• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerxes

call me stupid but does square enix have to name the bhk Roxas in the english version? even if his name does translate to it (or something). cant they just give him an entirley new name?

starry_eyed_hero

umm, i'm sorry but I dont quite follow you.

are you saying that he should have the name "Roxas" in the japanese version, but he should have an entirely different name in the english version? why would anybody want that? it would only cause confusion.

Xerxes

starry_eyed_hero said:
umm, i'm sorry but I dont quite follow you.

are you saying that he should have the name "Roxas" in the japanese version, but he should have an entirely different name in the english version? why would anybody want that? it would only cause confusion.

no, i am saying does the japanese name (rokusaku or something) have to relate to the english name, which everyone says its Roxas

starry_eyed_hero

Xerxes said:
no, i am saying does the japanese name (rokusaku or something) have to relate to the english name, which everyone says its Roxas
the japanese name is not relating to the english name, it's the other way around. His name was rokusaku or rock'em sock'em or whatever, and then that got translated into the english name, Roxas.

Xerxes

starry_eyed_hero said:
the japanese name is not relating to the english name, it's the other way around. His name was rokusaku or rock'em sock'em or whatever, and then that got translated into the english name, Roxas.

thats not my point though:(

starry_eyed_hero

Xerxes said:
thats not my point though:(
well, what is your point then? I feel like we've been through everything that your point could possibly be.

It's starting to sound like it's just as simple as this: you dont like the name Roxas. you wish they had given bhk a different name.

starry_eyed_hero

Eh, I dont really like the name Roxas. It doesn't really have a nice ring to it. In fact, it kinda sounds like they're just tryin way too hard to make him sound cool.

Xerxes

starry_eyed_hero said:
well, what is your point then? I feel like we've been through everything that your point could possibly be.

It's starting to sound like it's just as simple as this: you dont like the name Roxas. you wish they had given bhk a different name.

my point is does he have to have the name roxas or can it be a different name in kh2

starry_eyed_hero

Well, ya, he does have to have the name now. They've already named him Roxas, and one version of the game has already been released with a jap version of that name. They cant just go and change his name now. It's too late for that.

T

The Marauder

Roxas... Whats in a name, right? Wrong. Analyze it people, analyze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back