• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Scottish Separatism

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thespis

Please read.

I know there are some members on these forums that are from the UK, and I wondered their opinion on the matter.

Not that this is limited to UK responses, mind you. ^_^;;

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
I'm Scottish and I don't really have a problem with the English or anything.... It would be weird if Scotland became a seperate nation again.
Does it have to do with the fact that lots of the MPs in England are Scottish...?

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Well, it seems the English have always wanted to keep their United Kingdom, "United." If the Scots want independence, then give it to them. It really wouldn't affect much and its not like the Welsh will want their own country next as well lol.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
I don't really see why Scottland would want to break off. They have the support of the entire United Kingdom, and they have their say in Parliament.

Its probably a Nationalistic thing. You know, that ancient ideal of pride in ones country? Maybe only a Patriotic Scot could understand why they would give up their economic and defense position by seperating.

Thats why I say let them seperate, let them see what happens, and possibly, let them come back to the UK.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Its probably a Nationalistic thing. You know, that ancient ideal of pride in ones country?

"Ancient ideal of pride in ones [sic] country?" You realize that nationalism is key making state rule legitimate, right? Then again, perhaps you meant "ancient" as long-lasting as opposed to out-dated.

Maybe only a Patriotic Scot could understand why they would give up their economic and defense position by seperating.

Thats why I say let them seperate, let them see what happens, and possibly, let them come back to the UK.

I'd be wary of that. The seperation would affect more than just Scottland ecomonically among other ways. The entire UK and even probably even the EU would take a hit. These far-reaching consequences are what has me wary of Scottish seperation.

Devious

This is an economic issue as I've seen so far, it seems. If they separate they will be in an economic deficiate because they will not have the UK's support in the matters of economic balance. They will still keep the UK and the UN's favor as they will not be severing their ties with the UN. Though the UK might not allow a reform if the Scotts ask for it. Just because they leave does not mean they will be openly welcome, because as Square Ninja stated... If a whole country leaves the UK it will bring about an economic deficiate.

Though I'm not dismissing the idea of the reform into the UK.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
This is an economic issue as I've seen so far, it seems. If they separate they will be in an economic deficiate because they will not have the UK's support in the matters of economic balance. They will still keep the UK and the UN's favor as they will not be severing their ties with the UN. Though the UK might not allow a reform if the Scotts ask for it. Just because they leave does not mean they will be openly welcome, because as Square Ninja stated... If a whole country leaves the UK it will bring about an economic deficiate.

Though I'm not dismissing the idea of the reform into the UK.

When I asked my International Relations professor about this, she said that it's funny how this always comes up when the oil prices go up for Scottish oil. As soon as the price drops again, this will most likely die down. The Scotts may still grumble about it, but it will take a back seat to needing the support of the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back