• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Saïx fight strats?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartless Sora

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I've been playing Kingdom Hearts II a lot recently in order to prepare myself for critical mode when I get my copy of 2.5 in the mail. I've had trouble with the Saïx fight though and would like to know if there are any good strategies to it. I've heard of the Peter Pan strat, but I can't get it to work. It would be awesome if anyone could provide me with good strategy and explain how it works. You can also provide strategies for other fights because it could be helpful to me. Thanks!

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
I've been playing Kingdom Hearts II a lot recently in order to prepare myself for critical mode when I get my copy of 2.5 in the mail. I've had trouble with the Saïx fight though and would like to know if there are any good strategies to it. I've heard of the Peter Pan strat, but I can't get it to work. It would be awesome if anyone could provide me with good strategy and explain how it works. You can also provide strategies for other fights because it could be helpful to me. Thanks!
wait so you mean you have trouble against saix if that's what you mean than it's easy no need using peter pan you just need to take his weapon and use it at him that's all or try level up in TWTNW

Noel

Awards
Here click this link below and give it a read Heartless Sora. c: It's not an in-depth guide but it does give some quality information. On attack patterns and other useful things.

Saix - Boss

The best strategy that usually works generally for any boss in KH2 is abuse limits and invincibility frames. What you should end up doing is have the ability limit boost/combination boost. If you have that ability turned on it should let the limit last longer, meaning more invincibility frames. I recommend Sora's trinity break limit, the one that he uses by himself to barrage the targeted enemy if Donald and Goofy aren't together with you. I think Riku is with you at this point so you are able to use it, if not. Donald's firecracker ability is the best alternative. Since you can press the reaction command once, spam with your own combo, and press it again . Making sure you alternate at the right time before it starts deplete to fulfill maxim damage. If I remember correctly, once you hit the triangle the guage stops for a second, and that is when you start mashing attack, once you see the bar go down, hit the reaction command. During this state you are a God to any attack or magic Saix throws at you.

You should have the protect spell in your shortcuts. If you spam it once he does his desperation move —every boss has one, it's basically that they're invulnerable during the time they use it which in this case it'll be when Saix's berserk guage is full probably— it'll negate any damage and hit back possibly knocking him off balance ready for a counter attack. Make sure you have plenty uve' Mega Eithers, Hi-Potions, and use Master/Final form when you are in low health since it will completely heal you back up once you transform.

Good luck!

Heartless Sora

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
wait so you mean you have trouble against saix if that's what you mean than it's easy no need using peter pan you just need to take his weapon and use it at him that's all or try level up in TWTNW
It's not that I'm having a hard time, its just that I know there are strats to the fight to make it faster and loop him (to prevent berserking), I just need to know good strats so that I don't have a high risk of ending up in one of his berserking combos when I play the game on critical.

Antar

Awards
I saw a lot of Speedrunners use the Peter Pan strategy. I've never tried it myself but maybe taking a look at how they do it can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back