• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Please Explain.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
pwn3d to the max said:
cloud would freak out or something and squall would be like what ever and like dodge then rokenzen if cloud hit, that is saying cloud didn't cheat at birth.
damn straight

Hikari44

Square Ninja said:
Actually, yes...he's a humongous pansy. He needs to learn how to cope with loss. She died. Get over it.

Easier said than done, my friend. You sound so coldhearted when you say things like that. You try having a friend or person close to you die, then see how well YOU cope with it. It's not that easy - he has every right to be sad, and that doesn't make him emo or a pansy - it makes him a normal human being.

Frankly, I don't want to know someone who isn't upset by close friends dying. That's like...the terminator. No feelings. :)

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Hikari44 said:
Easier said than done, my friend. You sound so coldhearted when you say things like that. You try having a friend or person close to you die, then see how well YOU cope with it. It's not that easy - he has every right to be sad, and that doesn't make him emo or a pansy - it makes him a normal human being.

Frankly, I don't want to know someone who isn't upset by close friends dying. That's like...the terminator. No feelings. :)

Do you honestly think I have gone through life unscathed and without loss? I have indeed lost some that were very close to me, yet I coped and moved on with my life. Cloud isn't a healthy human being, he's a complete *****.

Hikari44

Square Ninja said:
Do you honestly think I have gone through life unscathed and without loss?
From that last post it seems like a very likely possibility

Square Ninja said:
I have indeed lost some that were very close to me, yet I coped and moved on with my life. Cloud isn't a healthy human being, he's a complete *****.

But how long did it take to move on and cope? A fair amount of time, I would say, judging from my own losses. And how long is it from the end of disc 1 of FFVII to the end of disc 2 (since disc 3 is just one dungeon and sephiroth's battle, which don't take that long in the characters' time) - not very long. Cloud is NOT a complete ***** (whatever obscene word that is) he is a human who needs time to deal with the loss of someone important to him - which you would acknowledge if you weren't such a mindless cloud-hater

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Hikari44 said:
But how long did it take to move on and cope? A fair amount of time, I would say, judging from my own losses. And how long is it from the end of disc 1 of FFVII to the end of disc 2 (since disc 3 is just one dungeon and sephiroth's battle, which don't take that long in the characters' time) - not very long. Cloud is NOT a complete ***** (whatever obscene word that is) he is a human who needs time to deal with the loss of someone important to him - which you would acknowledge if you weren't such a mindless cloud-hater

I may have been affected by loss, but I certainly didn't obsess over it, unlike Cloud.

He didn't care about Aeris so much as he cared how she made him feel like his true self. He wasn't lamenting over the loss of a dear friend. He was lamenting that his true self was appearing again, the weakling. He strived to be someone else to extent that he lived a lie. Aeris made the lie more believable to Cloud. Her abscence was his constant reminder of the truth.

Hikari44

Square Ninja said:
I may have been affected by loss, but I certainly didn't obsess over it, unlike Cloud.

He didn't obsess over anything, he mourned the loss of a dear friend. Jeez...

Square Ninja said:
He didn't care about Aeris so much as he cared how she made him feel like his true self. He wasn't lamenting over the loss of a dear friend. He was lamenting that his true self was appearing again, the weakling. Her abscence was his constant reminder of the truth.

Wait a minute, weren't you the one with this brilliant theory that the only reason cloud was upset over Aeris' death was that it reminded him of his failure to save her and that it was his fault and yadda yadda yadda? And where is all this "She deepened his illusion" stuff coming from? When does she do that? The only thing she ever does is flirt like crazy with Cloud, she never says "OOOohh, big tough SOLDIER, I love you now!"

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
SN has a point. :\ Because of everything with Zack, Aerith IS just a constant addition to Clouds fake memories. What he wants to see and his truth are very different.

Hikari44

VersionX said:
SN has a point. :\ Because of everything with Zack, Aerith IS just a constant addition to Clouds fake memories. What he wants to see and his truth are very different.

Ok, let's pretend for a second that that was true. Has the fact that she's DEAD and he thinks it's completely his fault managed to escape your attention?

The point is, no matter what the reason, Cloud was pretty damn sad over Aeris' death and just because he didn't get over it in like a split second you guys are calling him a pansy and an emo. That's just dumb.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Hikari44 said:
Ok, let's pretend for a second that that was true. Has the fact that she's DEAD and he thinks it's completely his fault managed to escape your attention?

Has everything I said to you gone completely over your head? Yes, he is sad that a friend died, but he is most affected by thought of his weaker, true self showing through when he let Aeris die. Say what you will about what he could or couldn't have done about it, it's still irrelevant. Cloud blames himself, his true self, for her death. That's awfully traumatic for someone so cowardly that he chose to live a lie in order to hide the truth.

Hikari44 said:
The point is, no matter what the reason, Cloud was pretty damn sad over Aeris' death and just because he didn't get over it in like a split second you guys are calling him a pansy and an emo. That's just dumb.

There is a difference between mourning and obsession. Cloud clearly is experiencing the latter. In fact, he clings to it.

Someone posted a link to this interesting article about Final Fantasy VII. I felt it was quite accurate.

Hikari44

Square Ninja said:
Has everything I said to you gone completely over your head? Yes, he is sad that a friend died, but he is most affected by thought of his weaker, true self showing through when he let Aeris die. Cloud blames himself, his true self, for her death.
Exactly! He feels it is his fault. If you thought you were responsible for someone's death wouldn't you think you had the right to feel especially upset and guilty about it?!! Regardless of Cloud's "weaker, truer self" or whatever you are talking about, the issue at hand is whether or not he had a right to mourn Aeris for as long as he did (which wasn't even that long) and I think that he did.

Square Ninja said:
There is a difference between mourning and obsession. Cloud clearly is experiencing the latter.
Oy vey...I am never going to get through to you, am I? lol
I still say he was mourning.

Square Ninja said:
Someone posted a link to this interesting article about Final Fantasy VII. I felt it was quite accurate.
The link didn't work for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back