• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Power Form - Everything we know currently!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bio-Roxas

Hello! I recently made a video concerning everything we currently know about the Power Form seen in the Kingdom Hearts 3 trailers. Here is a link to the video, but for those who wish to stay here or like reading rather than watching something, I will post my notes here!

Before we talk about Power Form, I want to go over each of the transformations associated with Power Form. Two keyblades are associated with Power Form and each keyblade has two transformations. These keyblades are from Toy Story and Monster's Inc. Let's start with Toy Story's transformations.

• Hyper Hammer - This transformation starts with a ground smash. We've seen Sora do this type of attack in his base form during the Jump Festa 2015 trailer. This ground smash might lead into a ground combo as Sora dodges away right after the attack. We have seen him use dodges to break out of a combo before. It would be a cool mechanic to transition from an air attack to a ground combo. We have seen the opposite of this where we can go into an air combo from a ground attack with attacks such as upper slash or finishing leap seen in Kingdom Hearts 2. It may be a little frustrating though to accidentally do this when trying to perform an aerial combo so maybe having a button or ability to trigger this would be the best option. Anyways, after this ground smash and dodge, we see Sora use Fire. This fire is completely different than the projectile fire cast in his base form and is more along the lines of his Kingdom Hearts 2 fire, except that it is much larger. Sora then dodge rolls away and begins the ground combo for Hyper Hammer. The first attack looks similar to the ground smash except that the animation is a tad different and the cracks made in the ground are smaller. The second attack is a spinning attack that can hit enemies away which is followed up by a smash behind and in front of Sora. He then dashes forward, which might hit enemies away if they don't die from it. Right before the combo finisher is triggered, if you slow down the video, it looks like there might be another attack before Sora goes into the finisher. The finisher shows Sora making the hammer grow larger before slamming it into the ground. The cracks do damage as well and we can see heartless being thrown into the air from it as well. The finisher as well as the whole combo has huge range and seems like a great crowd control transformation. We also can see Sora get a Firaza situation command which could be different compared to his Firaza cast when in base form. We get to see Hyper Hammer again in the Monster's Inc. trailer. This time we see a different combo being used. It's strange to see the combo out of order when compared to the Toy Story trailer. This could mean that combos are customizable.

• Drill Punch - This transformation is the second form of the Toy Story keyblade. Sora starts off right away attacking with a punch to the ground. This emits a whirlwind but does not seem to draw any heartless in. It could be that enemies inside the whirlwind take more damage, but we never see an enemy inside it so we do not know for certain. After the first attack, the trailer cuts away to a quick drill attack followed by what I believe to be the ground combo finisher for this transformation. For this finisher, Sora dives under the ground and drills up hitting enemies into the air. This also seems to attack a wide area and gives you some breathing room. After this, we see Sora dive under the ground while moving. This could take the place of dodge roll and quick run. We then see Sora punch the ground and then follow up this attack by making drills come up out of the ground. We can see a ripple around Sora which we saw when he did his ground combo finisher and also happens when he does his air combo finisher. This makes me think that this may be another finisher as well, but we cannot really know for certain. Sora then uses Aeroga and we see that instead of pulling enemies in, it pushes them away. This whirlwind is similar to the one spawned during the first attack of Sora's ground combo. Sora can also use the air in the middle of Aeroga to go into Athletic Flow. He reverts back to his Toy Story keyblade but is still in Power Form and his command menu still says Drill Punch. It could just be a bug or it could be how the game reacts to you using Athletic Flow during transformations. I honestly would love to see different types of Athletic Flow attacks that change depending on the different transformations you are in. Moving on, Sora uses an aerial combo that is a simple drill rush, followed up by his aerial combo finisher. The finisher consists of Sora making the drill grow larger and rushing again. This also has huge range and seems like a good attack to push enemies away from you. Seeing a pattern yet? The finisher situation command transforms the drill into a claw that locks onto a single enemy. Sora grabs the enemy and bashes him against the ground damaging any enemies he hits.

And that is it for the Toy Story transformations! Let's move on to the Monster's Inc. transformations. There is not a whole lot here as we only had a few scenes with these transformations.

• Quick Claws - This is the first transformation for the MI keyblade. Sora starts off with a dragging double swipe (you can see his second swipe if you slow down the trailer to .25/.5 speed). He then slashes in, then out and finishes with a spinning attack that pushes enemies back. This transformation is crazy fast and has a great deal of range as well. I can see this transformation having a lot of parry frames, but we haven't seen anything to corroborate this.

• Twin Yo-Yos - The transformation into Twin Yo-Yos itself has a wide area of attack that seems to be pretty useful and can keep enemies away so that you are safe after you transform. It also seems like this transformation could be all about staying out of range of enemies and attacking with your yo-yos from afar (of course, this is just speculation as we only see one attack with this transformation so we are not sure how this form will act). The finisher situation command for this transformation seems similar to the Drill Punch finisher in that it focuses on one enemy while being able to damage other enemies close to the attack.

Now let's talk about Power Form as a whole. The first thing to notice is that we can see Sora using growth abilities while in this form. We see Sora dodge roll, quick run, and high jump during the Toy Story trailer. This shows that even while in forms you can use your growth abilities, which was not the case in Kingdom Hearts 2. This is freeing as you do not have to worry about sacrificing abilities to go into a form (like not being able to dodge roll or quick run in Valor Form).
Also, the transformations seen associated with Power Form seem to revolve around dealing with mobs. Many of the attacks seen either deal damage in a wide area or do attacks that push enemies back. Either way, this is very helpful in keeping Sora safe during fights.
Both finisher situation commands focus on one enemy while also damaging surrounding enemies. If it is possible to do damage with the drill dodge, it might mean that there are other transformations that can cause damage
during movement.
We only have one image of Sora in his human form during Power Form. His pants are camoflauged which might be a nod to a combat-oriented fighting style? I'm not really sure. Nomura has always linked a symbol to forms, such as the fleur de lis(I think) with Valor Form and the crosses with Master Form. Of course, knowing Nomura, there must be a specific meaning to the patterns and symbols but I'm not sure what they are.

And that is all I have! Hope you all found this both interesting and informative! If you noticed something I didn't, let me know!
Also, if you enjoyed this analysis I did a similar post about the Second Form! Link: https://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-iii/216055-second-form-everything-we-know-currently.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back