• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Okay this might sound kinda weird but

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know when people, or members i should say stop posting around forums. Everyone is like man i wonder what happened to that guy or something. In most cases you would assume that the person either:
A. Got really busy and hasn't been around lately.
B. Got sick of the forum thing and moved on.

But i was thinking the other day. And im sorry if this is too morbid for some of you but what if its:
C. They died in some freak accident.

I mean it could happen. If I died I doubt anyone would know that on here. We would never be informed. I dont know i guess im asking has a member ever knowingly died on a forum, because how would you even come to know since forums tend to be anti-personal in the sense that we take an alias username. Unless it was like an admin or something.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
And what are you trying to get at here? That we should assume all inactive members are either dead or have gone mentally insane? Why be so pessimistic?

Look on the bright side. They're probably busy, rushing about in their daily lives, having no time to sit down and visit the forum.

M

Miss Murder

In all actuality, I was thinking the same thing.

But really just pondering. Still, I suppose it's possible but unlikely.

sorry i am not pessemistic at all i was just thinking one day and like man what if?

and yeah when i was typing up the thread i was kinda thinking what am i getting at here.

but i mean death is real.. i must have happened on some forum somewhere..
plus death doesnt always have to have such a negative connotation all of the time.

it just is what it is.

therefore i am not a pessemist.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
Your attitude implies that we're leaning on the pessimistic side. Sure, death could have occurred, but why would anyone want to consider that? I, for one, would not. Be more optimistic about these things. ^_^

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
^Optimism is yum, but then I tend to think the worse sometimes when someone's not on. x-x I once searched the obituaries for a friend (in his local paper) because I hadn't seen him in a while. o-o Other than that, I've had people tell me I'm too optimistic.

Some people have connections, so their connections would pry know when something happened to them. Me and a friend are like that, we know a lot of what happens, and we know why one of us wouldn't be active somewhere. Were something bad to happen to him, I pry wouldn't be on here telling you all about it till much later after the fact because I'd be trying to talk to him or see him. x-x And then he'd pry tell you when he returns. -.-

Most of it is being busy. School is a big factor often, people grow up and get jobs, rough stuff happens. Forums are really one of the things that would usually be last on my list.

nah im terribly optimistic. in person especially i mean like if we ever were to meet youd understand. maybe someday, eh? ; )

i was just pondering around my brain sort of.

i dont even know anyone who isnt around the forums cause i dont really know anyone in general. except for endless flames who used to be qwe. hes tight.

yeah and i dont know i dont see death as such a negative thing.. yes it is very sad but it happens and for some people or religons it is seen as a good thing. so i dont know.

but yeah things like that just make you wonder.

sometimes i feel bad about not going on a forum that i used to go on simply just because im not into it anymore. But i think about all the peopel i met there and such and i feel sad that i dropped out of it.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I always would look at that and say...hmm.......mustve gotten to busy......or bored.......... But thinking that they're dead is kind of.....cruel....I don't want to look at someones profile and think: Wow.....How do you think they died?

M

Miss Murder

Death is a concept for which the human population has yet to completely understand.

Either it is impossible to fully understand the concept of death, or we're just ignorant sometimes.

It's possible, but not probable as I believe has been said before.

Apollo

Silver Member
aww I don't think those things and I always have new people who become buddies with me and never come back. You just got to think they are busy or bored!

mesmerized

weird...

my boyfriend say stuff like that all the time. its kinda crazy.

Him: "Where's your mom?"
Me: "I don't know, late?"
Him: "Oh... she's probally dead."
Me: "......Shut up, Justin."

ha... but yeah. They're probally just really busy. Not to say that death doesnt happen all the time, it is a really natural thing.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Everyone's saying "I'm too optimistic to think that" and what not, but you can't dismiss what could be true by looking on the bright-side. Though I think most unactive members have just moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back