• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pop-up Hell

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Leo~

I was downloading something and I accidently clicked an on an ad. The new window opens up, then I suddenly get a virus alert and my whole comp starts lagging. I hold down the power button to turn my laptop off, and turn it back on. When I went onto my Internet browser, I had this weird toolbar, so I went into Add and Remove programs to try to get rid of it. I find a bunch of programs that seem suspicious, so I uninstall them all. I find the toolbar, but I had to get an un-installer to get rid of it, which I did. Then I ran a virus scan with AVG, got rid of some viruses, and tryed the Internet again. When I opened it, I get three random pop-ups, something that never happened before. And alot of the time when I click on a new link I get another pop-up.

What is wrong here?

Milky

Grown Up
Website
www.izuraproductions.com
I was downloading something and I accidently clicked an on an ad. The new window opens up, then I suddenly get a virus alert and my whole comp starts lagging. I hold down the power button to turn my laptop off, and turn it back on. When I went onto my Internet browser, I had this weird toolbar, so I went into Add and Remove programs to try to get rid of it. I find a bunch of programs that seem suspicious, so I uninstall them all. I find the toolbar, but I had to get an un-installer to get rid of it, which I did. Then I ran a virus scan with AVG, got rid of some viruses, and tryed the Internet again. When I opened it, I get three random pop-ups, something that never happened before. And alot of the time when I click on a new link I get another pop-up.

What is wrong here?

By your story i can tell you're using Internet Explorer

the current IE sucks arse.

Download Mozilla Firefox at http://www.mozilla.com/

Pop ups on Firefox are almost SCARCE
the popup blocker rocks and nothing will download without your notification.

also before doing that. Run System Restore on your computer to reset the computer to the day it was BEFORE the virus.

YOU MUST.

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
NO.

http://www.download.com/Opera/3000-2356_4-10551544.html?tag=lst-0-1

Opera blocks pop ups also. Opera is better than firefox because it's faster, safer, and the current release has widjets, which are add ons like a Bittorent toolbar or a text translator. There's even game widjets like tetris. You can get widjets by clicking the "Widjets" thing by tools and bookmarks when you open Opera. Opera also has more features and you can customize it to it's fullest extent.

Opera>Firefox.

~Leo~

Okay, but I already had a Firefox installer on my computer for some reason, and due to crappy internet I'm not going to download something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back