• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News- Shenmue 3 actually in development?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I'll let the link speak for itself.

I, personally, am taking this with not only a grain, but a whole boulder made out of salt.
While a lot more credible than most rumours floating around, it does seem somewhat over-ambitious, practically impossible, to re-make and then finish the Shenmue saga.

But then again, overambitiousness (and actually pulling it off, to a certain extent) always was one of Shenmue's hallmarks.

LittleLegs

i am a huge fan of shenmue.i loved the first game but never got a chance to play the 2nd game.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Ok, then I suggest you go out and badger some friend who's got an Xbox, and rent it (I assume you haven't got a Dreamcast- if you do, why haven't you got Shenmue II?). It's quite different from the original, but also better.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
You obviously missed the point of Shenmue. :(
This actually saddens me, Shenmue needs more fans.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Then I apologize for my stupidity. I guess I over-reacted, as I had expected you to be a fellow Shenmue fan.

LittleLegs

LordMune said:
Ok, then I suggest you go out and badger some friend who's got an Xbox, and rent it (I assume you haven't got a Dreamcast- if you do, why haven't you got Shenmue II?). It's quite different from the original, but also better.

I do have a dreamcast but they canceled Shenmue II release for the US. i think it only made it to europe

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Square Ninja said:
I find that interesting. What was it that made you think I was a Shenmue fan?

Because you appear to be a man with a refined sense of taste in video games, like myself. Something which is rare in these forums.

LittleLegs: Really? I didn't know that. Go badger a friend with an Xbox and rent it then- the DC version retains the original japanese dub, the Xbox version doesn't. Still, Shenmue without the original voice-actors is still a whole lot better than no Shenmue at all.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Yeah, Shenmue would definetly be the 360's killer app...

I realize now that the topic title can be a little misleading if you don't read the article- Shenmue III isn't actually in development; the art assets (textures and some character models, I would assume), story and research are done- they most likely have been since the release of Shenmue II. Sega is looking for a next-gen contract which would allow them to make the whole series all over again before they bring the project out of the freezer.

Shenmue III exists, but it never has been officially cancelled either...

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Square Ninja said:
I don't know about it being the 360's "killer app". It might be very good game, but I doubt it would sell that well.

While it certainly won't sell that well, it will make the 360 the primary console of choice for many a discerning gamer- and to be honest, I couldn't care less about the PlayStation Generation who only play third-party non-exclusive titles anyway.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
LordMune said:
Because you appear to be a man with a refined sense of taste in video games, like myself. Something which is rare in these forums.
Aha... I always knew you were a part of the club. Square Ninja and I have been members for a while.

To stay on Shenmue, I'm sorry to say that I never really was into it, but I did enjoy watching videos of it. I guess it had its own charm, like all good things. Quick-time events were cool, it reminded me of them when I heard about Resident Evil 4, and its button inputs, as well as Dark Cloud's duel system.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
LordMune said:
While it certainly won't sell that well, it will make the 360 the primary console of choice for many a discerning gamer- and to be honest, I couldn't care less about the PlayStation Generation who only play third-party non-exclusive titles anyway.

Methinks "Gears of War" will be the 360's "killer app".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back