• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions You'd Ask Nomura About the Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
One of my questions would be why the ReMIXes didn't come with extra entries in Jiminy's Journal in the games. It could explain stuff Nomura said only in interviews but is never clarified in games, but instead we got the same stuff. It's not like they couldn't put em in there with little to no time spent on it.

Another of my questions would be regarding the original draft for Days, and if Xion was meant to be more villainous. I've always felt that Xion was initially going to be less of a friend for Roxas, but as trailers continued to pour out, we saw a MUCH different outcome. I'd follow that up with asking if the Xion vs Roxas fight was supposed to somehow be Xemnas' attempt at creating a X-Blade, since I feel that relationship and how he set them up for Xion to absorb Roxas was pretty damn similar to how Xehanort set up Vanitas and Ventus in BbS.

DDD's original ending, as someone else also mentioned. Was it meant to tie into the then cancelled Birth by Sleep Volume 2, with Sora and Ventus disappearing? Was it neant to tie into Chi, perhaps?

What makes Nomura so adamant about adding The Junglr Book into an entry in the series, and why that film has such a lsrge importance for him. He has to at least care somewhat for it, seeing as how it's been removed from three games at this point which means he attempted to put it into at least three titles.

Also, what shounen anime really inspired the concept for the Organization, and then ask why he spent so much time building up the CoM cast but spent barely any time really developing characters like Xaldin, Demyx or Luxord in KH2.

I'd ask if DiZ's concept changed at all from when he was originally created, since a lot of people believed he was initially the leader of the Organization in KH2 trailers.

Why was Endless in the KH1FM secret trailer similar to Nobodies and Heartless?

What Square Enix property or cast of characters outside of the Final Fantasy franchise would you like to add to the series, and which characters do you think would fit best?

Why did you make a concert canon?

When will the gay start to happen for real?

What was Namine's original concept? How do you feel about fan theories that initially thought Namine was an Unbirth/Unversed rather than a Nobody before BbS came out?

Why did Terra have a villainous look in his eyes in old Enchanted Dominion screenshots? Was Terra ever originally conceived to be the true villain of BbS and we watch his fall to darkness? Possibly to even where Old Xehanort could have just been morally grey and trying to help him, but Terra killed him and stole his name and feigned amnesia when he (inevitably) would get beaten up by Aqua (and maybe Ven and Mickey?) and sent to Radiant Garden. Were Xehanort and Vanitas even conceived to be relunctant or sympathizing villains?

Will Kingdom Hearts V-Cast ever be remade by Square and made canon?

What stories for characters were planned for certain installments but scrapped?

Why did you make two important characters come from Kairi, to an extent, and then have another make a connection with her, but wait so long to actually use Kairi herself? Why didn't you bring Kairi into DDD instead? Why didn't Kairi get the role Lea had in DDD instead, or even share it alongside Lea? Do you think Kairi is a well-developed character, despite her last real big role in the franchise being from a game 11 years ago?

Was Chirithy ever meant to be evil?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Not that it's a big issue, but I kind of want to know why he didn't use younger models for TAV and Vanitas for the flashback scenes in BBS.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I would ask what gives Nomura inspiration to draw some of his artworks. For example the KH2FM title menu with Roxas and Sora, Nomura comments how he became inspired to draw that scene, so where does he draw inspiration from? The happenings of the games or from somewhere else? Also overall more comments about some of his other KH-related artworks would be cool to hear.

Like others have expressed here, I am also curious about DDD`s original ending.

Road2dawn

I would ask why Vanitas looks like Sora, also the Roxas/Ventus connection, I mean is Roxas really his own standalone person or just Ventus with amnesia? Also I'd wanna know how far he had the series planned out when he made KH1

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I would ask why Vanitas looks like Sora, also the Roxas/Ventus connection, I mean is Roxas really his own standalone person or just Ventus with amnesia? Also I'd wanna know how far he had the series planned out when he made KH1
We actually got answers to that a very long time ago... Vanitas looks like Sora 'cause Ven's heart was saved by Sora's. Roxas is Sora's Nobody and would have looked exactly like Sora if it weren't for Ven's heart giving him a different appearance. And Nomura has openly admitted to making up the story as he goes along.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll ask if he had bigger plans for some of the filler-ish members of the organization (Demyx/Luxord) or were they there just to make up the numbers and fill out the squad.

Hirokey123

Awards
I am...pretty certain that DDD's original ending actually isn't much of a mystery because Nomura indirectly sort of told us some the big changes. Originally Lea was supposed to show up to save Sora with keyblade already in hand, that's why they came up with that whole hyperbolic time chamber excuse. Which means that whole segment near the end with Lea wanting to be a keyblade master ending with his keyblade summoning shocking everyone would never have occurred. So that's one big change the next is Young Master Xehanort was supposed to be the final boss but once the game was done and they had some time left over Nomura looked back over the game to see if he wanted to cram anything else in last minute. He felt the players would better understand/feel Riku's struggle against the darkness to wake Sora if he made it into a boss fight and thus he had them add in Armored Ventus Nightmare. Which means that entire segment of Riku sinking into the darkness and doing battle with AVN wasn't in the original script, they had shown Riku's fight against the darkness to wake Sora in some other manner.

Also given they said they included the questions Riku answered as a gameplay trap for the player in regards to getting the secret ending...I've a sinking suspicion most of that Destiny Islands stuff wasn't originally planned either. Another clue to this is that Riku after meeting Ansem the wise and getting the precious data from Ansem...never mentions or acts like any of that happened after waking back up in the real world...not even in the secret ending. Which screams either that was another last minute addition or the scene where they would of talked about that was probably taken out. I think the former is more likely because both BBS and Coded heavily implied that Sora was the one who was going to find the data and instead DDD suddenly had Riku find it right in the end, you might argue they were just trying to defy expectations but this honestly felt more like a last minute decision.

Anyway I'd ask him how old the characters are and what the deal behind Ienzo is, as he clearly is using his smaller BBS model in the DDD flashback to becoming a Nobody. But he revives in a completely different (albeit similar) set of clothing that perfectly fits his existing taller frame meaning that's what he wore when he became a Nobody in the first place. It would of been so easy to just pull a KH2 Sora and have him wake up in clothes just a bit too small for him, but they didn't choose to do that. I want to know if there is a reason behind that or if it was just laziness like "BBS Ienzo is the young Ienzo model for all young Ienzo situations even if it doesn't always perfectly line up with what his actually height should be". You know like Riku who thanks to Days magically goes from KH1 height to KH2 height in a few months. Which is clearly just because they were too lazy to make a 3rd Riku model for the height and just used "KH2 Riku for all older Riku needs".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back