• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► School Language?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Japanese or Spanish?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
Personally, I was told that some people learn to speak other languages because they're interested into knowing the language's culture.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Regardless, having any language under your belt makes you look smarter and more willing to learn. I teach myself and when I've said that in interviews they think it's impressive that I have the will to do that.

Blobbit

Awards
How about this:

Do Spanish in school a couple years, Senior year take Japanese, and do Japanese on your own time through HS... and then in college study another language. :3

Well, we have to stick with a language all four years at my school, so if I were to do this, I'd most likely take Japanese all through high school, study Spanish on my own time, and then do another language in college.

Princess of KH

lucky. at least you have a choice. my private school is so small they only offer Spanish. i want to learn Japanese so bad..and my dad won't let me buy Rosetta Stone for some reason. he's convinced i won't use it. why? i have no clue...
if you have to take Spanish, you could always get Rosetta Stone or some other method of learning Japanese.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
lucky. at least you have a choice. my private school is so small they only offer Spanish. i want to learn Japanese so bad..and my dad won't let me buy Rosetta Stone for some reason. he's convinced i won't use it. why? i have no clue...
if you have to take Spanish, you could always get Rosetta Stone or some other method of learning Japanese.
Because you won't. You get REALLY bored of Stone real fast. I suggest getting My Japanese Coach for the DS. A lot simpler, more fun, A LOT cheaper, etc. It teaches you at a good pace, a great way to study the symbols, etc.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Because you won't. You get REALLY bored of Stone real fast. I suggest getting My Japanese Coach for the DS. A lot simpler, more fun, A LOT cheaper, etc. It teaches you at a good pace, a great way to study the symbols, etc.

I'm buying a DS now.

As for learning either Japanese or Spanish, it'd be beneficial to learn Spanish, blah. Even if you take Japanese in your school, the classes might butcher it to the point of where you don't really want to learn it anymore, or something near it. I'd let Spanish take the hit on that, and just learn Japanese on my own.

Wonderglow

Well I'm takin Japanese cuz I live near the Mexican border sooo... estuve alli, hice que ;) cuz i got homiez like that. But anyways yeah, having Spanish credit does look better, and knowing Spanish helps your vocabulary as well. I really did Japanese for the animes, music, and tv shows x) I should have taken Spanish, and you should take Spanish... it's just idc, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back