• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New brief trailer summary from Ign.com

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Non-Existant One

Ign Posted information of the SE booth and here is the stuff they had to say about the KH2 trailer that was shown.

"Kingdom Hearts II (PS2) - Rounding out the video presentation, this PlayStation 2 sequel is taking its due time to release here, but the time spent certainly shows in the quality of what was shown. The visual bar has been raised with KH2, and there was one sequence where Sora was facing off with literally hundreds of Heartless creatures on screen at a time (ala Dynasty Warriors). The Pirates of the Caribbean sequence also had brilliant mist and explosion effects, as ships ripped into each other in the sea of watery graves. (Plus, Capt. Jack Sparrow looked every bit as crazy in polygon renders as he did in Johnny Depp's performance.) There's also an absolutely endearing moment where Sora meets up with Mickey Mouse in an original Black & White world (complete with early cinema cartoon shenanigans), and we caught glimpses of FFVIII's Squall, FFVII's Cloud, and some other famous faces. The Mulan stage was highlighted, as was the Pirates of the Caribbean stage. We also saw a flying stage, which brings back some ugly memories of the Gummi Ship sequence. Overall, the trailer made the game out to be dark as hell this time, and the more sinister style and heavy Japanese influence makes us a little leery for how Disney fans will take to this second chapter. Still, the visual design is breathtaking on PS2, the story looks deeper and more intriguing (with more knowable villains to hang the story on), and you can't help but be filled with adoration when you see a dark-cloaked figure walk onto the scene and reveal himself to be none other than a ready-to-be-a-bad-dude Mickey Mouse. Kingdom Hearts II is due for release in 2006 in Japan and abroad."

However we all know that they must have missunderstood the release date as many of us know that it is coming out 12/22/05 for Japan. Although this release date is somewhat good news, regretable it forshadows a late December/early 2006 release for the U.S. and other parts of the world. Hopefully there wont be any release date problems like there were with FF7AC.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Sounds cool. It's just a shame I'm not going to be able to play it until 2008.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
^No, I'm not confused. I'm just being sarcastic. Besides at the rate Square is going with the U.S. version of KH2, it could be 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back