• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura Interview Fully Translated!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
what if kh3 sucks? you have no way of knowing what it will really be like so when everyone gets excited for kh3 they think it will be the best ever. kh2 sucked in many people's eyes, so please dont act like you know that kh3 will be better than these current games just because it is a "main" game.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
what if kh3 sucks? you have no way of knowing what it will really be like so when everyone gets excited for kh3 they think it will be the best ever. kh2 sucked in many people's eyes, so please dont act like you know that kh3 will be better than these current games just because it is a "main" game.

I don't think KH3 will be bad at all, because I'd hope Nomura looks at what ppl are complaining about for KH2 and fixes them, I think he'd do that :p

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
You don't seem to understand what I'm saying, nor do I follow your logic. COM was released before KHII. It didn't answer any questions, because we hadn't played KHII yet!
And this is where your ignorance shows. Had you actually read my post you would have seen
I'm sorry but what does ANY of that have to do with the plot? Without COM ALOT of things in KH2 would have came out of nowhere.
In fact, it was the other way around. I don't get why some fans act like the writers couldn't have written things differently, in a better way? At the end of the day, the events at Castle Oblivion could easily have been told in KH2 instead.
So basically rewrite an entire game in order for you to prove a point then? Hell why even have KH2 for that matter why not let the writers give KH1 a proper ending. Bottom line COM sets up the stage for KH2 WE DO NEED IT.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
So basically rewrite an entire game in order for you to prove a point then? Hell why even have KH2 for that matter why not let the writers give KH1 a proper ending. Bottom line COM sets up the stage for KH2 WE DO NEED IT.

Gosh. No, you just don't get it. Castle Oblivion didn't need to have its own game in the first place. How on earth did you come to the conclusion that the events that took place right after the first game would be coming out of nowhere if they skipped COM, as if they didn't come out of nowhere in that game in the first place? That's just illogical! They'd be the same events introduced in the same order either way, you silly thing. And obviously, nothing would have had to be rewritten had it been written differently in the first place.

loke13

Gosh. No, you just don't get it. Castle Oblivion didn't need to have its own game in the first place. How on earth did you come to the conclusion that the events that took place right after the first game would be coming out of nowhere if they skipped COM, as if they didn't come out of nowhere in that game in the first place? That's just illogical! They'd be the same events introduced in the same order either way, you silly thing. And obviously, nothing would have had to be rewritten had it been written differently in the first place.
But is WASN'T written differently in the first place, which is why it would be rewriting an entire game. So your basically saying COM is unnecessary because Nomura could have written it differently.....? NEWSFLASH the same could be said for ANY game after KH1. Geez are you that dense. COM IS NOT unnecessary because its sets up the stage setting for and KH2. PERIOD. POINT BLANK. That's like me saying BBS in unnecessary or KH3 because Nomura "could have written it differently".

Don't bring hypothetical and what-ifs to a debate they won't hold up. Do you want to know the reality of the situation?

COM exist. It IS necessary if you want to get the full scope of KH2.

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
So your basically saying COM is unnecessary because Nomura could have written it differently.....? NEWSFLASH the same could be said for ANY game after KH1. Geez are you that dense. COM IS NOT unnecessary because its sets up the stage setting for and KH2. PERIOD. POINT BLANK. That's like me saying BBS in unnecessary or KH3 because Nomura "could have written it differently".

I never said that I thought COM was unnecessary because of its plot (or lack thereof).

COM = almost an entire game made up of recycled content (= bad effort)

BBS = there's brand new content throughout the entire game (= good effort)

See the difference? You'd have to be blind not to!

loke13

I never said that I thought COM was unnecessary because of its plot (or lack thereof).
There is no lack of plot in COM.

COM = almost an entire game made up of recycled content (= bad effort)

BBS = there's brand new content throughout the entire game (= good effort)
The only recylced content were the worlds.

See the difference? You'd have to be blind not to!
So you judge a game by how many new worlds it has? And you still haven't proved how COM is unnecessary.

Your reason's for bashing COM are becoming less and less intelligent.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Ansem: Every post like that... is an empire of ignorance! That is why you and your opinion are destined to fall!

Seriously, that post was one of the dumbest things I have read. I mean, do you realize how many people played KH2 and skipped COM? Guess what happened? They were confused as heck. If you skip COM and go straight to KH2, a million questions come to your head like "What's Castle Oblivion?" "Why is Sora, Donald and Goofy on a pod?" "Who is this Namine?" "Why does Jiminy's journal say 'Thank Namine'?" "Why was Sora asleep for a year?" "Why is it called Organization XIII when there are only about 8 people?" "Why did Sora forget his magic?" "Why did everyone suddenly forget Sora while he was asleep?"

See how many questions that brings up? If you just skip COM, NONE of those questions will be answered.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Are you done insulting me now? Suggesting that people are dense just because they don't agree with you is rather immature, don't you think?

There is no lack of plot in COM.

That's your opinion, not a fact.

The only recylced content were the worlds.

Which unfortunately made up most of the game.

So you judge a game by how many new worlds it has?

No, but by the amount of new content in the actual game. I think that's pretty fair, don't you?

And you still haven't proved how COM is unnecessary.

Yes, I have. Apart from Castle Oblivion itself, most of the game was just a rehash of the original KH. However, the Disney worlds had been reduced to being bumps in the road. They didn't really play any other part in the story. You can watch all of the cutscenes from Castle Oblivion (less than 20 in total if you count Riku's scenario as well), and you'll basically have the entire game's plot right there. You see, I actually like the Castle Oblivion story (as in what happened in the actual castle). This could have made a nice animé, manga or a long cutscene prologue instead (Square Enix did this for FFX-2, for example). What I don't like is how the rest of the game, which unfortunately is also most of it, is like a poor man's version of the original KH with nothing new to discover.

Is that not enough? I'm not asking you to agree with me. I'm simply trying to have a nice and friendly debate with you.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
That's your opinion, not a fact.

Um no, that'd be a fact. Saying "I hate the plot to COM" is an opinion. Saying "There is a plot to COM" is a fact.

Which unfortunately made up most of the game.

But they were handled differently. They're not the same stories, not the same levels, the designs of the places are different, and it was in 2D so it was a fresh new experience. And even then, it had atleast 2 new worlds: Twilight Town and Castle Oblivion.

No, but by the amount of new content in the actual game. I think that's pretty fair, don't you?

What the?! There is PLENTY of new content in the game. For one thing, the battle system is COMPLETELY different, you have new music, new levels, new gameplay design with using cards to going to area to area, new enemies, new characters, a second scenario, etc. Don't give me that bullcrap that there isn't any new content in COM because there is a LOT of new content!

Yes, I have. Apart from Castle Oblivion itself, most of the game was just a rehash of the original KH. However, the Disney worlds had been reduced to being bumps in the road. They didn't really play any other part in the story. You can watch all of the cutscenes from Castle Oblivion (less than 20 in total if you count Riku's scenario as well), and you'll basically have the entire game's plot right there. You see, I actually like the Castle Oblivion story (as in what happened in the actual castle). This could have made a nice animé, manga or a long cutscene prologue instead (Square Enix did this for FFX-2, for example). What I don't like is how the rest of the game, which unfortunately is also most of it, is like a poor man's version of the original KH with nothing new to discover.

Is that not enough? I'm not asking you to agree with me. I'm simply trying to have a nice and friendly debate with you.

COM was nothing like KH1. Yes, they re-used KH1's worlds but everything else was completely different. To say it's a KH1 knock-off is completely ignorant.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I'm not even gonna bother to reply to that. You're an immature little kid who needs to learn how to carry a proper discussion without getting all upset and throw a tantrum when somebody doesn't agree with you.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not even gonna bother to reply to that. You're an immature little kid who needs to learn how to carry a proper discussion without getting all upset and throw a tantrum when somebody doesn't agree with you.

Ha ha ha... I love it how everyone seems to randomly say I'm throwing a tantrum just because of my age. How on earth did I sound like I was getting all upset and throwing a tantrum? I WAS doing a proper discussion. I was getting whiny about it, I was simply stating the obvious. You clearly just misinterpreted it because in your mind anything that's against your opinion is automatically declared as throwing a tantrum.

Oh well. Not my problem you love to misinterpret comments. And it's also not my fault that you can't even respond to my post because you know you're wrong and can't backup your argument at all :)

loke13

Um no, that'd be a fact. Saying "I hate the plot to COM" is an opinion. Saying "There is a plot to COM" is a fact.

But they were handled differently. They're not the same stories, not the same levels, the designs of the places are different, and it was in 2D so it was a fresh new experience. And even then, it had atleast 2 new worlds: Twilight Town and Castle Oblivion.

What the?! There is PLENTY of new content in the game. For one thing, the battle system is COMPLETELY different, you have new music, new levels, new gameplay design with using cards to going to area to area, new enemies, new characters, a second scenario, etc. Don't give me that bullcrap that there isn't any new content in COM because there is a LOT of new content!

COM was nothing like KH1. Yes, they re-used KH1's worlds but everything else was completely different. To say it's a KH1 knock-off is completely ignorant.
Pretty much this. Your argument that COM was a KH1 knockoff even though the plot of the game outside of the Disney worlds doesn't even remotely resemble KH1 makes no sense. Once again you logic fails.

silverdragon1615

abs of steel and sex appeal
Pretty much this. Your argument that COM was a KH1 knockoff even though the plot of the game outside of the Disney worlds doesn't even remotely resemble KH1 makes no sense. Once again you logic fails.

He said that COM wasnt necassary which was true. I thought it was cool, but like he said they could have ended kh1 with sora being put to sleep and introducing the other 6 members in kh2. In the end Catle oblivion really didnt have much significane because everyone forgot what happened

loke13

He said that COM wasnt necassary which was true. I thought it was cool, but like he said they could have ended kh1 with sora being put to sleep and introducing the other 6 members in kh2. In the end Catle oblivion really didnt have much significane because everyone forgot what happened
Why would Sora go to sleep in the first place? Especially when he had Riku to find. The only reason why he went to sleep was to restore his memories WHICH HAPPENED IN COM.

silverdragon1615

abs of steel and sex appeal
Why would Sora go to sleep in the first place? Especially when he had Riku to find. The only reason why he went to sleep was to restore his memories WHICH HAPPENED IN COM.

Meh he could have them erased at the end of kh1, i dunno use your imagination. Im just saying that it wasnt necessary to make a whole game out of it when most of it was never mentioned again. It doesnt change the fact that COM for the gameboy was awesome. I just dont see why you guys made re:magnus sound stupid

loke13

Meh he could have them erased at the end of kh1, i dunno use your imagination. Im just saying that it wasnt necessary to make a whole game out of it when most of it was never mentioned again. It doesnt change the fact that COM for the gameboy was awesome. I just dont see why you guys made re:magnus sound stupid
Using that logic any game after KH1 was unnecessary. Like I said to RE:magnus:
Don't bring hypothetical and what-ifs to a debate they won't hold up. Do you want to know the reality of the situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back