• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Release Date of KH2 Final Mix+

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah. Like Hades and Z3120 said, it really wouldn't benefit Square at all if they released the game here. The only way way it would make them ANY money at all would be if they released Re:CoM and even then, not that many people would buy it due to 1. As Hades said, the fact that many people have imported, and 2. It would cost them more than they would make to do american voices and all that. So yeah. We're not getting it. End of story. If they had ANY plans of releasing it here, they would've released some info by now. Its been what, 4 months or so now?

MemoriesFading

well i see that ya'll have hope.i know chances are extremely slim but we don't even know the exact realease dates for 358/2,Birth by sleep,or coded.so nomura may gives us fm and makes us wait twice as long for the other games!WE NEVER KNOW SO HAVE AT LEAST A BIT OF HOPE!

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
i know chances are extremely slim but we don't even know the exact realease dates for 358/2,Birth by sleep,or coded.

So? What does that have to do with anything? The games haven't even been released in Japan yet. And they're BRAND NEW GAMES. Not like KH2FM.

so nomura may gives us fm and makes us wait twice as long for the other games!

Fail.

1. Nomura doesn't have any sort of input on the matter. It's not his decision, he's not involved in the localization process at all, I wouldn't be surprised if he was indifferent to the matter. The task of localizing the games belongs to NA SE, and the decision to release it here is up to SE's board of directors.

2. Focusing on a re-release of a relatively recent game on a dying console, rather than brand new games for current-gen consoles? Don't make laugh. Also, localization=/developing new games. They're perfectly capable of doing both at the same time (in fact, they DO indeed do both at the same time).

WE NEVER KNOW SO HAVE AT LEAST A BIT OF HOPE!

No, we do know. It's too late. SE missed their last chance at E3. It's not coming here. Sorry, but it's the truth, ;^_^. Also, it wouldn't make money, for reasons that I, Z3120 and Xirsch have expressed.

Last edited:

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
well i see that ya'll have hope.i know chances are extremely slim but we don't even know the exact realease dates for 358/2,Birth by sleep,or coded.so nomura may gives us fm and makes us wait twice as long for the other games!WE NEVER KNOW SO HAVE AT LEAST A BIT OF HOPE!

We HAD hope. Its done man. As much as we'd like it to come here, its just not happening. Theres a point where you just gotta give in. We didn't get the first FM, why would we get this one? If it was coming here, it either would have by now or we would have gotten even slight info on the possibility. I mean, go look at the front page. We have 4 seconds of footage of 358/2 and we just found out about it like. A month or so ago. Its not coming.

Awards
No, FM+ will not be released. This is proven by the fact that the import has english subtitles. That can't be just because Japanese people think english is nifty, they probably already knew that everyone will import it from Japan. They make money from that too, because people are still buying them. Also, they get MORE money because people also need to buy either japanese PS2s or else the swap magic discs or whatever means necessary to play the games. I'm looking at my import right now and the cover is even in english. I think Squeenix anticipated this and made it possible for people outside Japan to play it. Why bother with bringing in all the VAs again, finding new ones for the CoM, just so Americans can play it? Americans are too full of themselves, thinking the universe revolves around them. Japan has beaten America in regards to who's better. Japan could stop selling its products to us and we'd be without the majority of good cars, let alone practically all the video games.

In short, if you want to play it, import it and get the swap magic discs. They're easiest to use, and aren't that expensive.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
We don't know if it's ever gonna be released outside of Japan, but until there is a definite 'NO' from Sqeenix Japan, there's still a possibility

Z3120

Well, to those at least hoping and to those who also know of Persona 3, I just checked the gamefaqs/gamespot forums. It seems that Persona3: FES actually has a chance to come over, but of course, highly doubtful and it's only pure speculation. Perhaps KH2:FM+ might come after all. Who knows.

Blue

home is where the heart is
Well,yeah,Re:CoM is in Japanese synchro,with Japanese subtitles,and the FM+ would be with English synchro,Japanese subtitles.Of course the battle menu is in Japanese as well.

Dman2.0

well then that sucks

where can you get a swapmagic thing and how do you import it

Blue

home is where the heart is
I advise you to go to the Import Help Thread in this forum,it'll answer your questions

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
We don't know if it's ever gonna be released outside of Japan, but until there is a definite 'NO' from Sqeenix Japan, there's still a possibility

Big time fail. SE will never announce that they will NOT bring KH2FM here. That's not the way it works, I'm afraid.

Roxas540

Well, I did A LOT of digging and guess what.....................................................................................It comes out in North America January 1 2008. So, ha! Eat that! You were all wrong(and please stop saying that you're sorry, because it's starting to get annoying.)

Z3120

Well, I did A LOT of digging and guess what.....................................................................................It comes out in North America January 1 2008. So, ha! Eat that! You were all wrong(and please stop saying that you're sorry, because it's starting to get annoying.)

Unless you can link to a source saying this, even if it's source that doesn't state its own source of where they heard it from, I fail to see how your lone statement proves anything besides giving out false hope.

On the other hand, like I just mentioned in my previous post, there's actually a chance Persona 3: FES might come over to the U.S. Although far from being anywhere near an actual confirmation, unlike KH2:FM+, there was a slip up covered up pretty quickly maybe hinting for the release of P3: FES so at least those who are waiting on P3: FES has some grounds unlike KH2:FM+ where nothing is really mentioned about it. The slip up perhaps indicates Atlus might be keeping the release of P3: FES tight-lipped so they can sell more copies of the version currently available before giving an official decision.

But for now, it's nothing but speculation yet it's at least more than what people can say about KH2:FM+ being brought over here. Why do I bring up Persona 3: FES? Well, given the bonuses and special features in that game in particular, there might be a chance KH2:FM+ for the nearby future if SE sees it to be worthwhile. The PS2 is still far from dead in my opinion for at least a few years. ReCoM is both a good and a bad thing and is the only thing I can really see SE justify the Director's Cut/remake localization here in North America. If Persona 3 can get its remake over here in the U.S., I believe that will officially be the first game I have ever witnessed where its initial release and its remake on the same system has gotten released outside of Japan.

Am I really that optimistic? Not really. I already have the import but it might be nice to own the English version. Just letting those know who are waiting there might be a chance, though unlikely. But hey, if Persona 3 can do it, the possibilities for other remakes to come might happen.

Edit: Whoops, are you just trying to be sarcastic?

Dman2.0 said:
where can you get a swapmagic thing and how do you import it

Like what bluesky-X. The import help thread.

the14thmember said:
excuse me but if you imported it from japan would it not be in Japenese?

Yes, it will be in Japanese.

rando said:
people say u could import it but how?

Swap Magic. Head over to the Import Help thread for more information. There are other methods but Swap Magic is definitely the most easiest alternative besides investing in the more expensive route in a chip.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Massive lose. You got that from 1UP, didn't you? Lol. They're just guessing, they admitted themselves it's just a placeholder because SE has said nothing on the matter.

If not, I'd like to hear where you got that from. Certainly not from SE, because if they had let something slip, we'd have all heard of it by now. Like I always say: sites and magazines are untrustworthy.

Also, just from common sense, you could tell that was fake. I mean, come on, January 1, 2008? New Year? SO MANY stores are open, right?

So, in any case: no, it won't be released here, there's nothing that can be done about it. I would suggest you forget about it, ;^_^.

Roxas540

Massive lose. You got that from 1UP, didn't you? Lol. They're just guessing, they admitted themselves it's just a placeholder because SE has said nothing on the matter.

If not, I'd like to hear where you got that from. Certainly not from SE, because if they had let something slip, we'd have all heard of it by now. Like I always say: sites and magazines are untrustworthy.

Also, just from common sense, you could tell that was fake. I mean, come on, January 1, 2008? New Year? SO MANY stores are open, right?

So, in any case: no, it won't be released here, there's nothing that can be done about it. I would suggest you forget about it, ;^_^.
D@mn you. How the H#LL did you know that I found that on 1up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back