• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Problems With Osaka (Moved Posts)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I feel that Nomura and his team has put a lot of "Heart" into their games. Like anything, some of the games have flaws, but it always felt like they took great care of their games.

Since I don't really agree with this statement, I'm sitting this one out.

Edit to be clear: I have nothing personal against Nomura and the rest of the staff (aside from wishing the Osaka Team guys had another calling in life), I however found a lot of past flaws really grating and I wanna see how KH III effectively plays out before thinking of rewarding them.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Re: A Gift for Nomura From The Fans

Since I don't really agree with this statement, I'm sitting this one out.

Edit to be clear: I have nothing personal against Nomura and the rest of the staff (aside from wishing the Osaka Team guys had another calling in life), I however found a lot of past flaws really grating and I wanna see how KH III effectively plays out before thinking of rewarding them.
Like, get over yourself? Regardless of whether you end up liking the end result or not, these are people who are working incredibly hard and do it for no "reward" from you in particular.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Like, get over yourself? Regardless of whether you end up liking the end result or not, these are people who are working incredibly hard and do it for no "reward" from you in particular.

Um, what?

Why would me not giving out bonus prizes for people doing their job results in needing to get "over myself"?
It's their job. They're not charity and they get a profit out of it. Which is neither a sin nor a holy miracle, is life.
And it goes without saying that they aren't doing it for a reward (outside of my money, of course), so I don't really understand what this is all about.

Really, enlighten me.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Um, what?

Why would me not giving out bonus prizes for people doing their job results in needing to get "over myself"?
It's their job. They're not charity and they get a profit out of it. Which is neither a sin nor a holy miracle, is life.
And it goes without saying that they aren't doing it for a reward (outside of my money, of course), so I don't really understand what this is all about.

Really, enlighten me.

Exactly, and because it's their job it also goes without saying that you don't have to be a part of any gratuity from the community. When you proclaim that they're not worth your thanks, you come off not only as unthankful but kind of pompous. Like, just don't say anything, don't use a well-meaning thread to air frustrations about the team that other people very much wish to thank.

f'tang

Like, get over yourself?

Calm down yo~
He didn't say he hated nomura and his team, he just doesn't want to give them charity.

and do it for no "reward" from you in particular.

The reward would be him buying the game and thus giving them money, too think square enix makes games with the intent being 'giving the people what they want' and not 'we need money' is foolish dawg.

Exactly, and because it's their job it also goes without saying that you don't have to be a part of any gratuity from the community. When you proclaim that they're not worth your thanks, you come off not only as unthankful but kind of pompous. Like, just don't say anything, don't use a well-meaning thread to air frustrations about the team that other people very much wish to thank.

People can have different oppinions my friend. You are really coming off as the aggressor here.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

People can have different oppinions my friend. You are really coming off as the aggressor here.
Of course people can and should have different opinions, but this constant nagging of the Osaka team is unfounded, without nuance and starts off a chain reaction every time it starts. Look at the posts under the initial one. It's fine if you have your dislikes and grievances, but this isn't the right place.

People buying the game is of course the reason the team is doing it, that's why it doesn't really matter if you come into a topic where people want to do something together and say "nah, they don't deserve it." All it does is detract not only from the initial plan but is disrespectful to someone who's legitimately looking for collaborators.

I don't mind being aggressive about the forums needing to stop throwing topics off track and discouraging collaboration when it's really hard to find anyone around here who likes doing stuff like that to begin with.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Oh my.
That's a really ridiculous demand.
I said what I felt about this thing, and it was my personal feelings that weren't meant to offend anybody, nor do I think they actually did.
It is pompous noticing other's mistakes in their line of work and wanting to make them count? I don't think so.
If my house had a shitty water system (which it actually does, sadly), yet still functions on a basic level, am I pompous for not wanting to thank the workers and give them a gift?
And that definitely wasn't me venting, it was me explaining why I'm not that grateful. Exactly so that people wouldn't have been triggered by my first sentence. The Osaka thing? A light joke about a personal feeling.

"Ur mean don't say anything unless is what the others say" it's some kind of censorship I hoped was long gone.
Not only I wasn't the only one who said this, but in other threads people often do this. In a thread about TWTNW being an amazing world some guys will sing praise of it, then one will say that he doesn't think it's that good, and that's, like, cool and stuff. It's his opinion which just happen to differ from the thread's.
It happens a lot, and I don't see why this is any different.

If it's just that you are sick about hearing negative (and totally not unfounded) things about Osaka, sorry that's not my problem.
You don't mind being aggressive, but I do, thank you very much. Nor I should be held accountant if people start badmouthing Osaka team without control, or for past instances of such.
And... discouraging. My. If anyone gets that discouraged by my totally personal and not in any way imposing thoughts, they have like... no will of their own.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

And... discouraging. My. If anyone gets that discouraged by my totally personal and not in any way imposing thoughts, they have like... no will of their own.

The fact that your initial post was actually sent to me as a complaint kind of makes me feel vindicated in pointing it out?

In any case, if the people who know your workers-who-inserted-your-water-system are planning a party based on their own experiences, it's a dick move to crash their party planning thing and saying you won't be contributing. Like, cool?

Anyway, that's my last word on the subject. I'll practice what I preach and move all this negativity into a closed thread so that any other planning can commence. If anyone wants so discuss issues with the osaka team further, which you're free to do, let me know and I'll reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back