• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► One Piece (Netflix Live Action Adaptation)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
So, I’ve seen a few One Piece threads here in the past, but the latest post on its biggest thread was 5 years ago.
So, I’ve decided to create a thread with a focus on the Netflix adaptation in mind.

To me, as someone who has only seen about as much material of the manga and anime as this live-action series covers, I think it’s overall pretty good 👍
Yes, there are some moments that don’t make it in to the series and small changes here and there, but the sense of adventure and fun is still present which is always a good thing for a series about pirates sailing through uncharted lands and seas. And they were able to expand on a few things the early story couldn’t, like Luffy and Coby’s friendship, as well as their relationships with Vice Admiral Garp, as well as drop hints of things to come.

To those who’ve seen the anime before this, what are your thoughts on it?
And to those who are watching this show for the first time, does this show get you interested in checking out the source material?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
It’s probably no big surprise, but we have confirmation from Eiichiro Oda that Season 2 is confirmed!

Might take a while as they’re still scriptwriting, and given the recent actor and writer strikes, but it’s good to know we have more on the way.

Also, actress Jamie Lee Curtis has taken interest in playing the role of Dr. Kureha in Season 2, with series co-showrunner Matt Owens open to talks once the strikes are over:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I also think they rushed things too much, and it spoiled the story a bit.
I wouldn’t say they really spoiled anything, if you’re referring to Garp and name dropping Jinbei, more like they’re setting up world building for future seasons. I can understand how it might seem rushed compared to the anime though, it does go by fairly quick.

D

Deleted member 282472

I watched it and loved it. I'm surprised it was as good as it was.

I don't mind the inclusions but I wished it ended at Loguetown. It would've been a better book end.

Back