• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RIKU ISn'T A VILLIAN!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothic_Donald

Website
www.myspace.com
In Kingdom Hearts 1 Riku isn't a villian he is an anti-hero. There are also suspesions of Riku giving into the darkness because he was jealous of Sora, but that probably is not entirely true so if you all want to expand discussion on that be my guess but thier is a difference between Anti-Hero and Villian.

SOLDIER Cloud

Bronze Member
I would disagree, he tried to KILL Sora when he had no weapon (before Goofy jumped in front of him with his shield) He was a villain IMO.

toxin69

To me he was just really acting like a nobody cause he was so desperate to get Kairi back that he was willing to turn into the darkness and help ansem who he really didn't know at the time

darkriku101

Riku was never a villain he was only mad at Sora for forgetting about him and Kairi. Play Kh2 and you'll get ur answer.

Awards
Riku's not a villian, he was just risking everything to find Kairi and save her, even his friendship with Sora. Sora was just 'meddling' with that and getting in his way. ;) Also, Riku and Sora always had a rivalry, so maybe Riku just thought that Sora was going to beat him and save Kairi. ;) Or even destroying what Riku felt was the way to get Kairi back. And of course in Hollow Bastion Riku was seduced by darkness but was still 'good'.

SH_Brat

Xenhanort convinced Riku that darkness was the only way. After that, Maleficent continued to manipulate Riku. Telling him Sora had forgotten him and Kairi, that Sora made new friends, and that he enjoying seeing new worlds without him. Riku's hate and love for Kairi fed off these lies and soon, he fell straight into darkness. This is why Riku fought Sora the first time in Hollow Bastion. The second time, however it was Xenhanort who fought Sora, not Riku.

SOLDIER Cloud

Bronze Member
The first fight is when he tries to kill Sora, and he was RIKU in that fight, he had not taken the darkness yet. He was a villian.

SOLDIER Cloud

Bronze Member
I am glad you could bring up that fascinating point, so now I have 667, I was about to go to sleep too, and I never would have realized that.

YaibaTatsuJin

Website
www.myspace.com
Gothic_Donald said:
In Kingdom Hearts 1 Riku isn't a villian he is an anti-hero. There are also suspesions of Riku giving into the darkness because he was jealous of Sora, but that probably is not entirely true so if you all want to expand discussion on that be my guess but thier is a difference between Anti-Hero and Villian.

Your guess automatically became a fact. Anti-Hero is one of the aspects of making a story.

R

Riku's Dawn

shadows rise said:
He was not sure what side he was on thats all. And he wanted kiari back.
Wrong, he WANTED Kairi, that's all.He's anti-hero because otherwise, he wouldn't have protected Kairi, Donald and Goofy.

Nos Lived

Website
noslived.1up.com
SOLDIER Cloud said:
The first fight is when he tries to kill Sora, and he was RIKU in that fight, he had not taken the darkness yet. He was a villian.

No, he hadn't taken in the darkness. But he HAd been with maleficent, who poinsoned his mind with lies. That's why he faught Sora the first time.

The second time, it was actually "Ansem" controlling Riku's body.

SOLDIER Cloud

Bronze Member
NobodyImportant said:
I highly doubt he was trying to KILL Sora. Beat him, sure, but not kill him.

Did you see him shoot the energy ball at a defenseless Sora, after saying, Well will just see about that. Sora just said he would never die, and than Riku shot the blast and said will just see about that. HE WAS TRYING TO KILL HIM WITH THAT ATTACK.

I know Riku was a good guy in KH II, but at HB in KH he was a complete Villian, until you beat Xehanort.

R

Riku's Dawn

SOLDIER Cloud said:
Did you see him shoot the energy ball at a defenseless Sora, after saying, Well will just see about that. Sora just said he would never die, and than Riku shot the blast and said will just see about that. HE WAS TRYING TO KILL HIM WITH THAT ATTACK.

I know Riku was a good guy in KH II, but at HB in KH he was a complete Villian, until you beat Xehanort.
Sora didn't even get hit and reacted with an "Ahh!" and the words came out of his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back