• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo DSi XL discussion stuff and crap yeah

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Since Europe and Japan can't have all the fun -- unless, of course, it's a black Nintendo Wii -- the super-sized DSi XL is also due out in the US sometime in Q1 2010, according to a spokesperson speaking with Joystiq. Still no word on price, but we wouldn't be surprised if it parallel the slight markup for the ¥20,000 / US $221 Japanese version. Looks like that smaller-screen version isn't looking so hot for Grandma's Christmas present anymore.

Source: Nintendo DSi XL coming to America in Q1 2010 -- Engadget

Also, First True DSi LL vs. DSi vs. DS Lite Comparison Pic - Dsill - Kotaku

tumblr_ksa111J9jF1qzp9weo1_400.jpg

Wow.

S

Shadow Soldier

Re: Nintendo DSi XL

Terribly, terribly, terribly old news.

Like, old as in the school lunch you find from fourth grade in your closet old. Makes you want to hurl.

Superschlock

Awards

Well damn...It didn't have any threads though, and all the articles were from earlier this month

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider

I know this is off topic, but your avy is sort of awesome

Back on topic, this is another reason why I will never own a DS of any sort. New DSs come out just as often as new Guitar Heroes...

Superschlock

Awards

Lol thanks

And my plan to get this is to sell my DSi and combine the credits and saved up money from my birthday, I think it sounds really nice! Next is gonna be a DS the size of an PS3

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider

Lol thanks

And my plan to get this is to sell my DSi and combine the credits and saved up money from my birthday, I think it sounds really nice! Next is gonna be a DS the size of an PS3
I doubt it. Shit gets smaller every minute with the exception of TVs...

and a black man's penis

Ta-Chan

/E S C A P E;;ǝɹnlıɐɟ

Wow...
DS Lite was decent enough...
Then they screwed me up with the DSi
and now this thing? Isn't the reason they made the DS Lite was to make it LESS bulky? And then they bulk it up purposefully?

S

Shadow Soldier

DS Lite is still the best DS model, and nothing is going to change that.

F

Fagren

Might as well get a PSP, at least the change it in a good way with each version, except the cellphone Go.

F

Fagren

I see what they did.They just gave the original DS all of DSI's features.

Superschlock

Awards

It's probably larger than the original DS though, no more pockets :(

Superschlock

Awards
You can discuss if you plan on getting it or not

And where do they expect that fat-ass stylus to fit into?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
No, because the thing is fucking pointless and they could have easily made it another more powerful DS that's accessible to all the nintendo gamers. They could have squeezed more pixels into that space, and had a setting to upsize DS games to fit onto the screen, but also for other NDSi XL games to actually utilise the what-could-have-been extra processing and graphical power.

A severely wasted opportunity.

Superschlock

Awards
According to Wikipedia, the reason for the larger screens is mainly attributed to allowing easier play on games that feature small text and precision gameplay. Another reason, according to Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, is "to offer a new play style, where those who are surrounding the game player can also join in one way or the other to the gameplay." It'll also have higher battery power, apparently.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
They could've easily done a lot better is all I'm saying.
Well, not easily, but this just seems a piss-poor effort on Nintendo's part, even if it is just a grab at money.

Superschlock

Awards
Well yeah, I agree with you on the "could've done better" but I'd rather have that than a regular DSi, for the benefit of longer batteries and bigger screens. I can't imagine it being more than $50 extra, but who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back