• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Passion/Sanctuary Observation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eclipse

well after finding this on the net -- "An English-language version of "Passion", entitled "Sanctuary", will accompany the international release of the video game Kingdom Hearts II.

Her forthcoming Japanese single, "Keep Tryin'", is set for release on February 22, 2006.

She is currently working on recording her next album."

tends to make me feel that sanctuary might come out later than we expected, it sounds like it'll come out around march according to "accompany the international release" and Keep Trying which she only recently announced is comming out in late february, and her next album in "2006" what does this mean? i have no clue. it just seems like passion in english might not come out in february like we expected.

**EDIT**
oh and just as a funny fact, i remember maybe a year ago before passion was announced i heard that someone was listening to radio-disney and they were talking about kingdom hearts II and announced that the theme song was going to be planned as being Cardboard Castles from Diana DeGarmo but it they were going to change the lyrics a little and maybe even have Utada Hikaru sing it. I personally listened to the song and I was able to picture it as the theme song for awhile. Cardboard Castles....hmm...imagine that!

Last edited:

Karasu-sama

Well, damn, that's discouraging... I was looking forward to Sanctuary being out sooner rather than later.

E

Eclipse

you know what i think, i think that with the case in kh2 and passion--they should have never told us there was a kh2, and then a month before it was planned to come out they tell us "oh yeah we're makin kh2 it comes out in a month" and then no one would complain about waiting 4 years for this game. Same goes for passion/sanctuary

Dark Essence

Bronze Member
So does this mean that were not going to hear passions in english until KH2 comes out!.. :/

E

Eclipse

Sorareborn said:
it hasn't been four years...it hasn't even been three and a half

for some of us it has, i remember finding about kh2 with the first screenshot in like maybe 2002, i dunnoz. i was just making up numbers.

krnpunkpride92

sanctuary was originally made for english, but utada had to make the jap version first (cause of kingdom hearts 2) so it should be out pretty soon ^^

i hope it does cause i wish i could understand the lyrics :)

Sanctuary Keeper

Wow this thread suprised me at first :p

But yeah, I wish it would have come out a bit sooner, March is a long time from Jan, er basically Febuary

emily_13

Website
www.myspace.com
:( this is depressing, thinking about the soundtrack coming out has been the only thing keeping me from going crazy for kh2...but now i have to wait for the soundtrack too...

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
Dark Essence said:
So does this mean that were not going to hear passions in english until KH2 comes out!.. :/
We'll probably have to just listen to Sanctuary from a game trailer or the actual game. Sanctuary could either come out as a B-Side on an unexpected single Hikki churns out after her album, or as a hidden track on her album.

Note: COMPLETE SPECULATION.

D

Deleted member 5341

TwilightSoulKey said:
oh and just as a funny fact, i remember maybe a year ago before passion was announced i heard that someone was listening to radio-disney and they were talking about kingdom hearts II and announced that the theme song was going to be planned as being Cardboard Castles from Diana DeGarmo but it they were going to change the lyrics a little and maybe even have Utada Hikaru sing it. I personally listened to the song and I was able to picture it as the theme song for awhile. Cardboard Castles....hmm...imagine that!

LOL i love that song!! That would be so cool if Utada was singing that....
But Passion *ahem* Sanctuary ... rocks equally so it's all good =)
Someone put a Sora x Kairi amv w/that song on it on youtube...it's pretty good go check it out :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwqfYSOexAQ

E

Eclipse

dude..that is my AMV.. it was my first AMV ever. HAHAHAHA that is so funny you didn't know it was me

<Marluxia>

Website
www.myspace.com
So passion is sanctuary and sanctuary was made before passion....and they had to make japanese version of sanctuary for KH2 but they made sanctuary first? and aren't they the same song except in different languages?

lol im getting tongue-tied:)

Dark Essence

Bronze Member
<Marluxia> said:
So passion is sanctuary and sanctuary was made before passion....and they had to make japanese version of sanctuary for KH2 but they made sanctuary first? and aren't they the same song except in different languages?

lol im getting tongue-tied:)
exactly...it sounds confusing but it's correct.

Sympathy

So..Sanctuary is the english version of Passion?

I'm not really looking forward to hearing the song in English. I have a feeling we're going to be having the same weird lyrics as we had with Simple and Clean. The lyrics had almost..no relevance to Kingdom Hearts. [ At least to me, it didn't. ]

E

Eclipse

well duh, the lyrics signify a girl describing her hopes, fears, and problems to her boyfriend (yes that is what it actually said) plus it sounds weird...simple...and clean? what? hikari meant light, and they give us simple and clean?

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
Well, there is *currently* no news about any kind of Keep Tryin' performances, so those weeks where she spends performing could be used to turn Sanctuary into a US single? Just some speculation since there's currently no news about performances. Although she probably won't release it as a single w/ the crossover rights and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back