• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas & Namine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaniagan

So from the first time I played KH2 (and only really since i lost the disc shortly after and am to cheap to buy another one...) I noticed at the end there was some importance put on Roxas and Namine being together as long as Kairi and Sora are together and it seemed to be their "dying wish" so to speak. heres where the problem lies for me and I thougt it would be answered in Days but it wasn't.

Why do Roxas and Namine have so much emphasis on their friendship in the end when you could barely call them acquaintances in the first place? to my knowledge they never meet in the 358 days roxas is in the organization and in the (was it 3 or 7?) days that followed i believe they met all of twice the first time Namine freezes the system to just see roxas and the second she tells him what he is before Riku and DiZ whisk her away. Im pretty sure Xion spent more time with Namine then Roxas did so it really leaves the question on why so many care (other then fans wanting cartoon hook ups) and more importantly why it was even scripted because in all honesty i can say of every main cast members Namine met (including Org13, Riku, Sora&Gang, etc.) she spent the least amount of time with Roxas.

any thoughts?

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
Well, it is because he is part of sora and she is part of kairi so they were actually together a ton for like the past 8 years. they were just inside their respective somebody. also namine was born out of sora's body and so was roxas so they have a connection there.
Overall it is just like Kairi+Sora=Namine+Roxas

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Naminé didn't really give a shit about Roxas until the end, since all she was looking foward to at first was Sora becoming completing and waking up. She only felt bad for him in the end since they were going through the same thing.

And alot of people pair them up because of SoKai, when it's nothing like it. xD;

Xaniagan

i get what both of you are saying (and both seem right) but toaster your answer is the dilema i mean really maybe there is no connection past both being apart of sora and its just blown way out of proportion by the sokai people lol

i mean when i first played com and saw the trailer for kh2 i figured that they would paired like that but with what they both were revealed to be (not to mention how little roxas is in the game) it didnt occur to me that at the end of it all the two would meet up and be all buddy. idk it just seemed forced and is one those really dumb plot lines in the kh series that will never be expanded upon in any way other then side ways (adding more but explaining less).

CCs_No1_Fanboy

They were both born from Sora's body, they are both Nobodies who are fighting against Orgy13, their true selves like eachother...it just all adds up. I dont see it as anything romantic, just the two of them becoming complete after so many had failed.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
They needed to base their token het pairing being SoKai and since they fail with that, they use whatever means at their disposal. First it was SoNami by saying it's supposedly to base SoKai post CoM, and now, RokuNami and even Xion.
I do agree with you, Xaniagan, that they barely met. And Days ties in with KH2 to show just how much Namine doesn't really care. Yes, she was sad Roxas and Xion had to "go away" but she's the one that said it had to happen to Diz and Riku. She's the one that decided to go along with it. She's the one that told Roxas he wasn't meant to exist.

Riku and Diz aren't the only ones who'd stop at nothing to bring Sora back, and the ending scene was most likely Namine doing whatever she could to cling onto existence, by having a part of Sora remember she existed inside Kairi but not quite Kairi.

Messed up all around but I do like this side of her too.

zhill05

I agree with a lot of people about Namine not really caring about Roxas. At first I had the idea that Roxas and Namine would have the type of relationship that Sora and Kairi had throughout the series. After playing through Days, at least to me, it seemed more like that role with Roxas was given to Xion. As I played through it, the story from Days only added to this idea, particularly when Roxas and Xion brought each other seashells when they were unconscious for a period of time. It kind of makes me wonder what will happen between the two if they happen to appear in KH3, whether they will be together, or if they will be no more than acquaintances.

zhill05

I understand. Even though then aren't officially couples, they might as well be considering how close they are to one another. As Riku pointed out to Xion that Sora cares a lot about Kairi. And in the end Kairi really wanted to see Sora in KH2.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
And yet if you put the "reunion" between Sora and Kairi up against the SoRiku reunions in each game (yes, even KH1 where he walked towards Riku as opposed to staying put with Kairi), and the SoNami "reunion" in CoM/Re:CoM, you realize Sora and Kairi's relationship is somewhat lacking. And before you tell me that's how he is with the girl he likes, he OFFICIALLY saw Namine as more than a friend and was hardly shy and awkward around her.

.:Mega:.

Awards
Aaaaand that's why I don't like SoKai!

Well, actually, I just find SoKai overly cliche and predictable, not to mention forced, and I think Kairi would be a much better character if the writers let her interact with more than just Sora for long periods of time. I adore her still, buuut... Yeah. The Kairi at the VERY beginning of KH1 shows what I like... that spunky girl who's a bit of a tease. I'd like to see more of that from her.

And Namine was great until KH2, IMO. Her interest in Roxas made no sense other than the fact that they're both Nobodies. Nothing about Sora's promise was mentioned at all except in Final Mix, and even then it was just vague. :c

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Kairi at the VERY beginning of KH1 shows what I like... that spunky girl who's a bit of a tease. I'd like to see more of that from her.

Here's to hoping KH2 didn't kill it dead.

And Namine was great until KH2, IMO. Her interest in Roxas made no sense other than the fact that they're both Nobodies.

It does, actually, seeing if left alone, Roxas quite likely wouldn't have just fused back into Sora on his own. And could've possibly been kidnapped along the way had she not have helped him to regain his Keyblade.

Nothing about Sora's promise was mentioned at all except in Final Mix, and even then it was just vague. :c

Ugh, tell me about it. But he DID mention the promise - and right in what could've been his last moments, too. Certainly didn't think about Kairi then.
Let's just hope they'll do a bit more with this in the future than bring Namine back as a plot device though.

Satoshi

I think the relationship between Naminé and Roxas has been run through the romance-o-matic for obvious reasons. Nomura wanted a little more romance and who better then the two protagonists that resemble Sora and Kairi? That'd be fun, right?

Xaniagan

omg smile you have my head spinning with all of you sokai roxamine soriku stuff lol

i agree that none of them are couples and in truth its hard to "pair" any of them because every "friendship" in these games seem to border on sexually awkward, ya know?

anyways i do have to agree that its a shame what they did with namine (not so much kairi i took it as her growing up and how you would after having you home blown up, loosing your "heart" which was used by a witch and the ghost of a mad man to destroy the universe and knowing your "friends" are lost across said universe coupled in with everyday life) I really do wish that she never went back into kairi... in fact i dont even remember her "dying".

when it comes to Xion I kind of wish she was not in the series at all i would have personally like a story with roxas finding namine and the two secretly trying to take down the organization all in the limited time she has to wake up sora and evading Diz and Riku. now that would have made for an interesting game imo but sadly everything has to tie into BBS which is starting to make me dislike the idea of that game as well.

i guess in all honesty i was just letting msg boards, youtube tributes and my foggy memory get the best of me with this roxamine situation lol

Muse

you look atrocious
i would have personally like a story with roxas finding namine and the two secretly trying to take down the organization all in the limited time she has to wake up sora and evading Diz and Riku. now that would have made for an interesting game imo but sadly everything has to tie into BBS which is starting to make me dislike the idea of that game as well.

Uh, why? :v

They have the same goals as them: Restore Sora, defeat the Organization.

Why would they be evading them?

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
When, you think about it, the pairing you just said are more friendship than love. I may have be together alot in my stories (Not Soriku, I don't support yoai; yuri a soft side), but they're friends, and that's one of the things KH is about, friendship. I hope a scene when Riku jokes about Sora and Kairi is in KH3, that would make my day. In fact, keep a eye out for my KH3 story here and Fanfiction.

Xaniagan

Uh, why? :v

They have the same goals as them: Restore Sora, defeat the Organization.

Why would they be evading them?

hmmm maybe i should have been more clear :p

what i meant was they would work together behind the scenes to destroy the organization from the inside before Sora ever wakes up but without DiZ or Riku knowing mainly because they only saw one outcome (which may well be the only outcome) and thats capturing roxas and fusing him back with Sora (which also now that we have days that makes little to no sense to me because it was Xion and not Roxas who was halting Soras progress so in theory roxas could have remained separate from sora all of KH2) but if they succeeded then Sora and Riku could have theoretically gone home when Sora woke up (and Malefacint would never have returned and who knows what other events may not have come to pass). In the long run of course they would have failed probably because of DiZ and Rikus intervening and then you would have KH2 but Roxas and Namines main goals would have been the elimination of the Nobodies (think of it as one of those "its our fight now yours" situations) AND the restoration of Sora which would have been a final means to an end (destroying themselves finishes the circle) its more of a selfless story then a whiny, ditzy one. In my mind thats what days and the relationship between Roxas and Namine should have been. Hopefully you understand what i meant this time :)

Muse

you look atrocious
(which also now that we have days that makes little to no sense to me because it was Xion and not Roxas who was halting Soras progress so in theory roxas could have remained separate from sora all of KH2)

Uh, no they couldn't. :/ Because then they wouldn't have completed their goal of restoring Sora to normal. Even if his memories were restored, he still wouldn't be whole and hence still needed to fuse with Roxas ASAP.

In the long run of course they would have failed probably because of DiZ and Rikus intervening

One thing: DiZ can't do anything by himself. xD;; That's why he makes Riku do everything for him. And seeing as how they'd need Namine to be there to restore Sora's memories (one reason why I can't see this happening), I'm pretty sure Riku would've gone on to help them.

AND the restoration of Sora which would have been a final means to an end (destroying themselves finishes the circle)

Yeah, but here's one more thing.

Roxas didn't care about restoring Sora at all. Doing so would eliminate his existence, and seeing as how his entire story is about trying to find a reason for his existence and protect it... Kinda counter-productive, dontcha think? xD;;

And with Namine... it wasn't so much the destruction of the Organization that she wanted, but rather to make things up to Sora after mindfucking him in CoM. And fixing his memories was the only way she could do that. Besides which, I would think Namine would have to be in close proximity to be able to do that. I don't think that Namine, if she were in TWTNW, would be capable of fixing Sora's memories while he's in TLTN. Furthermore, I also don't think that she'd be so willing to leave him alone either.

Hopefully you understand what i meant this time :)

I do.

Though really, all you had to say was that DiZ and Riku would try to make Sora become whole by fusing him together with Roxas right then and there. :/

Which wouldn't have worked either, as I think they said his memories needed to be fixed first. Hence the whole week in virtual TLTN. xD;;

I don't mean to rain on your parade so much. It's just... well, frankly, I don't see it happening. :/

Xaniagan

Umm Arliya I understand what your saying especially with the Roxas having to rejoin Sora to make him whole HOWEVER you have to understand that my post was completely hypothetical and how I would have made days so really theres no way of arguing how someone else would have made the story. but to point out your qualms:

I realize DiZ doesnt do anything by himself nor did I ever say he did thats why I clearly said DiZ and Riku. :/

Its never stated how far away Namine has to be to manipulate soras memories but because she was able to take the memories from Xion while she was all over the place I can assume that she does not need to be in the same world.

When it comes to roxas I realize that its out of character the way I saw him (except for the day 357 where he was going to stop the organization but anyways) which was more like Sora, a selfless character, his own existence would be kind of back burner but thats not the way it is so it doesnt really matter.

lastly you didnt get what i was saying at all it had near to nothing to do with DiZ and Riku trying to fuse Sora and Roxas back together (which was what happened anyways) it was about how Roxas and Namine would work together selflessly to bring an end to the Organization while fixing sora. and you dont have to see it happening its an alternate story and not the actual one so it wont happen.

Anyways this is all offtopic so..

Muse

you look atrocious
I realize DiZ doesnt do anything by himself nor did I ever say he did thats why I clearly said DiZ and Riku. :/

Which is why I said Riku would've helped Namine and Roxas. To elaborate, Riku wants Sora to be restored as soon as possible. To do that, he would need both Namine AND Roxas. But if he goes and nabs Roxas to help restore Sora back to normal, that runs the chance of scaring Namine off and thus hindering Sora's restoration process. In the end, it's all but counter-productive and if Riku ever wants Sora to be restored, he'd go along with them.

All I'm saying. :/

Its never stated how far away Namine has to be to manipulate soras memories but because she was able to take the memories from Xion while she was all over the place I can assume that she does not need to be in the same world.

Actually, Xion was the one taking memories here. :/

Also, even if that isn't the case, I don't think Namine would want to leave Sora alone either. Considering how all throughout the year he was asleep, she looked after him, I don't think if given the opportunity to go on this mission with Roxas she would accept.

Another thing to think about is this: Namine would be safer in the basement of the mansion looking after Sora than she would be going on a mission with Roxas to destroy the Organization. By going with Roxas, there runs the risk of 1) Namine being incapacitated and hence unable to fix Sora's memories, 2) Namine being recaptured by the Organization which would have the same result, or 3) Both of them being eliminated. Which would, once again, yield the same result.

Especially since Namine's not a fighter, it really wouldn't make sense why she would go. Why would she be there? Yeah, if we say she wants the Organization destroyed, then sure. But if we look at CoM, Namine chose to stay behind when Sora went off to fight Marluxia because she knew she'd be in the way. Granted, it didn't work out in the end but still. :v With such a dangerous mission such as that, I really don't see why she would.

lastly you didnt get what i was saying at all it had near to nothing to do with DiZ and Riku trying to fuse Sora and Roxas back together (which was what happened anyways) it was about how Roxas and Namine would work together selflessly to bring an end to the Organization while fixing sora.

And you didn't get what I was saying either. :v

I said that there would have been no need to avoid DiZ and Riku at all, since they had the same goals. In response, you simply could've said that DiZ and Riku could've tried to fuse Roxas together with Sora to make him whole instead of typing out that entire scenario. :/

and you dont have to see it happening its an alternate story and not the actual one so it wont happen.

Well duh.

I'm just saying that I find it too far-fetched to consider it as a 'what could have been' story for Days. :v

For the sake of being on topic, I'll say that the RokuNami reunion was put there to base SoKai. :I Even though it's really ridiculous as they've had barely any interaction at all and what interaction they do have goes like this:

Namine: You weren't ever meant to exist. D<
Roxas: :C

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back