• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Opinion on the KH novelizations?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DXNE_XIII

Awards
Exactly what it says on the title what is Ur opinion on the KH novels? Like them? Hate them? Discuss

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm extremely curious about them. When I was a kid I wanted a Kingdom hearts novelization so bad (I was WAY into the idea of anything I loved having a novel form as well lol). I almost bought that giant book with every novel bound into one, but then never did grab it. This could be a fun thing to get and read with my kids now though.

WaltK

Awards
They're interesting, but flawed. It's true that the author likes to delve deeper into certain character relationships, but it sorta comes at the expense of adapting certain things properly.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I’ve only read the KH1 and CoM novelisations so far, but it was interesting to see how Kanemaki-san handled it. There were a few worlds skipped(Olympus, Halloween Town and Atlantica), but some of them were reintroduced in later novelisations as the characters’ first visits there. One event that stuck out to me in KH1‘s novel was having the first reunion with Riku take place mid fight with the Guard/Opposite Armor. And in CoM’s Reverse/Rebirth section, it swapped perspectives between Riku and Repliku, a nice touch.

Back