• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Okami?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
I heard it's like the BESTEST GAME EVAR!!!!, but I'm not sure whether I should buy it. I rarely buy games, and if I do, I like them to be either very long, entertaining or cheap.

To give you an idea of my taste in games, at the moment for PS2 I have...

1. Kingdom Hearts
2. Kingdom Hearts 2
3. Final Fantasy X
4. Final Fantasy X-2
5. Devil May Cry 3
6. GTA San Andreas
7. Metal Gear Solid 2
8. Metal Gear Solid 3

Is it worth getting Okami? It just came out here. Oh, and I heard it's coming to Wii...

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
ive got this game, but still havent played it, and with all this hype ive seen in the forums and on Game sites im wondering why i havent... :/

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
If you have the game, why don't you play it? Don't have the time?

Anyway, I also heard this game was awesome. I'm going to wait until it goes down on price, then I'll buy it.

sonic-speed

I havent bought Okami, but I rented it. It was a decent adventure game. Not as good as I was expecting from everybody's rants though.

The game is just way too easy overall. The puzzles are simple enough for a 3 year old, and the fighting is just waaaaay too easy. It's just simple hack & slash over and over again. Every now and then you can pull out the paintbrush, but it's really not that important in battles.

Many people I talked to referred to it as the "Zelda Killer". ha ha ha ha no. Zelda has a much more colorful and unique cast of characters, races, locations, etc. than Okami ever had. Not to mention Zelda's boss fights and even some of the smaller enemies at least took some skill to defeat.

Also, I'm sorry, usually I dont bring in such an insignificant factor to review a game, but I had to bring this in. The voices in Okami annoyed the hell out of me. I dont mind that they dont have voice actors, but was it really necessary for them to make the annoying strings of mumbles and voices as they talk? Usually little stuff like that doesn't bother me, but this game REALLY annoyed me with it.

Not to mention, this game had terrible camera problems all over the place.

However, since Okami doesn't have any major control flaws, I'll say it passes for decent, but there's no way I would ever pay full price to buy Okami. I MIGHT rent it again, not sure.

antiformkeyblade

never betray. never.
Okami is amazing. The story kinda switches a couple times, but the gameplay is unlike anything ever. But you have to have some time on your hands to play through the whole thing. It took me 49 hours too beat it once, but i did a lot of side quests though. PLAY IT!!!

sonic-speed

the gameplay is unlike anything ever.

no, it's not. there's two forms of gameplay in Okami: free-roaming and combat

Okami's free-roaming gameplay is exactly like any other simple adventure game, except that from time to time, you'll have to draw a quick circle, dot, etc. on the screen with the paintbrush. aside from the paintbrush, it's just like any other adventure game.

Okami's combat gameplay is just simple hack & slash. That's it. Not much else to say about that. Nothing revolutionary about it. They give you the paintbrush also, but for the most part it's really unnecessary. The vast majority of enemies in this game can be defeated without even touching the paintbrush trigger.

Oh, and btw, IMO, this game should not have been on the PS2. Analog sticks + drawing concept = bad idea. This game really should've been on the DS.

D

Dexter

I agree with the annoying voices, I mean it was so boring pressing X like 50 times till you acutally got to play. The voices are annoying as hell with all the Mbfbhdfh an the kdjgkjgkjlkg gahhh! I just muted the t.v for the whole game.....but other than that I'll say Okami is a decent game.........

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
I love Okami, it's different from anything I've ever played and boy, is Okami beautiful! You should at least try it out, if you can't rent it, maybe borrow it from someone you know? Capcom does have the rights, but how could Okami go to the Wii when the folks who made it, Clover, dissolved?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Many people I talked to referred to it as the "Zelda Killer". ha ha ha ha no. Zelda has a much more colorful and unique cast of characters, races, locations, etc. than Okami ever had. Not to mention Zelda's boss fights and even some of the smaller enemies at least took some skill to defeat.

Okami had great characters.

Not to mention, this game had terrible camera problems all over the place.

lol wut?

I've never had any camera problems in Okami.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Decent game. It had amazing visuals but that's about it. Decent story, annoying "voice acting" and sub-par game play which has been done to a degree in other games. It was nice to rely on the "painting" abilities for attacks and solving puzzles but in the end it just amounts to a decent game.

Greatest game ever? Hell no.

Good game? Yeah.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
If you have the game, why don't you play it? Don't have the time?

Anyway, I also heard this game was awesome. I'm going to wait until it goes down on price, then I'll buy it.

Yeah pretty much, always working and dont get to play video games often anymore :(

Also, nice sig :)

A few people are calling this an RPG? i thought it was just an Action game?

antiformkeyblade

never betray. never.
no, it's not. there's two forms of gameplay in Okami: free-roaming and combat

Okami's free-roaming gameplay is exactly like any other simple adventure game, except that from time to time, you'll have to draw a quick circle, dot, etc. on the screen with the paintbrush. aside from the paintbrush, it's just like any other adventure game.

Okami's combat gameplay is just simple hack & slash. That's it. Not much else to say about that. Nothing revolutionary about it. They give you the paintbrush also, but for the most part it's really unnecessary. The vast majority of enemies in this game can be defeated without even touching the paintbrush trigger.

Oh, and btw, IMO, this game should not have been on the PS2. Analog sticks + drawing concept = bad idea. This game really should've been on the DS.

By gameplay i meant the part with using the brush and stuff. duh. and the whole point of the brush is to add something new. not just hack n slash. your supposed to have fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back