• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

No more "sharp" looking keyblades

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoecho6

Awards
Something I noticed that actually kinda bothers me is that all these new keyblades are more blunt. I know the Kingdom Key is blunt and I like it that way, but I still enjoy the thinner and sharp design which seems to be missing now. Even Rikus keyblade has been taken out and replaced with a more bulkier and wider keyblade. Do you think this could be due to Disneys involvment?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Something I noticed that actually kinda bothers me is that all these new keyblades are more blunt. I know the Kingdom Key is blunt and I like it that way, but I still enjoy the thinner and sharp design which seems to be missing now. Even Rikus keyblade has been taken out and replaced with a more bulkier and wider keyblade. Do you think this could be due to Disneys involvment?

I think we will see more sword-like Keyblades in the game. Disney has plenty of movies with traditional weapons in them, so that probably isn't a factor.

I imagine the more stylized, blunt ended Keyblades probably are more fun to render because they have more depth and shape to them and they always like showing off how far technology has advanced from older games.

metro96

I think we will see more sword-like Keyblades in the game. Disney has plenty of movies with traditional weapons in them, so that probably isn't a factor.

I imagine the more stylized, blunt ended Keyblades probably are more fun to render because they have more depth and shape to them and they always like showing off how far technology has advanced from older games.

And to be fair, keyblades deal damage not from stabbing or slicing, but from whacking your opponent over and over again like it's a baseball bat. Sharpness would help, but it's not necessary

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not to mention these keyblades have transformed into lances, icicles and a drill'e .

Lol, yeah. Honestly I'm at this point where I think the chainsaw blade will make a triumphant return to the series after getting vetoed by Disney 20 years ago when Nomura started drawing up the initial concept art because of all of the more aggressive forms we've seen in KH3 alone xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back