Every time you use a finisher, the menu changes from blue to yellow.

Nomura has also confirmed that "Second Form" is just a tentative name. In the same interview we learn that the Kingdom Key will not be transforming. It's also the only form that has its name on the command menu. Every other form/keyblade transformation has the name of the keyblade transformation in the menu. This is probably because the Kingdom Key does not transform, but I still thought it was interesting.

And that is mostly it! I'm sure I probably missed something, but I wanted to put all of the information that we know about this form into one place.

I have one more thing that is more of a theory than actual fact so I wanted to set it apart from everything else.

In the new Utada Theme Song Trailer, Sora has access to the Second Form transformation, but is still in his KH2 clothes. While one might think that this is just a customization option, I think it might have something to do with Hercules. At the end of 0.2 Sora is told to go find someone who has lost their strength and found it again. Sora then goes to Olympus to find Hercules to help him get his power back. I believe Sora will learn to "channel" his old power, but he does not have the strength to wield it for very long. This explanation is similar to drive forms, which were bursts of power that Sora could not handle for very long. Of course this is just a theory and we will not know for sure until KH3 comes out!

Anyways, I hope this had something new that you didn't know about!

Here is the link if you want to watch the video I made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiDj-N-h0ZQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back