• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

nobodies and heartless?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraiXshot

the names nobody and heartless dosent make sense to me. all a NOBODY is is a body! so why nobody? they should be called heartless. cuz they only lack hearts. and HEARTLESS are only a heart taken by darkness. the names are totally switched. btw nothing to do with the title or thread, but why did xehanorts heartless need rikus body? did he not have one b4, and is so how the hell did he get his old body back? what happened in between him turning into a "heartless" and meeting sora when he was all in that brown coat thing.

The 14th Order

Well, if you think of it that way, then yeah the names are mixed up...

The Heartless are called that because their hearts are corrupted in darkness so they are considered "heartless" for attacking relentlessly.

As for Nobodies, I don't know. They appear to have bodies, but don't. I'm sure it has a deeper meaning, but it does sound like nobodies should be called heartless because they have no hearts. that really makes you think...

Iiso

Nobodies, called such because they do not "exist", they're "no one". So, they're called "Nobodies".

Heartless, called such because they're formed when one loses(or gives) their Heart to darkness. Heartless lack their own(as in the one they had when they were human) Heart, so they take the Hearts of others.

Blue_Nobody

I too noticed the irony of the names of the villains.

That doesn't make the creators any less genius though. >.> Hey, maybe they're called Brainless.

RikuNotRikku

Iiso is right with the nobody thing. It's irronic that it splits into "no body" but that isn't what they mean. They are noone, since they don't exist.

As for heartless. You have to put yourself in the possition of whoever named them.

This is what you see: a person's heart comes out af their chest. It dissipers and a new being stands before you. Would you not naturally assume it is a being without a heart? How would you know that the body has been transported into the relm of In-between and the creature you see is actally the heart inslaved by it's own darkness?

The north pole is actually the earth's south pole. We called it the north pole because thats the way the compass pointed. Since we called that direction north, we assumed it was pointing to the north pole. How were those people supost to know that it was because opposite polarities attract, and that the reason it pointed that way was because it was NOT the earth's north pole?

Science is full of missconseptions like that. Calling them 'heartless' just shows how much thought was put into the game. It makes more sence, since that is what would be assumed.

samuraiXshot

no one seems to be answering my 2nd question. why did ansem need rikus body? what happened to his own? and how did he get it back towards th end of kh?

RikuNotRikku

Ya, it seems he wanted riku because of his connection with Sora. We don't know what he was under his cloak. He doesn't get his body back at all, actually. He is still using Riku, but we see him for what he really is. Teachnically, we are still fighting Riku at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back