• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Save Points

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnightdragon

O.K. I'm pretty sure this has never been posted before. If it has...sorry.
Anyway, in KH2 do you think that the save points will be different? In KH we only got to save when we came to a save point. (In my opinion this was extremely annoying.) Do you think in KH2 we'll be able to save wherever we want and board the gummi ship at will? And (out of curiousity) do you want the save points to change in any way, shape, or form?

shadowkiller

I think it would make it too easy, too. However, I'm alwas annoyed by having to go somewhere, pausing, and the game timer saying I was playing for two hours while I was visiting family. It makes me feel like an idiot because it says I finished the game in a bajillion hours. I think maybe they should have a "pause timer" for that purpose. (Okay, I went off topic, but that's what I think.)

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
The game would be really easy and boring.
Besides, you need the save points to restore HP and MP.
I liked the KH save points more than the FF.

Utlima Sorafan

I also liked KH save points. You walk on them and you're healed!! Unlike Final Fanasty save points!! Oh,this will be off-topic,but do you think Hades has a bad run of choosing people to do his dirty work? I think so.(note I didn't want to start a new topic on teh off-topic part)

Last edited:

FortuneCookie

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd want it similar to Com. There was a regular save sphere and quick save. The quick save let you save any time, but it wouldn't give you full HP/MP and you go back to where you last saved with the actual save point if you restarted.

Last edited:

Fantasy_dragon

Website
alexsvgs.blogspot.com
Utlima Sorafan said:
I also liked KH save points. You walk on them and you're healed!! Unlike Final Fanasty save points!!
Actually, in Final Fantasy X (which was released before Kingdom Hearts) and Final Fantasy X-2 did just that.

Anyway, I hope that they don't do that. I want games to be easy...but not incredibly easy. And it's not like Kingdom Hearts is that difficult anyway. If you need a save point, it shouldn't take long to get to one. The worlds aren't extremely large or difficult.

They probably will look different, but it really doesn't matter. Just as long as they have the two different types still.

Zophar

KH2Researcher said:
save whenever we want? that will make the game too easy

Just because you can save anywhere doesn't make the game easy. Even if you were able to save right in the middle of a battle you are having trouble with there would be no way out of that battle, and that wouldn't make the enemy less strong or you stronger. Ergo, the only way out would be to let the baddies kick your ass.

Jacob Twilight

In Square-Enix RPGs, it's traditional to have a seperate Save area. Such a save system enhanches this sort of game, I think. If we could save wherever we want and board Gummi Ships wherever we wanted, then the game would kinda... suck. It would be less challenging, if you ran into any danger you could just high-tail it. Trust me, it adds an element of exitement and danger when you're running around, low health, trying to find a save point- just play Prince of Persia and you'll know what I mean! The system KH is using is the way forward.

Btw, they had Quick Save in CoM because it was a GBA game- you might have to shut it off at a moment's notice, so it saved your position and quit the game. It was just so you could pick it up to continue later. It's a feature on many GBA games.

yuna:)

The save points might be in different places. Cause' in FFX-2 the savepoints were in different places as well. Some savepoints were in the same place as FFX though...

TheAlmightyOverl

What if it goes like Ledgend of Zeldaish, and when you quick-save, you are put back to the beginning, and if you save during a boss fight, You are put infront of the thing that trigers the fight in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back