• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Roadtrip!(Revised, and new in the flesh!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathkeeper33

Hey guys!

Haven't been here in half a year. And my writing has jumped a few sky levels. My goal? Knock Pickle off her feet.

So here we are! Roadtrip!

Chapter one: If I ever forget...

He ran a careless hand through his spiky brown hair, lying on his bed.

"Why didn't I tell her...?" He mumbled to himself, staring at his ceiling.

But then his phone rang, a text message awaiting his presence, and then, with the pouring rain outside his small house, he smiled. Only because the text message said, 'I love you.'

He ran out the door and sprinted to her house, but as he saw the moving truck roll away down the peaceful street, he cursed himself.

‘Idiot! Why did you let her leave?!’
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sora! Sora you lazy bum, get up!" His friend shouted, shaking him violently.

"Ah! I'm up, I'm up! Relax Riku! Now what's the matter?" Sora murmured, rubbing his eyes.

"It's Kairi! She's coming back!"

"She what?! Stop fooling with me, Riku.”

"I’m not kidding you. I know it’s hard to believe…after all, it’s been five years."

“Weird. Well, I’m heading out. Keep me posted. See ya tomorrow.”

Sora left the beach slowly, rowing his small, decrypt, wooden boat towards the shore of town. He watched as his house snuck silently onto the horizon ahead, and as he gazed into the never ending twilight, he uttered four words, “I love you too.”

Riku shook his head, sending the water from his hair, and onto the sand. He gazed into the twilight, setting a gentle hand on his knee. He stood after a few moments, holding his wooden sword in his right hand. Wading into the water, he heard a quiet, almost silent, splash behind him and spun around, hitting an off-guard Tidus, and he fell into the water. Riku sighed, putting a bandaged hand to his forehead. He held out his other hand to his friend helping him up.

“So Kairi’s coming back huh?” Tidus asked, flinching as Riku raised his hand up onto the top of the small boys head.

“Yeah. Sora really missed her you know. He waited five years. I don’t think I’d last that long.” Riku said, removing his hand. He held his wooden sword again now, using it as a walking stick.

He chuckled as he heard successive splashing on a young girl’s incoming, and as she jumped on Tidus, Yuna wrapped her thin arms around her lover. Tidus tip his head back and kissed her, running a gentle hand through her brown hair. Yuna took him down to the ground and began kissing him repeatedly on the water’s surface. Riku twitched his eye and raised one eyebrow.

“Hey, you two. Keep it G rated while Riku is in the water. I’m leavin’ now anyways.”

They hardly acknowledged this comment, and continued on as Riku stepped onto the white sand of his favorite beach. He didn’t have too long to admire it though, as Alana, his girlfriend, tackled him and took him down to the sand. They embraced for a moment, and Riku thought warmly, ‘This day rocks.’

Sora threw himself on his bed, flipping his phone open and tapping the AIM button. Hopefully Kairi still had the same screen name. He scouted for her screen name, and, sure enough, there it was. He clicked on it, opening a chat window.

Oathkeeper289: Kairi?

Heart-of-light653: Sora?! Oh my god! I haven’t talked to you in ages!

Oathkeeper289: Yeah! Is it true? Are you coming back?

Heart-of-light653: Yeah!! My dad just got a job transfer! We’re going to live there for the rest of our lives!

Oathkeeper289: Oh God! That’s awesome! When are you back?

Heart-of-light653: Tomorrow, actually. Around three.

Oathkeeper289: Great! I can’t wait to see you! I’m gonna go. Lylas!

Heart-of-light653: Lylab! Bye!

Oathkeeper289 has signed off.

Sora was so excited that he nearly threw his phone. The girl he loved was coming home, and was never going to leave! Could this night get any better? Sora walked downstairs and to the door, but was surprised that the doorknob turned before he touched it.

“Surprise!” Sora’s mom and step-dad yelled as he stepped onto the deck.

Sora followed their finger’s directions, revealing a black BMW, sitting in the drive way. He swore his mouth dropped to the ground. He turned to his parents.

“You trying to bribe me?” He asked with a smile, his step-dad throwing him the keys.

“Is it working?” His step-dad asked, with his famous lop-sided smile.

“Pretty much.”

Sora jumped in the car and put the keys into the ignition, rolling down the window.

“I’m taking her for a test drive,” He said with a grin, “Y’know, a good test to be sure she’s working right.”

His parents just smiled and waved and Sora drove off to Riku’s.

“OH MY GOD!” Riku shouted, staring wide-eyed at Sora’s new automobile.

“Shut up and get in.” Sora said, “What’s a test drive without your best friend?”

Riku laughed at this, jumping into the car. He glanced frantically around the car, stealing a laugh from Sora.

“Oh yeah. It’s flawless.”

Sora started the car, taking off down the vacant street.

Kairi finished packing, glancing at the conversation she and Sora had had, which was still open on her lap-top. She smiled at it, opening the menu and saving it. She remembered what he had said on the day she left now, more than ever, as she began reminiscing.

FLASHBACK

“Sora, come on! I have to leave!” A young Kairi yelled, dragging the young boy through the water and onto shore.

“Kairi…I need to talk to you about something.” Sora said, his face a tint of pink.

“What?” she asked, her face only inches from his now.

“Um…forget it. When you get back to Destiny Islands, remind me and I’ll tell you!”

“And If you forget what you were going to say?”

“Kiss me.”

She hugged him.

“Deal.”

END FLASHBACK

She smiled at her fond memory. ‘I hope he forgot what to say!’

Here Ends Chapter One

Okay, my new updating system will hopefully be better, but I will try to update EVERY Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday! I will post delays in the schedule, but expect them on time!

Thanks guys!

Oathkeeper33

Snowy!!!! I mished you!=] And KH2, you've bee na fan of my other stories! You both rock!!!

Okay, CHAPPY TIME!

Chapter two: Mad scramble!

Sora slipped ungracefully on the party streamers, falling face first on the ground. He rubbed his nose frantically, standing up quickly and putting up the, “oh so fancy”, in Selphie’s words of course, “Welcome home” banner. Riku and Alana walked into the room with groceries and drinks and set them on the table and then turned to Sora.

“You almost done?” Riku asked, eyebrow raised.

“Yeah, more or less,” Sora said, now eyeing more party streamers on the floor, which, to be honest, he did not know he had, “well, actually…”

“You’re done. Besides, it looks great!” Alana said, throwing the streamers into the trash barrel, making a successful basket.

Riku kissed her cheek, and she inched him to the couch, where she pushed him down and began taking off his shirt, while kissing him.

“Uh…guys? Can we please wait till I’m out of the room?” Sora asked, sweat dropping.

Riku grunted a “no” and Sora ran from the room. He came upon the snacks and began pouring and organizing,

Once finished, he glanced to the clock. It was only mid-night, and Sora’s parents okayed the party with Kairi’s, without telling Kairi of course, so that they could party all night long. He flipped on the T.V. and drifted to sleep. What’s the hurt in a small nap anyways? He had three whole hours.

Riku pulled his shirt back on. He sighed, helping Alana with her undergarments, then rubbing his sore back. He cracked the door a little to see where Sora was, only to find him asleep on the couch. He shrugged, it wasn’t a bad idea. They were going to be up ALL night anyhow. He lied down on the couch and set his watch alarm, then pulled Alana down onto it as well. He kissed her cheek, drifting into slumber.

Tidus was with Yuna, helping with the present organization. He and Yuna found the gifts for Kairi, while Selphie and Wakka got party outfits for the whole gang. Tidus had his arm around Yuna, while they strolled through the reading section of the store. Tidus spotted an interesting book, and picked it up with his free hand. He flipped it over and read the summary.

It read as follows: “When Hikari’s childhood friend, Sakura, returns to their hometown, he and his best friend take their girlfriends with them and go on a road trip. While seeing the sights, Hikari starts to fall for her, but will his feelings ever be realized?”

Tidus grinned. Perfect for Sora and Kairi! He gave it to Yuna, who nodded in approval, and they pushed the cart to the checkout counter. After being checked out, Tidus hopped in the car, but not before opening the door for his lover. He kissed her cheek and they began to drive home.

“Holy shit…” Alana said, drooling at Riku’s party outfit. He had blue jeans, a vest, and a ragged white glove on his left hand. (A.N. Basically it’s his KH2 outfit. Sora’s will be his KH2 outfit as well. Tidus will have his FFX outfit, and Yuna will have her FFX-2 outfit.) Alana wore a white tank top and khaki’s with the part of the left leg ripped off, glistening crystal anklets reflecting the dim lights. Riku kissed her, and between kisses he said, “You look very beautiful.”

Sora put his outfit on quickly, putting a hat on backwards. The hat was black, and had a halo on it. When he got to the bottom of the steps Tidus and Yuna were dressed, and Selphie wore a dress that was pink, with her hair curled slightly. Wakka wore a sideways hat with shorts and a torn t-shirt. Sora stole a quick glance at the clock which read 2:45. He turned to everyone and out of his large red pockets, came a few CD’s. Selphie took them and put them in the stereo. They began preparing for Kairi’s arrival, and the plan was made.

Selphie would take Kairi upstairs while everyone else hid, to get her dressed, and when she came back Sora would jump out first and hug her, (Selphie arranged this for her own enjoyment, go figure.) and then Sora would lead Kairi to the living room where everybody would jump out and the party would start. Kairi’s outfit was a sorter pink dress that went to her knees. It was decorated on the shoulders with small sequins that were silver, and the dress had angel wings on the back of it, and came with pink high heels. A halo-hat came with it and, even when examined closely, seemed to actually float above one’s head.

“Guys! She’s here! Hide!” Riku yelled, running for the couch.

Sora chose to go inside closet, door slightly opened, just enough to see what was going on, and everyone else had hidden in an average of 2 minutes. Perfect timing. Kairi knocked on the door and Selphie opened it, leading her up the stairs. It took about 3 minutes, and then they came downstairs. Sora was so shocked that he almost missed the signal to come out. She was beautiful! He jumped out and embraced her, grinning widely, and she returned it.

“You look great.” Sora said, blushing slightly.

“Not as good as you!” Kairi said, standing on her tip-toes and kissing his cheek.

Sora lead her into the living room, and everyone jumped out, yelling, “SURPRISE!” Kairi was so surprised that she nearly fell over. She would have, but Sora caught her. She smiled at him and he smiled back, letting her to her feet. She blushed and hugged everybody, while Riku laughed at Sora.

“Hahaha…she likes you!”

“She does not! It was just…uhm…a greeting! Yeah, that’s it! A greeting!” Sora argued.

“He’s right!” Kairi said to Riku, glaring playfully at him.

Sora lowered his head. He had actually wanted her to prove him wrong. Little did Sora know, Kairi was wishing the same thing.

“Let’s play Karaoke!!” Selphie yelled, holding a microphone in her hand, “I’ll pick the people to go first and I’ll pick the song. Sora and Kairi! You guys go first! The song is “Far Away” By Nickelback!”

Sora and Kairi blushed, stepping onto the plastic platform,(Comes with the karaoke set.) and each grabbed their microphone.

SONG TIME! (If you have the song, feel free to sing along!)

Kairi: This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait?

Sora: Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
'Cause you know,
you know, you know

Both: That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
and you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore

Sora: On my knees, I'll ask
Last chance for one last dance
'Cause with you, I'd withstand
All of hell to hold your hand

Kairi:I'd give it all
I'd give for us
Give anything but I won't give up
'Cause you know,
you know, you know

Both: That I love you
And I miss you
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
and you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore

Sora: So far away

Kairi: So far away

Both: But you know, you know, you know

Sora: I wanted
I wanted you to stay
'Cause I needed
I need to hear you say
That I love you
And I forgive you
For being away for far too long

Kairi: So keep breathing
'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it
Hold on to me and, never let me go

Sora: Keep breathing
'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it

Kairi: Keep breathing

Sora: Keep breathing

Both: Hold on to me and, never let me go

When the music faded, their eyes met, and they exchanged a smile. Sora reached for her hand and she gave it to him, and they walked outside, everybody partying far too hard to notice. They sat on the bench outside and Sora looked into Kairi’s cerulean eyes. Before he knew it, he was lost in them. She was having the same problem when finally Sora said, “Hey…Kairi? Do you like me?”

“No.” She responded simply, scooting closer to him as he hung his head. “I love you.”

Sora bolted up right and looked at her eyes. She wasn’t lying. But, before he was lost in them again, they closed and Kairi brought her lips to his in a gently, yet passionate, kiss. Everybody from the party was looking at this through the window, and Kairi grabbed the shades and pulled it down. They parted after what seemed to be hours, and re-entered the party.

Everyone slept at Sora’s that night, and his parents slept at Kairi’s house. Sora put his sleeping bag next to Kairi’s and Kairi got into her sleeping bag and snuggled up next to Sora. He put his arms around her, and drifted off to sleep.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Karaoke...?

Still too blunt, far too much telling, not enough showing. Yada yada. You're still stuck in the generic romance story architype, too, something you should really expand upon. Realism couldn't hurt, either. People aren't typically so dramatic, as I'm sure you know.

Of course, I hate fanfictions, so I'm biased. Eh.

~Dorian Gray

Oathkeeper33

Sorry for the delay. With school and what not, my writing time has been cut fairly short. I'm doing two updates tonight. Here's the first.

Chapter three: Roadtrip!

Sora hung up the phone and smiled at Kairi who was sitting on the couch, reading her new book.

“Did they okay it?” Kairi asked, now standing up.

“Yeah! We leave tomorrow!” Sora exclaimed, hugging Kairi while the noise woke up Riku and Alana.

“Wha…?” Riku muttered, obviously still half-asleep.

Sora ran a hand through his chocolate brown hair, frustrated at having to say it again.

“We’re going on a road trip! Us four in my car, and Tidus, Yuna, Selphie, and Wakka in Tidus’ car! We’re leaving tomorrow.”

“Okay…” Alana said, falling back to sleep on top of Riku.

Sora and Kairi went to each others’ houses to help pack, then had lunch.

“So where are we going?” Kairi asked, holding her sandwich in her right hand.

“I was thinking Twilight Town, then to the Coliseum.” Sora said, after swallowing a mouthful of sandwich.

“That’ll take like, three weeks. Sounds perfect.” Kairi said with a smile.

They finished their lunch and went to the store, since they were in charge of the food. They got tons of food and everyone compiled their cash for the expenses.

“We’re short $100.” Sora frowned.

“Not quite,” His step-dad said, laying five $100 bills on the table, “That should cover it, right?”

Sora hugged his step-dad and nodded. It was all set, the food, money, clothing, entertainment, (Both cars had TV’s in them.) and the music. Sora laid down the schedule. All of the teens had bought cell phones(except for Sora and Kairi who them already), and if one party was going to stop, so did everyone. They all programmed each other’s numbers and pictures into their phones, and then returned to their respective houses. Everyone stayed at the house of their respective driver.

“So we finally get off this island huh?” Riku said, putting down his checker piece, “King me.”

“What? Damn! Yeah, I guess so,” Sora said, putting the piece on top of the other piece.

Kairi and Alana were eating dinner, while Riku and Sora continued their game of “intense” checkers.

“The boys are so easily entertained.” Alana said, rolling her eyes as Sora flipped the board in frustration and he and Riku began wrestling.

“You got that right,” Kairi said with a giggle as Sora was thrown over the couch and onto the floor.

Sora cursed and jumped back over the couch and back at Riku, who was sent spiraling into Sora’s room.

“Well…that takes care of that,” Sora said, pocketing the prize money.

Alana rolled her eyes and went to get Riku. Kairi walked over and grabbed the money out of his pocket and began running away.

“Hey-Kairi!” Sora yelled, chasing her. They ran in circles and Kairi tripped, and Sora caught her. He took his money and threw it behind him and began kissing her. Riku snuck in and grabbed the cash fleeing for Sora’s room again.

After the whole schpheal, Sora and Kairi lied down on his bed and fell asleep, as Riku and Alana did the same, except on the floor.

The alarm went off at 7:30, as planned, and Sora sat up slowly. He rubbed the sleepys from his eyes. He kissed Kairi and said, “Wake up, it’s time to go.”

She sat up and rubbed her eyes, muttering, “Already?”

“Yep. Already.” Sora said, pulling on a shirt. He dropped a ball on Riku’s head and said, “Get up you lazy bum.”

Riku opened his eyes, rubbing his forehead. He shook Alana gently, who was clinging to his lower abdomen. Sora threw Riku a shirt, and grabbed his own jacket-shirt. He descended his narrow stairs to the kitchen, grabbing the keys from the counter. Kairi followed in suit, along with Riku and Alana a few moments later. They all got in the car and drove off to Tidus’ place.

Yuna woke first, flicking Tidus’ head with her pointer finger. He opened his eyes slowly and said, “What? Is it time already?”

“Yeah,” Yuna said, kissing him warmly before getting out of bed, “Now get dressed, I’ll meet you downstairs.”

Tidus threw a shoe at Wakka which woke Selphie, who was on top of him, as well.

“When did you two get together?” Tidus laughed, pulling his pants on.

“Uhm…last night.” Selphie said, making circles on Wakka’s bare chest with her index finger.

Tidus rolled his eyes and went downstairs, finding Yuna talking with Kairi and Sora.

“Where’re Riku and Alana?” Tidus asked, eyebrow raised.

“In the car, sleeping.” Sora said, a chuckle added at the end of the sentence.

Kairi had her head resting on his shoulder, and Sora had his arm around her. Selphie would have loved this. Sora and Kairi returned to the car and Tidus went to go and check on Selphie and Wakka. He found them asleep again and sighed.

“What am I gonna do with you two?”

Riku was still asleep, praise god almighty, and Sora had started the driving. In the other car Tidus had started the drive, seeing as how Wakka had been out blind cold when they had planned to leave. Tidus and Wakka were the only ones old enough to drive, (Yuna with her temps, and Selphie who, for some odd reason, hadn’t wanted to get hers.)

Meanwhile, in car RAKS…

“You okay, hun?” Kairi cooed softly from the passenger’s seat next to Sora.

“Yeah, just a little nervous is all.” Came Sora’s shaky reply.

“I’ll drive.” Riku slurred from the back, obviously having just risen from slumber.

“No.” Sora interjected.

“Sora, come on. You’re nervous. We’ve been driving for three hours. It’s eleven,” Kairi reasoned softly, as to not wake Alana in the back seat, “there’s a lot more distance to cover. Riku’d drive eventually anyhow.”

Sora pondered, his eyes on the road. Then he gave his phone to Kairi. She smiled widely at him, and dialed Tidus’ number.

“Hey shorty?” Kairi spoke into the phone, “Pull over in the next gas stop.”

Okay, make sure to review!

*Scurries off to write next chapter*

Oathkeeper33

Okay, I'm gonna do a Mini-stop, which is a shorter, no point chapter, which is sort of funny. Here you are!

Chapter 5: Mini-stop! (Are you Kidding?)

Car TYSW…

Tidus turned into the gas station expertly, drifting into the parking spot next to the pump. Yuna got out and stretched, yawning, and walked over to her boyfriend with the credit card each car was given for gas money.

She swiped it quickly, and Tidus could tell she’d done it before. ‘But hell,’ he thought, ‘she was a girl.’ Wakka woke up gently, and by sitting up, Selphie woke too, as she was leaning on him for support during her rest.

They got out and bought some snacks, and then Tidus went to talk to Sora.

“How’re you guys holding up?” Tidus asked, eyebrow perked slightly.

“Pretty well,” Sora smiled, “But it’s Riku’s turn to drive, so that could change pretty quickly.”

Tidus laughed, the replied, “You think he’s bad? It’s Wakka’s turn to drive!”

They both shared a large amount of laughter. Tidus then turned back, after saying bye, to his car and walked back over.

Car RAKS…

“Alright!” Riku exclaimed, grasping the wheel firmly, “How long do I get to drive for?”

“Three hours,” Sora said through yawns, “Be careful with her Riku…”

“Oh I will.” Riku replied, with a hardly angelic expression on his face.

Kairi slapped her forehead and looked to see Sora’s reaction, but he was already fast asleep. Riku drove slowly out of the gas station, then onto the highway, which was a lot smoother of a transfer than even Sora could have made. Kairi decided to lie down next to Sora, and drift to sleep as well.

Riku adjusted his mirror at the stop light, seeing that Tidus’ car had stopped moving. His eyes shot wide open as he saw two figures touching closely through what looked to be more than the mouth. Alana saw his expression and immediately asked, “What is it?”

“Oh nothing…” Riku responded, then added under his breath, “I really hope Selphie and Wakka are asleep.”

Riku sent Tidus a text message that he was stopping at the McDonald’s that was on the corner of the intersection, and that when they were done they could meet there. He shook Sora and Kairi gently, telling them to get out of the car, and to get some food in their stomachs.

“What the…” Sora started, looking around him, “where’s the others?”

Alana and Kairi were absorbed in music conversation, so Riku mouthed, “Tidus and Yuna” and made a hand gesture even Sora could have understood. A finger into a hole.

“What the hell?!” Sora said in a harsh whisper, “With Selphie and Wakka in the car?! You gotta be kidding me!”

Riku swallowed hard and looked at him nervously, shaking his head no. Sora blushed a huge shade of red, and he shared Riku’s sympathy for the two young ones.

Review please!XD

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Lol, McDonalds. I can't picture them all wandering in there! XD Gives me an idea for some fanart.

Anyway, the chapters are entertaining. But there are a few grammatical errors, and not too much description.

I like the pace, it moves quickly which is nice. <3

Keep up the work. No abandoning, 'kay? :3

Oathkeeper33

Kay. I'm working on chappy six now. It's a real one. No mini stop.

So yeah, hopefully KH2 playa ( I had to like, rearrange his name to abbrieveate it) comes and reviews. Thanks snowy.=3

Texkia26

I do believe I read this the first time you posted.

Anyway, it's a very good story and I like it alot. Keep up the good work :D

Oathkeeper33

Aieeeee.

Sorry guys. I had mid term exams.

I won't abandon this. It's turning out pretty well. =]

So yeah, no Worries Snowy.=3

I'll try and update this weekend. Sorry for the delay.=[

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Mm. Delayed reaction.

...I haven't been blown off my feet. My feet haven't shown signs of moving, and there are two reasons.

1) I don't remember you. At all. And I probably won't look you up.

2) This fic is very poorly written.

This isn't at all realistic, there's no description, the fundamentals of writing have been completely abandoned, and there's really no point except to live your dreams out via some OC and write your own little fantasies of SoKai out on this forum.

But I hate fan fiction. So maybe my opinion doesn't apply here.

Occured to me that I was being singled out or something. Thought I'd drop by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back