• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku VS Robin

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

keybladeofhonor

I was wathing Teen Titans and trying to think of a good match up,when I relized that Robin would be perfect.So,I present the newest VS thread,Riku VS Robin!

Riku grew up on the Destiney Islands,and was always trying to reach "the outside world".With the help of Ansem,the Seeker of Darkness,he left his home,although he was possesed by Ansem.Eventualy,Sora managed to free him,and he chose to stay behind with the King to close the Door to Darkness.Latter,he was able to defeat Ansem,seemingly for good,in Castle Oblivion.After the events of C.O.,he helped the real Ansem and Namine to restore Sora's memory,and helped him defeat the Organization.
Born Dick Grayson,Robin was an acrobat in the cirus,along with his parents the Flying Graysons.However,the act was sabotaged and his parents were killed.Now an orphan,he was adopted by Bryce wayne,and was one of the few to discover that he was Batman.He was trained by Batman,but eventualy left to fight crime on his own in Jump City.While there,he met Beast Boy,Cyborg,and Raven while dealing with a rouge alien.They chose to help her against her persuers,during which they became a formidable team.Afterwards,they became the Teen Titans,and defended Jump City from several vilains.
We will be looking at Riku before his transformation and Robin when he is with the Teen Tians

Martial Skill

Riku had no proper training,but showed great skill with his sword and,eventualy,his keyblade.It is possible that he played with wooden swords while on the Islands,which would help him some.
Robin was trained by Batman and latter the True Master.As such,he has shown incredible skill with bo-stavs,swords,and thrown weapons such as his birdarangs.Also,since he was origanly an acrobat,he shows great speed and agility.While Riku is a great fighter,considering his lack of any training,Robin is obviously the better fighter.Robin gets the edge.

Magic Skill

This is where Robin loses his edge.Even though Riku only uses Dark Firagua,Robin has no magic whatsoever.Riku gets the edge.

Physical Capabilities/Handicaps

Both Riku and Robin are in great shape,but as mentioned before,Robin is faster and more agile,due to his intense training .Also,while he's human,he constantly has to fight super-powered vilains.Robin gets the edge.

Equipment

Riku can use the keyblade,but since this is before his transformation,he uses the Soul Eater.Robin uses a bo-staff,birdarangs,explossive discs(including electric and freeze discs),and,by combining two birdarangs,a sword.
While Riku's sword would cut through the bo-staff,Robin's sword is longer,and has two sharpened edges,while Riku's has one.Also,Riku either cant or doesnt shoot anything out of either his sword of keyblade,unlike other keyblade weilders.This puts him at a great disadvantage against Robin's explosive discs.Robin gets the edge.

Special Abilities

In case of emergency,Riku uses Dark Aura,a devestating combination of magic and physical attacks.
Robin doesnt have any special attacks,but would have no problem dodging Dark Aura.However,this is based on special abilities,not dodging them.Riku gets the edge.

The Verdict

It could be argued that Riku was the Robin of KH,but he doesnt have the same skills as Robin.While Riku has some definate advantages,Robin easily conters them.His discs are more than a match for Riku's magic,and as mentioned before,he could dodge Dark Aura.Howerver,there are two more things to consider.First,is his ability to transform into "Ansem".While this is neat,Riku only uses this when he ABSOLUTLY needs to,and Robin wouldnt give him enough time to do it anyways.Second is Riku's defensive magic.This is his greatest advantage against Robin,but after it fades,he's vulnerable for several seconds,something Robin would exploit.I declare Robin the winner.This is just my opinion,feel free to add yours,along with any other battles you'd like to see.Until then,may the Keyblade be with you.

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
wow, very relatable, this thought has def crossed my mind. yup, good post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back