• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► [One-shot Challenge] Koigokoro, Awakening of Love

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
Hello Hello Hello! Welcome to my Oneshot! I challenged GoH and K_K to a Oneshot Challenge for fun and I was pretty bored at the time ^_^ So read review and tell me if you like it.
Calista is my OC Character, and Dark and Krad are the property of Yukiru Sugisaki ^_^
[One-shot] Koigokoro, Awakening of Love

“Do you understand now Calista?” A cold and cruel voice questioned from the shadows of the room like a monster, dwelling within the deepest darkness. A girl from the core of the room did not respond as the question was directed at her.

Her violet eyes were compactly closed as the tears threatened to fall from the tightly closed lids. Her long silky lavender tresses shaded her face so only the few crystalline tears that slid down her cheeks, could catch the moonlight’s cold rays.

Her petite body was wrapped with pure white chains, which bound her wrists and ankles to the pedestal on which she currently sat. Her shoulders shook and trembled as she tried her very best to stop the onslaught of tears, tears of pain, tears of sorrow, and tears of loss…

“Now can you finally see Dark for who he truly is?” The voice continued maliciously from the shadows. Calista did not respond, just remained silent as stone and as fragile as a newborn child. “I asked you a question…” The voice uttered with a particular deadly tone, which made her spine shiver, and her blood run cold.

There was the familiar sound of feet hitting marble as the figure approached Calista from the side. Her heart raced as the white demon closed in on her, her insides turned cold and her worst fears were becoming real right before her very eyes. “You answer me when I speak to you…”

The noxious voice continued before Calista was jerked forward by her long and silky hair. She made a small whimper as the being brought their face close to her own. Her eyes opened, only to gaze in to the infinite golden eyes that led him down in to her core. The catlike pupils dilated as she shivered in his grasp. He was enjoying this, he was enjoying watching her tremble and shake within his grip.

“K-Krad…please…” She cried as a few tears flooded from her eyes to drop on to Krad’s pale hand as he took hold of her chin. A few blonde tresses fell in to Krad’s demonic eyes as he locked his golden gaze upon her, “Shhh…Now be a good little girl and accept the betrayal Dark has inflicted upon you quietly, and become mine.”

Calista was still emotionally hurt and upset as Krad brought ‘him’ up. Her heart ached and yearned for him to be here, for him to save her from this possessive angel. Yet she also didn’t want to see his face again…she was betrayed…betrayed by the only person she ever truly loved with her entire heart and soul.

“If the time ever comes, I will protect you. I’ll never let you fall Calista…”

Calista’s heart stung as she recalled the gentle and sensual sound of his voice, but here she was, she was falling. Spiraling down the emptiness inside her heart…and he was nowhere to be found. Here she was missing him, knowing that he was not missing her at all…
“I’m never going to see him again aren’t I? I’ll never be coming home…but it’s not like he will notice my absence right?”

Please, please forgive me,
But I won't be home again.
Maybe someday you'll look up,
And, barely conscious, you'll say to no one:
"Isn't something missing?"

She thought she meant something to him, she thought she was important to him…Something he treasured and valued, but…she was wrong. He had forgotten her…That was why she was here, chained down and in the clutches of this homicidal devil in disguise…

You won't cry for my absence, I know -
You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant...?
Am I so insignificant...?
Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing me?
“Why do you shed such sad tears?” Krad asked as his finger traced below her eyes, she cringed at his touch, which only made his smile widen…When she didn’t respond Krad’s eyes soon narrowed and the amused expression was wiped clean from his face. He jerked her forward by the cleavage in her dress, “Are you still in love with that pathetic kaitou?” He whispered next to her ear.

Calista trembled out of raw terror as Krad exposed her obvious feelings…It was indeed true…despite the betrayal Dark had forced upon her she was still in love with him…She couldn’t deny her feelings, the same way she couldn’t deny her lungs air. Her heart still belonged to him and him alone…

She suddenly felt a sharp pain at her cheek as she was struck by Krad ruthlessly. Her cheek was red and stung terribly as her head fell to the side, “I wont allow it…You are a Hikari, and you belong to me. Dark can have all those useless artworks…All I really desire, is the Chained Angel of Crimson Wings…you.”

Calista tried to ignore the stinging sensation in her face after Krad’s slap, but her raw wrists and chaffed ankles burned when the sweaty metal brushed against them. She was the sacrifice Dark had to make, and he wasn’t here to save her…She was a toy for Krad’s wrath and abuse. “I thought I meant something to him…I really thought he loved me, like I loved him…”

Even though I'm the sacrifice,
You won't try for me, not now.
Though I'd die to know you love me,
I'm all alone.
Isn't someone missing me?
When Calista refused to look at the white winged devil he roughly seized her by the corset of her dress and leaned down towards her. Her pulse rapidly sped up as the golden endless tunnels were clouded with lust. Unable to stop him with her hands tightly bound and no means of defense, she could only shiver and stiffen as Krad pressed his cold lips against her own. It was a heartbreaking and rough kiss and it made Calista’s skin crawl.

She tried to push him away, but due to her hands being bound she could not. So she wrenched her head away from him, only to suffer his furious rage. She was struck harder and more brutal this time…Her arm steadily began to bleed as Krad sliced a deep cut in to her tender, smooth flesh. The crimson blood flowed down her arm liked a red winding river.

And if I bleed, I'll bleed,
Knowing you don't care.
And if I sleep just to dream of you
I'll wake without you there,
Isn't something missing?
Isn't something...

When Krad reached down and seized her roughly, before punching her violently in the stomach Calista emitted a strangled cry as some more blood spurted from her mouth. “You belong to me, you are my tool, and my slave now. For whatever I choose to use you for.” Krad informed her as he continued to beat the words in to her body.

With her body weak and her limbs limp Krad took this opportunity to pin her against the pedestal forcefully. Madness glinted in his golden eyes as his hands tightly gripped her by the shoulders. Calista’s head lolled helplessly on to her shoulder, “I never thought it would end like this…”

Krad’s perverted aura made her feel filthy and terrified, but she couldn’t lift a finger to stop him. Her inner conscience asked her, “Do you have any regrets?” Calista’s heart began to swell with misery as she thought about the question, “My one regret…Is that I never got to tell Dark…that I love him…”

With all hope gone, lost in a dying heart and a tortured soul Calista began to give up…she gave in and just waited for death to reach her door…

“Get your filthy hands off of her!”

Calista’s eyes slowly opened as she heard the sudden but recognizable voice. She winced through the pain coursing throughout her body to look up despite Krad’s grasp. What she saw made tears prickle her eyes…

A tall figure from the shadows emerged, with obsidian black wings that intermingled with the night. The wild and fiery amethyst eyes gazed out from the gloom to penetrate the blonde devil with daggers of hate. The feral purple tresses fell in to his eyes giving him a wild and unnamed look as his fists clenched tightly at his sides. Krad’s body tensed up as he heard the last voice he wanted to hear at this moment.

Calista could see the effervescent golden fire in his eyes as he turned around to face his other half. “What makes you think you can tell me what to do? Who do you think you are…?” He snarled in a low and hatred loaded voice…

Dark’s arms crossed stubbornly as a cocky expression crossed his handsome face, “I can tell you what to do…and you know why?” A sick and sarcastic smirk crossed Krad’s lips, “Why?” Dark smirked arrogantly before responding, “Because I’m me, and for eternity I’ve been kicking your ass…”

Krad’s face contorted in fury as the amethyst eyed enigma insulted him with ease. “And you know what?” Krad fired back at his ‘brother’ with a secretive tone of voice. Dark raised an eyebrow as he asked, “What?” A particularly evil smirk crossed Krad’s pale face as he spoke, “And also for eternity…you’ve been one thieving, lying, cheating womanizer who throws people’s feelings aside just to satisfy your own perverted desires…”

Dark twitched at Krad’s statement, which had landed right on the money…Krad had attacked the very thing Dark was most guilty about…Dark glared at his other self with a question of, “Do you want to know why I do what I do Krad?” He bitterly spoke. Krad smirked in satisfaction before answering, “We all know why Dark…because you are a traitorous endless existence unable to control his own raging hormones…”

Dark’s eyes flashed violently before he said in a quiet and bone-chilling voice, “Don’t talk about me like you know me Krad…” Dark stepped forward slightly before glancing at Calista, knowing this explanation applied to her as well as him, “Perhaps you would like to really know, what there is to Dark…”

The shadow of doubt behind Dark's brash exterior branches from the very nature of who he is. Or maybe, "who is he..." The truth is no-one knows, and what remains of his past has been lost in the passing of time. He exists only as a fleeting figure in the newspapers every 40 years or so. And then after that? The thing Dark fears above all else is not being killed, or losing his love, or even being trapped away for another 40 years. What Dark fears is to slip from the memories of all, forever. "I don't want to let you forget me. I don't want to slip into obscurity" he whispers fervently to Riku while in Daisuke's form, embracing her as if by that action he will survive in her memory forever. Because, after all, who really knows who he is? How much of Dark has been forgotten, forever lost? It is the desire of people to be remembered. To prove that our existence is meaningful.
Daisuke has a family, he has friends who know him and care about him. But more importantly, he has a real life. He exists in and as himself. Perhaps, Dark had these things once as well. Friends, family, maybe that someone special who meant everything to him. People, who knew him, could take one glance and remember this or that memory shared in precious company. If he did, we'll never know, but now, all that he was or is, is characterized by what people make of him.
A thief, a womanizer, a brash youth with no regard for rules, who taunts his victims, steals then sweeps away on black wings. It's a superficial appearance, the one which attracts Risa and repels Riku. Maybe that's why Dark like Riku? Because she doesn't accept him at surface level, this face he presents to the public. But then, maybe that makes it all the more painful. For if Riku likes and accepts Dark for who he truly is, that he and Daisuke are the same....
At that moment he will disappear. He will cease to exist henceforth for the person who finally accepted who he really was. That true Dark who has been lost in the passing of time, and once more shall be lost again to the one person he truly cared for. It is perhaps not so much a curse on the Niwa household that Dark exists within them than it is a curse for Dark to forever exist yet not be remembered. And even this mere existence is seen as a burden by Daisuke in the beginning.
This mysterious thief suddenly popping out of nowhere and making trouble using his body as an unwilling host. Daisuke does come to accept it however and even relishes in the existence of his "other side". They are one and the same, co-existing together. Or is it? We never get to see Dark answer this question. It is not out of a desire to dominate their shared relationship, but does that make it a wish for co-existence.? "Me and Dark's wish is Co-existence" Daisuke says... "From now on... your wish will never come true". The words of Krad, a taunt in the face of Dark's wish. His wish for simple existence as himself.
Calista felt her heart begin to ache as she realized just what Dark went through…Doesn’t every person want their life to be meaningful? Doesn’t everyone want to be able to be remembered by the ones they love? What a burden it must be, to exist, and nobody seems to notice or care…That was the reason Dark did what he did…he wanted to be alive, and have his own life…he wanted his endless nightmare to have some impact or meaning to people…

Dark refused to let any look of sadness cross his face as he stubbornly glared Krad down, “How touching, poor Kaitou Dark just wants to be remembered? He doesn’t want to be lost in to the wind?” Krad asked with relish as he saw Dark’s pain.
Krad then crossed his arms and asked, “Are you quite done with your little speech? Was that all you came here to do?” He questioned in boredom. Dark then responded, “ No…I have someone I need to protect…” Krad rose an eyebrow before grinning, “Aww, is little Dark concerned about Calista?” Dark twitched momentarily before he replied, “So what if I am? Isn’t every man concerned about the girl he loves…?”
Calista’s eyes widened as she heard, “Isn’t every man concerned about the girl he loves…?” So it was true…he really did truly love her…A few joyous tears slowed down her face as she could feel his eyes glance over at her. If she wasn’t bound she would have wrapped herself around him like a blanket full of doubt.
“Well isn’t that lovely… Guess what hotshot? I happen to love her too, so it looks like this will be a battle…” Krad challenged the fiery teen. A smile graced Dark’s face as he put up his fists which glowed bright purple, “I wouldn’t have it any other way…”
The magical static that hung in the air crackled, sending gold and blue streams of electricity up the stone walls. “Well make your move jackass.” Krad growled in impatience. Dark rolled his eyes, “Shut it Blondie…” A vein in Krad’s forehead pulsed as rage blinded him and he aimed a golden blast of energy at Dark’s head.
Dark merely sidestepped and asked as he glanced at the hole in the wall, “Was that aimed at me…?” Krad then threw a barrage of spike shaped golden rays at the kaitou who took to flight with a large flap from his obsidian colored wings. Krad followed with his snow white wings enabled him to attack Dark from the sky.
Calista helplessly thrashed about in her chains, these were made by magic, Krad’s magic…and without the chains broken a magical seal was placed over her body. She looked up at the two warring angels and prayed, “Dark, please don’t get hurt…If something happens to you…I don’t know what I’ll do…”

A bright barrage of lights coursed throughout the tower as sparks of blue and gold energy bounced off the stone walls. The sound of shattering glass was heard as a few debris of the window came smashing to the floor. Krad’s wings fluttered as the glass rained downward and the white devil began a high speed dive. “DARK!” He snarled down at the youth below.
Dark raised his gaze with a cocky grin before Krad came in to contact with his fists. Krad attempted to strike Dark in the face, but Dark blocked his punches, and his own wings tore through Krad’s pure white feathers. Krad screamed in pain as his wings were torn away from him and Dark wrapped his black ash wings around them both, sending them flying straight through a stone wall!
As they connected with a stone wall Krad yelped in pain as his back was thrown against the hard rock. “W-What!?” Krad gasped as he noticed he was pinned against a wall with thorns and a hanging sheet. It was a painting! Krad winced as Dark’s grip on his shoulders tightened. Krad’s magical enery skyrocketed, causing a vivid white light, “Well if that’s the case!”
Dark then threw two ebony black feathers which pierced Krad’s hands, fastening him to the painting, “Are you going to use the seal!? Don’t you know what will happen!? Have you gone mad!?” Krad yelled at the purple haired male. Dark only rolled his eyes before backing away from Krad, with a flickering of light around him, his hands glowed and soon twisted in a magical spiral snaking around the painting.
Dark was sealing Krad to the painting! Sure enough the thorns began to glow and wrap around their prey, which just so happened to be Krad…”DARK!” Krad yelled desperately as the sealing spell, rendered him immobile and pinned to the thorny wall.
“Goodbye, my other self…” Dark said as an unnatural wind swept by ruffling his long tresses and black coat. The wounds from the battle began to sting and burn, and Dark clutched his shoulder where one of Krad’s rays of magic had struck him. A steady flow of blood ran down his arm, but he paid the wound no mind.
With a few power flaps he soared down towards the main chamber, “Cal!” He called to the girl who was looking around desperately for any sign of the two. Her head spun to the side to catch Dark’s figure and a beautiful smile of joy crossed her face as Dark landed in front of her, “You did it! How did yo-Dark! You’re hurt!” She gasped as her eyes flickered at the blood running down Dark’s arm.
“Its no big deal, just a scratch.” Dark shrugged as if the wound meant nothing. “Scratch my arse!” Calista pouted at him angrily. They were silent for a moment before Dark broke out in to a chorus of laughter, “Nice pout, Cal.” He chuckled as he walked towards her and reached his hand out for the glowing white chain.

When his hand came in to contact with the metal a sharp discharge of magical energy stung his hand. Dark made an annoyed sound and muttered, “Hmph, killing me by inches he is…” He held his outstretched hand over the chain, which glowed with blue liveliness.
As the magic began to grow in strength, A golden seal could be seen upon the white chain, the magical seal Krad had used to bind Calista with. As the radiant blue light in Dark’s fingertips glowed a long tendril of dark magic circled around his hand and when it struck with the seal, it shattered and slowly the chains began to fade away…
As the bindings disappeared from Calista’s wrists she looked down at the raw skin before looking over at Dark who sighed in exhaustion. “You okay?” He asked as he began to turn towards her. He didn’t get the chance to look at her as she threw herself in to his arms and tenderly wrapped her arms around him, “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry Dark!” She cried in to his shoulder, causing droplets to rain down on his shirt. Dark blinked in confusion as she apologized to him while crying her heart out.
“Wha-? What are you sorry about!?” He asked her as he propped her chin up with his hand to look at her face. Calista hiccupped before responding, “I doubted you…I thought you hated me, and I completely m-misunderstood you! I only c-cared about m-my feelings, and didn’t e-even think about how t-this was affecting you…”
Dark’s eyes softened as she held back her tears on his behalf, “Hey, you don’t need to be sorry, It’s me who should apologize to you…” Calista looked back up at him and slowly cocked her head, “Huh?” Dark then looked at her guiltily before replying with a soft, gentle tone, “I was so busy looking for love…I didn’t notice someone right in front of me…”
Calista blinked in perplexity as Dark expressed regret to her, “Who?” She inquired obliviously to the taller teen. Dark then fastened his amethyst gaze upon her lavender one before saying firmly, “You.” Calista’s pulse raced and her eyes widened slowly at Dark’s confession. “Wha…What are you saying?” Dark then released her and she said with her head hung low, “Why did you come to tell me that…?”
Dark looked down at her in bewilderment, “Huh? Why?” Calista then pulled away from him and turned her back on him and cried, “But I know! I know you like Risa!” Dark felt his heart let off a sharp jolt of pain as she said that to him like her heart was breaking in two.
He remained silent for a moment as Calista tightly shut her eyes and wrapped her arms protectively around her. In the sound of silence Dark softly said, “The one I love…isn’t Risa…,” He then declared to her, “Its Calista…” Calista’s eyes flew open and her heart faltered for a moment before she shook her head in denial, “Liar…” She whispered in disbelief.
Dark then gazed upon her and responded, “It’s not a lie…though it was Risa at first…but the more time we spent together…I couldn’t get you out of my head…” Calista then looked down and with a small quavering voice asked, “What is that supposed to mean…?” Dark took a step closer to her so he was directly behind her and whispered, “I have fun with you, and its so easy to talk to you…its so natural…I can talk to you about anything…”
Calista listened intently, but to avoid the heartbreak she might endure she tried to deny her feelings and asked, “What…What are you saying…?” Dark placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and replied, “It’s like your true name says…Koigokoro…Awakening of Love…”
Calista shivered at his touch and replied, “Da-ku…Will you say it…My real name…?” Dark smiled as she turned around to face him with a few tears flowing down her face, “Koigokoro…” Calista smiled and wrapped her arms around him, “All this time, All this time…its been you! Aishiteru!” She cried upon his chest as he smiled and wrapped his muscular arms protectively around her.
Soon after her tears of joy died down he looked at her with a smile and gently kissed her forehead, “So, you’ve wanted to be with me all this time?” He questioned her with his eyes sparkling.

Dear my love, haven't you wanted to be with me
And dear my love, haven't you longed to be free
I can't keep pretending that I don't even know you
And at sweet night, you are my own

Calista shyly smiled at him before replying with a radiant pink blush, “Yeah…” Dark then intertwined his fingers with hers and said, “I’ve wanted to be with you too.” The pitter patter of rain echoed around the stone chamber as the droplets hit the floor. Tears of the heavens, tears of an angel.

Dark then let her go and stood atop the pedestal with a gorgeous smile and held out his hand to her, “Come with me, and let’s get out of here.” Calista hesitated and asked, “What about Daisuke, Riku, Emiko and everyon-,” Dark then grinned, “There’s no need to tell anyone, because all we need is each other.”

Take my hand
We're leaving here tonight
There's no need to tell anyone
They'd only hold us down
So by the morning's light
We'll be half way to anywhere
Where love is more than just your name

Calista grabbed his hand and he pulled her in to his arms, and with a flap from his ebony wings they were flying sky high. Calista hung on to the back of his neck and looked downward at the ground below as he securely held her against him. “Where are we going?” She asked him whilst she rested her head on his shoulder. Dark shrugged and smiled, “Anywhere, We’re free to go wherever we want. You’ve been freed after all.”

Calista smiled serenely and sighed, “This is like a dream come true…” Dark chuckled and nuzzled her cheek, “So, I want to make you happy, where you want to go?” Calista looked in to his deep eyes and smiled, “Anywhere…because you are here, I am happy.”

I have dreamt of a place for you and I
No one knows who we are there
All I want is to give my life only to you
I've dreamt so long I cannot dream anymore
Let's run away, I'll take you there

They'd only hold us down
Where no one needs a reason

The rain had let up, revealing a beautiful glowing moon upon the horizon. The sky tonight was painted with a million stars which twinkled down upon them. Calista snuggled against Dark, knowing that with him she felt so safe and that she did not always need to be on her guard, for Krad or anyone else. Krad wasn’t here to stop Dark and she from loving each other and spending eternity in each other’s arms. She could finally open her heart to the one person she loved and trusted above all others.

Forget this life
Come with me
Don't look back, you're safe now
Unlock your heart
Drop your guard
No one's left to stop you

Forget this life
Come with me
Don't look back, you're safe now
Unlock your heart
Drop your guard
No one's left to stop you now

Dark made a descent towards the evergreen Azumano Park and landed on the wooden bridge, which crossed the blue crystillian stream. “What are we doing here…?” Calista asked as the smell of flowers invaded her senses and the chirps of crickets filled her ears. “Hold on, I’ve got a surprise.” Dark smirked and headed in to a clump of trees, shrouded by the forest gloom.

Calista stood at the bridge in bewilderment and tossed a loose strand of hair behind her shoulder, as excitement filled her insides, though she had no idea what to expect. She was counting the possibilities when she felt someone turn her around. She looked up at Dark expectantly who just smiled and said, “Close your eyes…”

She obediently closed her eyes with her excitement reaching its peak as Dark quickly took her hand and put certain something over her ring finger. “Open your eyes.” The girl quickly opened her eyes to look down upon an enormous glittering diamond ring! Her eyes widened as she gazed at the gem with her heart swelling up in joy. She looked up at Dark who smiled and held up his hand on which there was a silver engagement band…

Calista felt blissful tears slide down her cheeks as Dark took her hand and kneeled before her, “Calista,…Will you marry me?” Calista blushed and cried at the same time and covered her face with her hands. “Whats wrong?” Dark questioned in concern as she cried her eyes out. “If you don’t want to I’ll understand…” He began though his tone betrayed his statement.

Calista grabbed his shoulder and said, “No! I’m crying because I’m so happy you idiot!” She hugged him tightly and smiled a true smile. Dark smirked and thought, “Thank you for being a good and generous God…”

Not being able to stand the aching desire any longer his right hand snaked upward to cup her face. He could now see the uncertainty in her eyes as he gazed in to her lilac colored orbs. He tenderly nuzzled her neckline and gained a soft sigh from her. His amethyst eyes locked on to hers and she peacefully closed her eyes. He took that as a yes and innocently pressed his lips against hers. A cinnamon essence washed over him like a tidal wave as he kissed her lovingly. He felt her hands entangle themselves in his untamed locks as she melted against him. He instantly found what he was constantly searching for.

At that moment Dark had found his Sacred Maiden…

They'd only hold us down
Where love is more than just your name…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back