• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions about KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HollowSunsets

I'm currently level 24 and I just got into Traverse Town
(I've been training for a while using Wakka, just smacking his blitzball back and forth for exp points...)
Is this a good level to start with?
And what would you say are other good Kingdom Hearts games to invest in after KH1 and KH2?
My friend said that Re:KH Chain of Memories(the PS2 one) wasn't worth buying.
Should I go with getting a DS and trying out 356/2 days and Re:Coded or getting a PSP and trying Birth by Sleep?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
LV.24 is generaly a good level to start out with so I think you'll be fine. CoM/Re:CoM is sort of one of those love-hate games I think (though Re:Com is generaly less liked than CoM from what I've seen) so you'll either love it or hate it but either way you should get to know the story, either by playing it, using wiki, or some other means, because it sets up some stuff in KH2 and you might be royaly lost if you don't atleast bother with CoM/Re:Com's story. Days is sort of another love-hate game but leaning more twords hate so I'd say learn more about it first, maybe look up some videos, and then decide if you want to by it. Personly I liked Days for the story but for me playing through it was painful. Re:Coded is considered to be the worst game in the bunch though some people like it for character development and BbS is a generaly liked game and has a fun combat system and aside from KH1, CoM/Re:CoM, and KH2 (they're sort of the "Big 3" you can say) it's probably the next game most important story wise though the story can be bland and repetative at times. Ultimatly though, and this is the part where I tell you that whether or not you want to play these games is up to you.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Level 24 is beyond ample to be starting out with. If you own a PS2 already, enjoyed KH1 and can find a well priced copy of Re:CoM I say go for it. The gameplay will get a bit of getting used to, but spamming limits can be pretty fun (I imagine, the game was never released localised outside of the US) and it will help immensely when trying to figure out whats going on in your first KH2 playthrough.

As for the future titles, I don't know if I'd buy a system for just the KH games. Then again, the earlier PSP's and DS's are going quite cheap now... Personally I enjoyed all three, but I had the most fun and challenge playing BBS, plus I loved the story of it. Saying that I also liked Days a whole lot until everyone on the forums overanalysed it and wouldn't stop dumping on it. If you were going to buy a cheap PSP, or maybe borrow one off a friend (like I did :D) and buy only BBS I think it would be a great choice.

LV.24 is generaly a good level to start out with so I think you'll be fine. CoM/Re:CoM is sort of one of those love-hate games I think (though Re:Com is generaly less liked than CoM from what I've seen) so you'll either love it or hate it but either way you should get to know the story, either by playing it, using wiki, or some other means, because it sets up some stuff in KH2 and you might be royaly lost if you don't atleast bother with CoM/Re:Com's story. Days is sort of another love-hate game but leaning more twords hate so I'd say learn more about it first, maybe look up some videos, and then decide if you want to by it. Personly I liked Days for the story but for me playing through it was painful. Re:Coded is considered to be the worst game in the bunch though some people like it for character development and BbS is a generaly liked game and has a fun combat system and aside from KH1, CoM/Re:CoM, and KH2 (they're sort of the "Big 3" you can say) it's probably the next game most important story wise though the story can be bland and repetative at times. Ultimatly though, and this is the part where I tell you that whether or not you want to play these games is up to you.
I thought a lot of people regarded Re:coded in a higher regard than Days, and in some peoples opinions it was better than BBS as well. Wholeheartedly agree with the 'royaly lost' part though. I rember playing KH2 right after KH1, before I even realised CoM existed and was dumbfounded at the second half of KH2's opening AMV, as well as many of the earlier parts of the game haha

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
First off, 24 is a godsend lvl to start off with. You'll feel overpowered now.

Kh2 is after RE:COM both release and chronologically.

Now the portable games are trickier. If you can only have one of the systems, go with BBS. It's a main game and probably the most fun of the three(possibly the series) and you can watch the DS games on YT alongside the BBS Final Mix secret Episode.

superbanana

earth (but thats just what an alien would want you
i would choose a ds if i was gonna decide which one to get for portable kh games and only cared about the story because ds has 2 titles while psp has only one so if you care about the story you could watch the walkthrough for bbs on youtube and play the other 2 games

however, if you care more about gameplay you should get the psp.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^Yes, but BBS is considerably large; larger than Coded for certain, and it has more extras than either of the DS games. The number of installments means nothing if one of them has bad gameplay and the other no story.

But I dont wanna get into an argument now. It's the TC's choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back