• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

rampant sexism my god!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirozora

Website
www.fanfiction.net
i won't point any fingers but i have never seen such rampant sexism on ANY site before. complaining about women whining about PMS and like coming to men for comfort or advice or etc. and always crying and sniffing runny noses and basically being pretty much a major b*. i mean, i don't understand. how did this happen?

:confused:

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Maybe because this forum houses over 27,500 members, all having their individual problems including love or frustration about the other gender-issues? Maybe because this is mainly a pre-teen forum, and most kids are starting to feel the effect of their hormones? Or maybe because this is the first online pre-teen forum you've ever visited? Or maybe because you have yet to visit any other section like the General Games section or the Graphics section.

You pick.

Shirozora

Website
www.fanfiction.net
i did not get pwned, excuse me?!

i just wanted an explanation. and i got it. but i have never seen it at such levels and it makes me sad remembering that this world is so patriarchial.

the disrespect is enormous, especially when conducted in my face

i'm so disappointed

Cloudy_Card

Juvenile Success
Website
photobucket.com
I'm sorry, ive been on these forums for a long time, and seen a lot of threads, but i've seen very, very few cases of the sexism your talking about. i do believe your overreacting a bit.

Shirozora

Website
www.fanfiction.net
well thats probably cuz i'm learning class, racism, and gender at my school. so now i watch for things. its probably a bad thing in society but good for those who want some sort of change. i'm sorry but i just can't stand people talking crap or something about women in front of my face because i'm proud to be a woman although i hate having my stupid periods because i vomit when i'm also under a lot of stress at the same time.

yeah, sorry for the details

but am i really overreacting? i was just shocked. i haven't been on the forums for a while but i never saw these levels of...blatant rudeness, pardon my exaggeration

because as far as i can tell, not a lot of women go looking for a guy for comfort or advice or etc. or whine about some stupid PMS thing or something like that. etc.

and i'm not talking about threads

its the chatroom

Awards
In all my days in the Chat room here, I have NEVER heard, or seen for that matter, any sexist remarks that people would take offense to. Not Once.

Now, if you're reffering to the conversation had earlier in the chat room, then you've mistaken sexism for a male discussion. What was stated in earlier was not sexist. It was a discussion on male and female traits.
Now, your complaining because someone said women can get whiney during their PMS period, no? That's not sexist. It's a well known fact that women are often grumpy, or stressed during their PMS period. The male members in the room at the time were discussing how sometimes the PMS period for a women can affect males negatively. Don't get all up in our face for having a discussion on behaviour.
You weren't the only female member in there at the time, but your were the only female member who seemed to think they were being insulted.

Now, as for the 'running noses, crying, overall b*****'s' comment, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Never have I seen such behaviour in this chat, and if I did see it rest assured there'd be consequences.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Shirozora said:
well thats probably cuz i'm learning class, racism, and gender at my school. so now i watch for things. its probably a bad thing in society but good for those who want some sort of change.

First of all, what you learn shouldn't be exactly what you believe, you should apply it to your own opinions with questions, before you stick the exact teaching to your personal beleifs.

i'm sorry but i just can't stand people talking crap or something about women in front of my face because i'm proud to be a woman although i hate having my stupid periods because i vomit when i'm also under a lot of stress at the same time.

I have never, in the two, plus years I have been a member here, seen any kind of action showing a negative impact on females. I sense you are geniunely blowing steam from your butt. And I should add, I am very sorry for gaining knowledge of you vomiting when under a lot of stress when you are on your period, you should consider taking Midol and anti-acids. ;__;

yeah, sorry for the details
Thanks for the appology in advance, appreciated. .-.

but am i really overreacting? i was just shocked. i haven't been on the forums for a while but i never saw these levels of...blatant rudeness, pardon my exaggeration

Exaggeration pardoned. But honestly, if you could provide any proof or examples that display this issue. Wheater it's in the chat or forum, and likewize, both, if found.

because as far as i can tell, not a lot of women go looking for a guy for comfort or advice or etc. or whine about some stupid PMS thing or something like that. etc.
o_O???

and i'm not talking about threads
Mmkay, the chat then, to provide proof, it it happens again, and goes unnoticed, be sure to click the Save button and show us the light on what wrong doings and mishaps have been conjured. We want you to enlighten us! Please!

its the chatroom
I've been on there fruequently, and haven't experienced any explicit behavior against females. I still would like for you to prove me wrong.

i just wanted an explanation. and i got it. but i have never seen it at such levels and it makes me sad remembering that this world is so patriarchial.
This is the intar web. Most people are believed to have let their super ego's get the best of them most of the time, generously displayed by someone. D:

the disrespect is enormous, especially when conducted in my face
When you mean "in your face", you mean sitting infront of a computer reading sentences and paragraphs, taking all of this in, and being serious about it? x.x

i'm so disappointed
From the top of my heart, displayed in my current avatar as of 3/20/06, I am deeply sorry you are dissapointed from written words that nobody else have seem to have viewed, but you, on this forum/chat. But I highly reccomend, if you see it again, and if it bother's you that much, you should consider writing to the Dear Abby: editorial section of the newspaper, hopefully they can solve your problems, if not us. Or anything parallel to that matter that runs along those lines.

Sidenote:

Shirozora's signature said:
Yes i am a pompous self-important antiracist liberal jackass and an Asian woman. You got a problem with that?

but don't take offense. I'm only saying...

I can't help not feeling sorry for you. Your sig is somewhat abracive. And I think you are definately approaching this issue the wrong way. But if what you say is true, KHI staff would appreciate your help on aiding them find out what forum misdemeanors have been conducted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back